project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Outlawz7
20 Oct 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry
A year in the SP bidnezz
Posted in: Other
Posted 2010-08-31 at 14:54 by [R-DEV]Outlawz7

As of 5 minutes ago I finally finished another map setup for PRSP and sent it into the oven where it will bake at 50% CPU usage over the next few days.

The setup was painstaking and I forgot when I last shut down my PC, a bunch of tests, making dummy statics to replace troubled objects and imports and crashing went on literally 24/7 the past week and I'm glad it's over, though I may be speaking too soon. I find anything that I work on likes to prove me wrong at least once during production.

This latest adventure and the fact I've been bumped to developer earlier this month (and also the fact that I don't have my own dev blog yet made me fell inadequate) got me slightly nostalgic, so I went back and found this from July last year.

Yeah, that's my first SP supported map, Battle for Qinling.
That same layout is still in PR a year later which sounds cute, but I'd like to ruin the moment by telling you all that a full-sized SP support for the map was made and existed, but shipped itself with a load of issues that I had no experience with at the time and therefore it was never finished.

However not too long after that the 0.9 development cycle brought in new maps to deflower and I built up loads of experience with them and I laugh at myself now when I read the old Qinling development thread and see all the issues that frustrated me to no end, but can now solve them for laughs before moving onto more serious stuff.

I'll you leave with this screenshot of my work folder, I deleted maybe only one or two map directories ever since I started and a nice little family of 19 maps I created or finished off for someone else gathered there, though I must add in that almost all PR maps were done at least twice, as I said at start; anything that I work on likes to prove me wrong at least once during production.

P.S. One of these is the one I'm working on right now, whoever guesses it gets a cookie.
Views: 12743 | Comments: 43

Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 43
  1. Old Comment
    Fake and gay.
  2. Old Comment
    You might now have your special little Dev blog but you're still our little [R-Nub]

You're very devicated, GJ chap.
    Posted 2010-08-31 at 15:47 by Smegburt_funkledink Smegburt_funkledink is offline
  3. Old Comment
    My map "operation spark" is in there wooooo!! Gratz on a year of awesome work Outlawz!
  4. Old Comment
    F...F...Full Sized Qinling S...S...SinglePlayer?

And your working on CP_Abadan
  5. Old Comment
    CP Abadan for the PSC?
  6. Old Comment
    Candybay
  7. Old Comment
    op_ocean? I don't keep track of SP developments very closely.
  8. Old Comment
    Looking cool Outlawz

It's definitely not CP Abadan for the PSC, I think I'd know about it
  9. Old Comment
    Fallujah?Coop, my favourite coop map
  10. Old Comment
    fallujah? now that would be awesome..