project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Outlawz7
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
A year in the SP bidnezz
Posted in: Other
Posted 2010-08-31 at 14:54 by [R-DEV]Outlawz7

As of 5 minutes ago I finally finished another map setup for PRSP and sent it into the oven where it will bake at 50% CPU usage over the next few days. :goodvibes

The setup was painstaking and I forgot when I last shut down my PC, a bunch of tests, making dummy statics to replace troubled objects and imports and crashing went on literally 24/7 the past week and I'm glad it's over, though I may be speaking too soon. I find anything that I work on likes to prove me wrong at least once during production.:tired:

This latest adventure and the fact I've been bumped to developer earlier this month (and also the fact that I don't have my own dev blog yet made me fell inadequate) got me slightly nostalgic, so I went back and found this from July last year.

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/privateLoL/screen252-1.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, that's my first SP supported map, Battle for Qinling.
That same layout is still in PR a year later which sounds cute, but I'd like to ruin the moment by telling you all that a full-sized SP support for the map was made and existed, but shipped itself with a load of issues that I had no experience with at the time and therefore it was never finished.

However not too long after that the 0.9 development cycle brought in new maps to deflower and I built up loads of experience with them and I laugh at myself now when I read the old Qinling development thread and see all the issues that frustrated me to no end, but can now solve them for laughs before moving onto more serious stuff. 8-)

I'll you leave with this screenshot of my work folder, I deleted maybe only one or two map directories ever since I started and a nice little family of 19 maps I created or finished off for someone else gathered there, though I must add in that almost all PR maps were done at least [B]twice[/B], as I said at start; anything that I work on likes to prove me wrong at least once during production.

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/privateLoL/workfolder.jpg[/IMG]

P.S. One of these is the one I'm working on right now, whoever guesses it gets a cookie. ;)
Views: 23191 | Comments: 43

Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 43
  1. Old Comment
    Fake and gay.
  2. Old Comment
    You might now have your special little Dev blog but you're still our little [R-Nub]

You're very devicated, GJ chap.
    Posted 2010-08-31 at 15:47 by Smegburt_funkledink Smegburt_funkledink is offline
  3. Old Comment
    My map "operation spark" is in there wooooo!! Gratz on a year of awesome work Outlawz!
  4. Old Comment
    F...F...Full Sized Qinling S...S...SinglePlayer?

And your working on CP_Abadan
  5. Old Comment
    CP Abadan for the PSC?
  6. Old Comment
    Candybay
  7. Old Comment
    op_ocean? I don't keep track of SP developments very closely.
  8. Old Comment
    Looking cool Outlawz

It's definitely not CP Abadan for the PSC, I think I'd know about it
  9. Old Comment
    Fallujah?Coop, my favourite coop map
  10. Old Comment
    fallujah? now that would be awesome..