project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
01 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2022-03-20, 18:50   #1
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default 2022 Community Update

Hello and welcome to this Community Update!

We are proud to say that Project Reality by now is probably one of the most content-rich tactical shooters ever made. Which honestly is not surprising, since we've had 17 years of time to do it.

On 70 unique maps, players can play with 27 different factions from various time periods featuring a myriad of vehicles and weapons. Did you know there are 107 unique aircraft and 166 different armoured vehicles, trucks and jeeps to play with? Infantry can choose from over 450 different weapons and items. This content is backed up by PR's unique game mechanics that have been continuously pushed further and further, the latest addition being fire control systems for our armoured vehicles and aircraft. And more is yet to come!

However, the richness and complexity of Project Reality is nothing without the players that have shaped our virtual battlefields for nearly 17 years and continue to do so: We mean the infantry-squads assaulting, flanking and defending objectives in gritty close-quarters, the asset players who man the fighting vehicles and tanks that can change the game. The pilots who fly transport helicopters or jets with lots of bombs and rockets. That one good guy who is always building FOBs and of course the insurgents who will try every trick in the book to ambush and disrupt their enemy.

Introduction to Project Reality for New Players

In this update we want to feature a new video tutorial that covers all the basics to get started with PR. We are very greatful to our community member Unicode for spending many hours in creating this great video tutorial and we encourage all new players to have a look at it to get started.

We have used this opportunity to also update the new player landing page to make it even more easy to get started and would like to link some resources that make PR even more accessible:

We say thank you to our player base, server providers and server admins, and we especially welcome the steady influx of new players that find out about Project Reality - you are what is keeping this game alive, so keep spreading the word!

---

Donation for those affected by war and conflict

Our playerbase and development teams consists of people from various backgrounds who come together to have a good time across borders, languages and cultures. Instead of the usual request for PR donations, we would like to ask you to consider a dontation to Doctors Without Borders by clicking the image below:

Medicins sans Frontieres is an international humanitarian medical non-governmental organisation (NGO) of French origin best known for its projects in conflict zones and in countries affected by endemic diseases. It is active in 70 countries, including Ukraine, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, Ethiopia and Somalia.

Thank you!

- The Project Reality Team

Last edited by Mineral; 2022-03-21 at 13:37..
Old 2022-03-20, 18:57   #2
VTRaptor
Default Re: 2022 Community Update

First. .
Old 2022-03-20, 19:30   #3
rogdozz

This game is incredible, and I have no doubt it will continue getting played for years to come. Thank you to all the devs for continuing to work on this, and thank you to all the pleasant members of this community who allow me to have great experiences in-game with their teamwork, tactics, ideas, humor and so on.

I'm putting a lot of hope on Unicode's video to bring even more players to the game (who hopefully will know how to correctly play the game). Remember guys, the Youtube algorithm favors videos that 1. get a lot of clicks in a short time, 2. get watched until the end, and 3. get a lot of likes. So I encourage everyone to do those three things so that Unicode's video gets more visibility and introduces more new players to the game.
Old 2022-03-20, 19:49   #4
Iguanadjy

The current world situation and Camo artistic touch on that AMAZING tribute plus a bit of luck and a crazy youtube algorithm just bring that video to 126K View guys! I mean it's almost twice as much as the most watched PR trailer ever! There's a spark there, high pop servers, 5 full right now as I'm speaking. PR WILL NEVER DIE!!!

Thanks DEV's, Thanks Gamers !
Old 2022-03-20, 20:55   #5
SShadowFox

When you think PR is about to die, it somehow manages to come back. While the 1.7 update was amazing and brought some very appreciated changes, I was underwhelmed by the number of players in game when that update dropped.

Since PR always used to get a boost from old players joining in to see the new changes, I was surprised that it didn't seem to happen this time around. I thought that PR was about to die at that point, older players had already finished moving on from it, and no new players would show up.

But I was pleasantly surprised with the influx of new players, hopefully the veterans will make them feel welcome in our community.

Camo's video really helped in bringing in these new players, it does really well at showcasing the many features that PR has. There's also a relatively minor Brazilian youtube channel that does PR, Squad and Arma content that made a video promoting the game, and that got over 30k views and now we got 2 Brazilian servers running with full players, which I haven't seen in years.

I'm looking forward to PR's future and the new features down the line, thank you to all current and former devs for the work you've put on in making PR what it is. I'm really proud of being here for 10 years, is it too much to ask for at least another 10 years?
Old 2022-03-20, 23:33   #6
John_PILOT1
Talking Re: 2022 Community Update

So much respect for this game and devs. This videos are amazing, its the 20th time i watch . I gonna beggins to squadlead, veterans must also do it to help the new bees. Hugs from Brazil
Old 2022-03-21, 12:39   #7
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Since PR always used to get a boost from old players joining in to see the new changes, I was surprised that it didn't seem to happen this time around. I thought that PR was about to die at that point, older players had already finished moving on from it, and no new players would show up.
Wait until the real war is over in Ukraine and you will see this hype be gone... Others war games also got bunch of new players...

Putin's dementia just gave PR another 2 years of life...

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Old 2022-03-21, 00:35   #8
PeppeJ

You should add a link to the new players post on the downloads page. It's not very easy to find right now
Old 2022-03-21, 13:38   #9
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppeJ View Post
You should add a link to the new players post on the downloads page. It's not very easy to find right now
Done! good idea.

Old 2022-03-21, 19:01   #10
Rotblut
Supporting Member

When i look into my Halite (torrent client) there are masses of people downloading PR. Congratz, well done!

Closed Thread