project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2023-09-16, 10:56   #1
Alpha_TN
Exclamation Bad FPS

PC Components:
CPU: i5-11320H 3.20GHz w/Intel Iris Xe Graphics
RAM: 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: RTX 3050Ti 8GB Laptop GPU
Drivers: All Up To Date

every single games runs at its supposed FPS except for PR not exceeding 20FPS, when in vehicles +using thermals, can even go as low as 10FPS

Please Help.
Last edited by Arab; 2023-09-19 at 14:14.. Reason: Removed email and phone number to prevent spam
Old 2023-09-19, 14:15   #2
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Bad FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_TN View Post
PC Components:
CPU: i5-11320H 3.20GHz w/Intel Iris Xe Graphics
RAM: 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: RTX 3050Ti 8GB Laptop GPU
Drivers: All Up To Date

every single games runs at its supposed FPS except for PR not exceeding 20FPS, when in vehicles +using thermals, can even go as low as 10FPS

Please Help.
Have you tried making sure PR is running on the RTX 3050Ti and not the integrated GPU?

I also removed the email and phone number just for privacy reasons.

Old 2023-09-19, 19:44   #3
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Have you tried making sure PR is running on the RTX 3050Ti and not the integrated GPU?
^ that's most likely the issue. Make sure power settings are set to max performance in Windows.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Old 2023-10-06, 14:17   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Quick history of PR on its FPS. I have played on $200 laptops and $700 laptops. Please bring back PERF beta, as of 1.7 its messing with the FPS, the graphics updates. This game should be accessible and play well as it was in March 2016 when I first played.

Since 1.7 graphics updates turning on the recorder has lowered my FPS even on my $700 laptop so much I don't like using it, so many kills playing dead and other shenanigans un-recorded.

Ill add we have had 0 connection issues over the last 8 months to a year or more as of October 6th 2023.

Lets focus on the lowest price HP laptops with Key Number pads.

I played on $200 laptops for 4 years including the PERF BETA. Back on $200 laptops now since September till Black Friday deals. $700 crapped the bed on me after 2 years.

1.39 March 2016 I start playing, its 100% smooth, only a few connection issues

1.4-1.5 PERF Beta came along there sometime, increased smoothness. The highest number of kills I ever got, it played like an FPS for me

1.6-1.7 I can't remember but we had connection issues plaguing everyone including me at 10 ping on HOG, of course more periods of months or years of on off connection issues. (NO CONNECTION ISSUES FOR THE LAST 8+ months)

1.7 We start getting different shaders, graphics things and I start getting FPS issues on $200 laptops and $700 laptops, War of Rights plays smoother on my $700. Smoke used to never cause an issue, I would lay next to ammo and throw them everywhere, now it does cause issues. Obviously worse on $200 laptops.

It appears my bad laptop plays in my favor now though, because how it makes me slow. I have accidentally alt tabbed from this annoy button on my mouse while being shot at, came back and had enough time to dodge.

Another time recently WN73 Omaha trench, we had to clear the T section of the trench, I ran, stopped, looked left into un-cleared trench corridor, threw a grenade, kept running. Super slow motion, the dude missed.

Bring back PERF BETA please, or allow its activation. Can I use it online or does it have to be through you guys?
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-10-06 at 14:26..
Old 2023-10-06, 16:30   #5
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Quick history of PR on its FPS. I have played on $200 laptops and $700 laptops. Please bring back PERF beta, as of 1.7 its messing with the FPS, the graphics updates. This game should be accessible and play well as it was in March 2016 when I first played.

Since 1.7 graphics updates turning on the recorder has lowered my FPS even on my $700 laptop so much I don't like using it, so many kills playing dead and other shenanigans un-recorded.

Ill add we have had 0 connection issues over the last 8 months to a year or more as of October 6th 2023.

I played on $200 laptops for 4 years including the PERF BETA. Back on $200 laptops now since September till Black Friday deals. $700 crapped the bed on me after 2 years.

1.4-1.5 PERF Beta came along there sometime, increased smoothness. The highest number of kills I ever got, it played like an FPS for me

1.6-1.7 I can't remember but we had connection issues plaguing everyone including me at 10 ping on HOG, of course more periods of months or years of on off connection issues. (NO CONNECTION ISSUES FOR THE LAST 8+ months)

1.7 We start getting different shaders, graphics things and I start getting FPS issues on $200 laptops and $700 laptops, War of Rights plays smoother on my $700. Smoke used to never cause an issue, I would lay next to ammo and throw them everywhere, now it does cause issues. Obviously worse on $200 laptops.

It appears my bad laptop plays in my favor now though, because how it makes me slow. I have accidentally alt tabbed from this annoy button on my mouse while being shot at, came back and had enough time to dodge.

Another time recently WN73 Omaha trench, we had to clear the T section of the trench, I ran, stopped, looked left into un-cleared trench corridor, threw a grenade, kept running. Super slow motion, the dude missed.

Bring back PERF BETA please, or allow its activation. Can I use it online or does it have to be through you guys?
I thought I had too much time on my hands, but dayum... You need a hobby!! This is a technical support thread asking for help, where we try to supply solutions or troubleshooting steps - not the place for some bullet point history of your time and experiences with PR.

Old 2023-10-06, 18:17   #6
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post

Please create your own thread if you want to discuss your issues.

You may also want to have a look at https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...41#post2218741

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Closed Thread

Tags
#fps