project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
23 Apr 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2022-12-28, 11:17   #21
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Outlawz7's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
To anyone curious - this small old bridge took 5 mine IEDs. Previously 2 mortar shell IEDs were enough to destroy it.
Mine IEDs never did damage to bridges and two mortar IED still work as they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
And this bridge on Grozny took 5 mortar shell ieds and 5 mine ieds (combined)
That is the 'concrete' bridge we made not destroyable. All other bridges are still destroyable.

Outlawz7 is offline
Old 2022-12-28, 23:23   #22
MetaFighter08

MetaFighter08's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

i don't know how's it happen with this new update made my game laggy when i throw smoke it goes 10 fps aiming someone with scope 20 looking at far distance 30 fps it was 100 fps all around
MetaFighter08 is offline
Old 2022-12-29, 09:38   #23
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

PR:BF2 v1.7.3.1 Changelog (2022/12/29)
-----------------------

SHADERS:
  • Optimized particle shaders.
  • Fixed black sky.


STATICS:
  • Fixed missing mipmaps on some leaf textures.


WEAPONS:
  • Fixed 40mm UGL having no arming distance.


VEHICLES:
  • Updated SdKfz 251C and M3A1 Halftrack to not require crewman as driver.


Levels:
  • Quan:
    • Disabled UAV.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline
Old 2022-12-29, 15:22   #24
lao
Unhappy Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
PR:BF2 v1.7.3.1 Changelog (2022/12/29)
-----------------------

SHADERS:[List][*]Optimized particle shaders.[*]Fixed black sky.
Thanks for such a quick fix. Sadly, it didn't help with the fps issues. Typical opinion exchange in the game now looks like this: (see attachment)
Me personally, I had consistent 15-30fps (where 30fps felt like 20 tops, btw) on Kunar, and 20-40 on Quan, it was also miserable on Grozny.
The "800x600 fps" solution is not for me, since I'm too used to play in FHD, or 1680x1050 at worst.
update: maps like Basra and Karbala run okay-ish.

Now, a big chunk of experienced PR players are low end PC users. The reasons vary, some don't want to invest any money into gaming, some are just content with what they have, etc.
Some of experienced players are actually playing PR because their hardware can't run Arma/Squad/Hell Let Loose.
Some will just stop gaming, some will upgrade their hardware, but these might have a hard time coming back to PR because it still has less advanced graphics than the aforementioned games, and also because of the considerably lower server population. So by forcing the players to upgrade their hardware we might eventually lose them as PR players.
I would even go out on a limb and say that we can't afford losing MetaFigher, bu3nt and SwitchBlade, since they do squadlead, and there were already too many hours a day when there are simply no infantry SLs, so even if we lose 1-2 SLs (which is sadly not the case considering the number of players affected) this can produce a snowball effect for obvious reasons.
We also have a stable influx of low end PC players coming to the game, this is fresh blood that PR desperately needs (ofc after filtering players that don't fit the meta), and this change is very detrimental to this process.

Having said that, I didn't even touch on the fact that a great number of PR players come from poorer countries like Brazil, Russia, etc.

I want to sincerely thank you for all the effort you put in, and express hopes that the performance issues will be alleviated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hotfix_opinions.jpg (68.4 KB, 26 views)
lao is offline
Last edited by lao; 2022-12-29 at 19:51..
Old 2022-12-30, 00:23   #25
TheMerchantOfMenace
Supporting Member

TheMerchantOfMenace's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
Thanks for such a quick fix. Sadly, it didn't help with the fps issues. Typical opinion exchange in the game now looks like this: (see attachment)
Me personally, I had consistent 15-30fps (where 30fps felt like 20 tops, btw) on Kunar, and 20-40 on Quan, it was also miserable on Grozny.
The "800x600 fps" solution is not for me, since I'm too used to play in FHD, or 1680x1050 at worst.
update: maps like Basra and Karbala run okay-ish.

Now, a big chunk of experienced PR players are low end PC users. The reasons vary, some don't want to invest any money into gaming, some are just content with what they have, etc.
Some of experienced players are actually playing PR because their hardware can't run Arma/Squad/Hell Let Loose.
Some will just stop gaming, some will upgrade their hardware, but these might have a hard time coming back to PR because it still has less advanced graphics than the aforementioned games, and also because of the considerably lower server population. So by forcing the players to upgrade their hardware we might eventually lose them as PR players.
I would even go out on a limb and say that we can't afford losing MetaFigher, bu3nt and SwitchBlade, since they do squadlead, and there were already too many hours a day when there are simply no infantry SLs, so even if we lose 1-2 SLs (which is sadly not the case considering the number of players affected) this can produce a snowball effect for obvious reasons.
We also have a stable influx of low end PC players coming to the game, this is fresh blood that PR desperately needs (ofc after filtering players that don't fit the meta), and this change is very detrimental to this process.

Having said that, I didn't even touch on the fact that a great number of PR players come from poorer countries like Brazil, Russia, etc.

I want to sincerely thank you for all the effort you put in, and express hopes that the performance issues will be alleviated.

That's it lao, my computer runs very fast, it's and old Sabertooth Z77 MB with 2600K 3.4GHz non-overclocked CPU, vid card is only a GTX 970, but my system is fast as a desktop, and with PR I usually get over 100fps on PR, so this system does everything I need.

Why would I need to upgrade it? I already have a solid motherboard that performs flawlessly, my 1200 Watt power supply never falters, the only thing is that I might gain a few seconds loading PR maps if I upgraded to m.2 SSDs instead of my Samsung Pros. Not much of a gain for the extra thousand+ dollars.

I was at Canada Computers recently and someone was showing me some new game, I forget the title, but was showing me how you could see the sweat on the game characters, and fine details of their outfits, etc. Who the f*ck cares about that? Gameplay is what matters, the community of players is what really matters, these newfangled games get boring very fast, and you don't have interactions with excellent community members like PR has.

There is currently no game out there, none at all (that I'm aware of) that can compete with the PR gameplay and community.

If or when that changes, if some other game offers everything we have here, and I need to upgrade to join, then I will look into it, and upgrade if justified, but for now, I've not seen anywhere any reason to play any other game, and so no upgrade is needed.
TheMerchantOfMenace is offline
Old 2022-12-30, 08:18   #26
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

We are aware of the performance issues for some users and are working on it. The hotfix was mainly aimed at fixing the missing sky rendering bug and particles optimization was first low hanging fruit to include. Currently we are looking at further optimizations of other shaders as well as the possibility to bring back the default Z-Depth for ultra-low settings.
In the meantime reducing resolution and/or viewdistance scale should yield the biggest performance gain. We know this is unsatisfying and not a real solution, but it should only be needed temporarily. The next hotfix will focus on performance improvements.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline
Old 2022-12-31, 21:49   #27
Grump/Gump.45
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
General:[List][*]Updated default FPS lock to 200.
Now my laptop runs way too hot and IEDs make game stutter way too much. How do I change the FPS setting?
Grump/Gump.45 is offline
Old 2022-12-31, 21:52   #28
Grump/Gump.45
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
It feels like I'm getting substantially less FPS after the update.
Like 30% less FPS, but I'm not entirely certain, maybe it's just the feeling.
GPU is gt430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoPiernas View Post
The game started running horribly after the update, could it be because of the updated shaders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by papadanku View Post
Hi,

The lag in those situations is due to log-depth being calculated per-pixel on particles. To fix this issue, we calculate log-depth differently for particles. Keep an eye out for the hotfix.

Best regards,

papa
As soon as I get on the server, my lap top gets really hot in 60 seconds, the IEDs make it stutter, so does gun fire. Its the 200 FPS causing this, not everyone computer can handle this FPS, I set mine to 30 or 60 FPS on other games.

edit: Its not too bad, but laptop still very hot.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-12-31 at 23:45..
Old 2023-01-01, 08:33   #29
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Hokunin's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Its the 200 FPS causing this.
You can limit your max FPS globally on the graphics card 3d settings. You can do that for sure on Nvidia GPUs anyway.

Hokunin is offline
Old 2023-01-01, 10:06   #30
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Now my laptop runs way too hot and IEDs make game stutter way too much. How do I change the FPS setting?
open the console by pressing ^[grave]
press delete once to erase "^"
write "game.lockfps 60"

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17.