project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
25 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2008-02-15, 08:47   #1
infinityloop
Question [Question] How did you remove HUD elements?

Hello!

i am currently working on a new movie. for this movie we have to shoot some first-person scenes and therefore we have to remove certain HUD elemets like
  • healthindicator
  • weapon-status
  • minimap
  • nametags
  • cross hair

someone might think now "just do renderer.drawhud 0".
we could do that, but the problem is that we have first person scenes where flying Jets or helicopters too. and there we need the HUD elements of these vehicles, just not what i listed above.

it would be very cool if one of the developers could give me a hint in which files i have to look for a way to dissable these hud elements.

you can see all the film's which we have done in the past here -> Stage6 ยท FEAR Productions.

thanks!

--edit--
okay, i have now managed to remove:
  • healthindicator
  • weapon-status
  • nametags
  • cross hair

but i cant find a way to remove the minimap and this indicator which shows you the miniimage of the vehicle you are in, and the available seats.
Last edited by infinityloop; 2008-02-15 at 11:16..
Old 2008-02-15, 14:22   #2
Mora

Just put the map opacity on 0 same for icons.
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 14:49   #3
infinityloop

okay, i managed to remove (nearly) everything i have too.

we then tried to play the scene we will need for the movie and then i noticed "ooops, the kill messages and the chat are still there." :-/

since ~1 hour i am now trying to remove the killmessages and kind find a way that works. i am pretty stuck
infinityloop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:21   #4
Mora

yeah thats a problem there.. i don't think that is removed easily. you could try to do something with the fonts bf2 uses but i think it will cause a crash. then you could do some zooming if thats not working for you try to remove it via video editing. if that doesn't work ether i am out of ideas
Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 16:11   #5
infinityloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mora View Post
yeah thats a problem there.. i don't think that is removed easily. you could try to do something with the fonts bf2 uses but i think it will cause a crash. then you could do some zooming if thats not working for you try to remove it via video editing. if that doesn't work ether i am out of ideas
yup. i encountered quite some crashes.

now i thought i could just edit the english.utxt in the localication folder and delete all the messages i do not need.

but ingame i still get all kill-messages, "need medic" etc.
i am realy confused now where it gets this text from :S

*edit*
i fear that it is loading the english.utxt from the BF2 folder and not from my mod *argh*

*edit 2*
my own stupidity causted that.

i have comepletely deleted the text of the localization. this then triggers that the mod loads the text from BF2.
solution is to add a few space. bye, bye kill, spot, request, chat-messages
Last edited by infinityloop; 2008-02-15 at 16:28..
Old 2008-02-15, 16:30   #6
Jonny

The kill messages are in localisation files, search BF2S for which ones and where because I cant remember, but I dont think there is a way to remove the ingame chat. If you do manage to find a way to remove just that I would be quite interested in it.

EDIT:

Do you mean the j,k,l chat things or not?
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 16:50   #7
infinityloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
The kill messages are in localisation files, search BF2S for which ones and where because I cant remember, but I dont think there is a way to remove the ingame chat. If you do manage to find a way to remove just that I would be quite interested in it.

EDIT:

Do you mean the j,k,l chat things or not?
i think that should be possible by editing
HUD/HudSetup/Communication/HudElementsChat.con

(maybe just delete everyting in there ?)
could also lead to a crash ofc.

to remove the kill-,request-,spot-messages just edit the english.utx of your mod

Code:
HUD_HUD_KILLEDBY_KILLS ++    ++
HUD_HUD_KILLEDBY_TEAMKILLS ++    ++
HUD_HUD_CP_CHANGED_TEAM ++    ++
PLAYER_REQUEST_SL_requestorders ++    ++
PLAYER_REQUEST_SL_requestorders_alt ++    ++
*edit* for some reason vbulletin removed these strange characters (which are infront and at the end of the localized text in the utxt. i have added ++ instead of them now) in the code above.

works like a charm.
you just have to make sure that there are some spaces, where the message was. or it will load the message from the original BF2.

so when we are now shooting our scene i do not get any "playerX killed playerY with gunZ" anymore.
so no more hud now after one day of work, except for helicopters and jets where i want them to stay.

cheers
chris
Last edited by infinityloop; 2008-02-15 at 17:02..
Old 2008-02-15, 18:39   #8
Jonny

Tried editing the alpha values, but it only changes the transparency of the text box when you type, not the actual text that appears unfortunately.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
elements, hud, question, remove