01 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Super Etendard Flight Animation Teaser
Posted in: Modeling
Posted 2017-11-14 at 21:22 by [R-DEV]Rhino

[CENTER][YOUTUBE]BaIOrH44P-U[/YOUTUBE]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaIOrH44P-U[/url][/CENTER]

Small Teaser Animation of the new ([URL="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/141778-wip-vehicle-super-etendard.html"]WIP[/URL]) Super Etendard for Project Reality: Falklands. All moving parts "should" work more or less the same ingame as they do in this video once the model is fully exported and coded :)

Model By [URL="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/95463.html"]anantdeathhawk[/URL] & [R-DEV]Rhino
Music By [URL="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/53541.html"]Submox[/URL] for Project Reality.
Updated 2017-11-14 at 22:16 by [R-DEV]Rhino
Views: 55932 | Comments: 20

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 20
  1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lugi View Comment
    Still doesn't make anyone want to play Falklands.
    Ye, total waste of work, guess I should just throw it all away as no one wants it
  2. Old Comment
    Rhino, I really appreciate all the work you have done and are doing. But it's the sad truth - Falklands just isn't really embraced by the community as we don't have strong SL's and leaders that impact the gameplay in a way that makes this map strategically and tactically enjoyable.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mouthpiece View Comment
    Rhino, I really appreciate all the work you have done and are doing. But it's the sad truth - Falklands just isn't really embraced by the community as we don't have strong SL's and leaders that impact the gameplay in a way that makes this map strategically and tactically enjoyable.
    Ye, there have been multiple topics about it and I'm well aware it is not everyone's cup of tea. But as I've said before there are lots I intend to improve on the main map as well as not to mention the other maps too.

This is also not forgetting with the addition of the Frigate, and all the other elements it will bring will add a totally new gameplay dimension to the mod/game that can't be found anywhere else (closest you will find to its gameplay will be BF1942 but still, far off being WW2 instead of '82 etc) and while the Infantry gameplay on the map will never be as good as you can find on other maps, this map isn't just about that, it is about the total combined arms of currently the jets and infantry, but in the future naval power too, all working togehter with hardly any armour etc, something that can't really be found on other maps.

So ye, while this map will probably never win over the die-hard infantry fans who only want CQB infantry vs infantry fighting and why they spend most of their time playing Fallujah, I do think that the majority of our playerbase will like the finished article of this map, even thou I never expect it to be played anything like as Muttrah or Fallujah.
  4. Old Comment
    Dont judge falklands on it's current state and gameplay.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lugi View Comment
    Still doesn't make anyone want to play Falklands.
    That wasn't the point. Btw. I do.

Nice Job Rhino.
  6. Old Comment
    I love watching this development. It's incredible that so much content comes from the community and get's brought up to quality through great supervision
    Posted 2017-11-19 at 04:37 by 3===SPECTER===3 3===SPECTER===3 is offline
  7. Old Comment
    cool . but why u work on stuff that no one see or need .
    in dog fight i can careless if enemys jet wings move .
    and as inf i cant see it anyway
    Posted 2017-11-22 at 12:07 by sunshine2241991 sunshine2241991 is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Comment
    cool . but why u work on stuff that no one see or need .
    in dog fight i can careless if enemys jet wings move .
    and as inf i cant see it anyway
    While yes, one could argue that having all these moving parts is pretty pointless, but if they where not there, your subconscious would scream something is wrong to you, even thou you may not consciously notice the flaps moving on a jet your pursuing as it turns ingame, if they didn't, you would notice and feel something was totally wrong, even if you couldn't consciously put a finger on it.

As for a gameplay POV, some of these moving parts are pretty critical to seeing what your enemy plane is up to, for example, the air brakes extending signals if tom cruise is trying his "super 1337 top gun tactics" on you and all the moving parts respond to what the player is doing and being able to read them can give you an edge in combat, or just help to see if the jet is coming in to land or w/e.

Making the whole flight animation and video was tbh the biggest waste of time if you are talking about actual productivity but I did that mainly for fun and to learn a bit more about animation in general. Although saying that did help a lot to code all the moving parts as was quicker to animate them in max then take all that data from the animation and port it into the code than doing trial and error coding to get all the moving parts to sync up etc. What would normally take a few days work to code all the landing gear code to sync up, only took a few hrs as a result of this work so overall, I probably didn't spend that much longer than I would have doing the old trial and error method of coding the landing gears etc and also you guys got a little teaser video out of it too so win win I would say
  9. Old Comment
    just came here to say how awesome dis shit looks!

also sick teaser, rhino!
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K4on View Comment
    just came here to say how awesome dis shit looks!

also sick teaser, rhino!
    Cheers, hopefully, we will soon have it all ingame for you to play with as I know your excited for all this new content and features