project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2011-07-30, 19:44   #1
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Arrow [Map] Test Airfield (4km) [Released] - v1.6.5

This map is included in the base game and no longer requires a separate download and installation process.

I made this really quick test map a few months ago for the PR team to do aircraft testing on but thought I would release it to everyone who also wants to help contribute to aircraft coding etc

It's a basic map featuring all jets, choppers and a few land vehicles + AA systems with 2 air bases (one for bluefor, one for redfor) and also the USS Essex for testing chopper landing on ships and STOVL. The map also features a bombing range with bullseye for testing targeting systems and another bombing range out at sea for laser targeting, also a bunker to test bomb penetration (if that comes in) with some lookout towers for anyone wanting to spot. Runways are also over 2km long so if you can't take off and land on that your sh*t

Map's VD is currently 3km, and I don't get any performance issues with it like that, hardly anything on the map other than vehicles. Also the surrounding terrain you can fly over as there is no combat zone on this map so you can fly right to out there but there are a few small visual bugs with the cockpit sometimes disappearing etc when flying really far into the surrounding terrain but nothing big.

One thing everyone should know for testing. if you want to reload your jet without landing, near each team's airfield is a radio antenna, fly over that and you will be fully rearmed, kinda like vBF2 although you can land to rearm/repair but you need to go onto the "plane stand" in order to rearm/repair.
Also another thing, all the spawns other than a few are set to 10secs, and will spawn up to 5 of the defined object so 10secs after you move a jet/chopper off its spawn, a new jet/chopper of the same type will spawn in its place.
Another thing, there is also on top of the mountain in the NW corner (not in the surrounding terrain) a "heat" target object for you to fire Air to Air missiles at and in the water there are 2 boats (one for each faction, should be able to see one on your minimap) and both have laser targets attached to them to fire air to ground weapons at

The map is currently configured for Project Reality but your all welcome to reconfigure the map for your mod and do what you like with it, but please ask my permission first if you want to re-release the map in your mod or w/e.

Hope you guys find this useful

Download: This map is included in the base game and no longer requires a separate download and installation process.

Minimap:

Last edited by Suchar; 2022-07-09 at 00:14..
Old 2011-07-30, 19:53   #2
Jafar Ironclad
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Map] Test Airfield (4km) [Released]

THANK YOU!!!

Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 19:59   #3
Lugi

How the view distance can be 4km when max for bf2 engine is 3km?
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 20:03   #4
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Amazing! This will come very handy for a n00b like me, gj Rhino

----------------------------------------------

Hmm, it crashed at 14% when I was starting it, ill try again..

Doesn't work for me
Last edited by PoisonBill; 2011-07-30 at 20:09..
Old 2011-07-30, 20:06   #5
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
How the view distance can be 4km when max for bf2 engine is 3km?
VD might be 3kms actually looking at the screenshots. Can you find the source which says the max VD is 3kms?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 20:19   #6
Cptkanito

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBill View Post
Amazing! This will come very handy for a n00b like me, gj Rhino

Hmm, it crashed at 14% when I was starting it, ill try again..

Doesn't work for me
Same for me, CTD's at like 14%
Cptkanito is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 20:27   #7
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

rgr taking a look now, I must admit I didn't test the most recent version before uploading it, just dragged it out of the repo and uploaded it to the FTP

EDIT: ye looks like someone has screwed it up, I blame AncientMan as he was the last one to touch the map

Will fix it now.

EDIT: no it wasn't AM who broke it, it was Leusch trying to clean up some of the code the nub

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2011-07-30 at 20:41..
Old 2011-07-30, 20:52   #8
rampo

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 23:26   #9
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Fixed the problem and added back the download link, same file name as before just overwrite the old one and extract over the top of the old files if you downloaded the last one. Also added loading images to the map and fixed up the lighting a little

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 23:36   #10
Cptkanito

Thanks Rhino!
Cptkanito is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, airfield, map, released, test