Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Jafar Ironclad
01 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
"Motherland's Shield"
Posted in: Audio
Posted 2014-03-17 at 02:42 by [R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad

Hello everyone!

I hope you guys are enjoying the new PR:BF2 update. We've all had a very busy winter here in the team, and all wish we could have gotten this update to you sooner, but reality often overrides wishes.

In any case, it's been a while since I've posted something here, so here I am. A fair few composers contributed music to the overall soundtrack, and I'm happy to count myself among them. Scott Tobin, the lead composer, has the core PR:BF2 OST on sale [URL="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/18859/b393-project-reality-original-soundtrack-v1-0-released.html"]here[/URL] if you haven't already acquired it, but I figured I would link my own contributions as well in case you guys enjoy them and wish to readily acquire them.

The Khamisiyah loading track is [URL="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/26869/b352-crusade-steel.html"]Crusade of Steel[/URL], which I have previously posted about this time last year. The other new track I wrote for PR:BF2 1.0 is "Motherland's Shield", which was designed for use on Russian scenarios and currently features on Pavlovsk Bay and Kozelsk, and will hopefully appear on a to-be-released map as well; one of [R-DEV]Hans Martin Slayer's machinations.

You can grab Motherland's Shield [URL="https://soundcloud.com/ironclad_music/motherlandshield"]here[/URL]. Enjoy!

Externally, I'm hard at work on the music for multiple game projects, including the commercial spiritual successor to another popular Battlefield mod dynasty. Hopefully I can unveil more on that soon. In the meantime, pirates.

EDIT: The lyrics used in the piece:
Bud' vsegda besstrashnym vlasten ikh zakal
roughly translates: be as the tempered steel.. always be fearless

I can't speak a word of Russian, so apologies if I butchered the phonetics and/or translation.
Updated 2014-03-17 at 12:35 by [R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
Views: 26187 | Comments: 6

« Previous Entry  |  Main

Comments
Total Comments: 6
  1. Old Comment
    Finally, I love this song.
  2. Old Comment
    I hope your talking about Ulyanovsk, that map looks awesome.
  3. Old Comment
    Power and dread all mixed into one song
  4. Old Comment
    Other project. Eve of Destruction ? Do I get a prize ?
    Posted 2014-03-17 at 11:34 by Michael Z Freeman Michael Z Freeman is offline
  5. Old Comment
    wow that was , uhm , amazing ?!
    good soundtrack ,looking forward for more .
  6. Old Comment
    Why I have to click "More..." in order to see the blog?
    Why don't just make it visible right away?
    I can't get my mind around why it has to be done this way?

And who ever did the guitar tunes in PR really needs to learn how to play and tune his guitar.
    Also the tone of the distortion is just ridiculous fuzz. Other than that, good job.