project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2024-05-08, 18:38   #1
Urishk
Lightbulb Any fps boost?

Hi, i downloaded Battlefield 2 some days ago, i have a i3 10110U, 8gb ram and no dedicated video card, only the UHD graphics. Bf2 runs pretty well, with a hight performance power plan without intel turbo boost (bc the cpu goes up to 90:/ ) goes up to 100fps with ALL settings to maximum.
I decided that i want a more technical game so i serached for some old game engine sims and i found PR, an original modification of the old engine of Battlefield2, i thought that it was gonna to run well, at least 60fps, but what i encountred is that with ALL settings to low the game runs at innestable 30 fps, i think that the problem are the maps are more recent and that causes the low fps. Its strange bc the game seems to be well optimized and the lighting, models and textures are not even from a 2010 game.
Also it seems to be rendering thinks that i dont see bc its impossible that maps with that models and textures run 30fps, when in bf2 with so much more quality textures and modeling(graphics in high) goes up to +100fps
Sorry for my bad english and if someone thinks that can help me, would be great
Also dont type the npc response saying that i have to buy a better laptop, there are people who can't afford it.
Urishk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 22:00   #2
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Any fps boost?

PR has completely different system requirements than BF2 and you don't think you meet these requirements:
https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en...html#systemreq

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 14:32   #3
Urishk

Oh, the web that i viewed the system requirements was https://www.realitymod.com/manual/es/set-up.html and in spanish, might is outdatet bc in the web says 2.4 Ghz Dual-Core minimum, 3gb ram, recomended 4gb and a minimum of 128mb vram
Urishk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 16:32   #4
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

The spanish version is indeed outdated

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-12, 00:19   #5
[R-COM]PvtNewb
Support Technician
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urishk View Post
without intel turbo boost (bc the cpu goes up to 90:/ )
This right here cripples your performance in PR quite a lot, you need just about all the turbo clocks since your CPU doesn't have the IPC to make up for the performance deficit when running on base freq, repaste your CPU with PTM7950 or Thermalright Heilos.

PvtNewb is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-12, 09:55   #6
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urishk View Post
Hi, i downloaded Battlefield 2 some days ago, i have a i3 10110U, 8gb ram and no dedicated video card, only the UHD graphics. Bf2 runs pretty well, with a hight performance power plan without intel turbo boost (bc the cpu goes up to 90:/ ) goes up to 100fps with ALL settings to maximum.
I decided that i want a more technical game so i serached for some old game engine sims and i found PR, an original modification of the old engine of Battlefield2, i thought that it was gonna to run well, at least 60fps, but what i encountred is that with ALL settings to low the game runs at innestable 30 fps, i think that the problem are the maps are more recent and that causes the low fps. Its strange bc the game seems to be well optimized and the lighting, models and textures are not even from a 2010 game.
Also it seems to be rendering thinks that i dont see bc its impossible that maps with that models and textures run 30fps, when in bf2 with so much more quality textures and modeling(graphics in high) goes up to +100fps
Sorry for my bad english and if someone thinks that can help me, would be great
Also dont type the npc response saying that i have to buy a better laptop, there are people who can't afford it.
Like others have said, Project Reality is completely different animal on hardware requirements. Main reasons are that vegetation and smoke are dense, there is lots of both, and it keeps player hidden even at long distances. Also view distances them selves are much longer than in original BF2. Scripted event handlers keep CPU busy while only using 1-2 threads to do all the computing. To get 100+ FPS you need a CPU with lots of MHz, frequency is more important than cores, and a decent GPU that supports Shader Model 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtNewb View Post
This right here cripples your performance in PR quite a lot, you need just about all the turbo clocks since your CPU doesn't have the IPC to make up for the performance deficit when running on base freq, repaste your CPU with PTM7950 or Thermalright Heilos.
Core i3-10110U is a mobile processor. Next to impossible to change the thermal paste. An aftermarket laptop cooler could help but not much and they cost money.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-24, 03:02   #7
[R-COM]PvtNewb
Support Technician
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_nade View Post
Core i3-10110U is a mobile processor. Next to impossible to change the thermal paste. An aftermarket laptop cooler could help but not much and they cost money.
It's not impossible, maybe a daunting task for a noob but it is certainly possible. There's no need for a custom cooler as well. I can vouch for the (sometimes insane) thermal efficiency of honeywell's phase change thermal paste/pad since they work extremely well for the kinds of mounting pressure on laptop coolers. They are very weak so a PCM pad is the best option, less chance of pumping out as the thermal cycles go on. Honeywell's PCM pads are only second best to liquid metal on laptops.

PvtNewb is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, graphics, lag, performance, textures