project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rabbit
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Omaha Tips
Posted in: Other
Posted 2014-12-26 at 16:16 by Rabbit

I feel that both sides should be aware of several tips/ facts about Omaha beach from a game play standpoint that can really turn the tide of battle for either side.

Germans!
You do not need to be shooting at the enemy on the beach to be causing damage to them. Logistics in this battle will be key to keeping them on the beach. Spend your time rearming the emplaced guns and mortars. Everyone will burn through ammo quickly, so supplying the MG's and emplaced weapons is key. Another note regarding mortars, there are no mortars built off a fob for you! You already have them, so keep them running!

As you can see the PAKs only have 5 and 5, not mag linked, this ammo will go fast and must be reloaded with ammo bags.

Use the Tobruk Bunkers! All you need to do is duck down and you have the greatest cover that can even withstand an area attack, while these do silhouette a bit they will keep you safer than shooting from the trenches.

Americans!
Be sure to find cover as you advance up the beach and remember the beach must be captured first! Suppression works against the Germans too, dont forget to lay down heavy suppression on the bluffs!

Armor! In this day or days do not forget smoke can be just as powerful as HE rounds, blocking the line of sight from bunkers can help keep the infantry alive and moving!

Do not forget to follow the blue arrows, they will show you the holes in the defenses that you can move through to navigate through the beach!

Commander!
You will have an area attack available every 10 minutes be sure to coordinate an attack with it to take out key areas to allow a better advance for infantry and armor, they will need you more than ever!
Views: 16640 | Comments: 7

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 7
  1. Old Comment
    amazing
    hopes everyone reads this; should be linked to the launcher
  2. Old Comment
    When will we be able to play this again?
  3. Old Comment
    Today678
  4. Old Comment
    good advice!
  5. Old Comment
    I can honestly say that this is one of the best times I had in PR in a while. Good work devs!
  6. Old Comment
    Where is the bagpipe? (or i think, to my unhappiness, the question should be: is there still a bagpipe? )
  7. Old Comment
    It's one of the kits you can spawn so i guess its somewhere.