Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Chuc
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Some (more!) 1.0 weapon updates
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2012-09-24 at 15:55 by Chuc

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kPrIG.jpg[/IMG]

It's been at least 2 months since my last highly verbose update so I thought it'd be high time to let off a bit of steam and let people in on a few things that have been happening, particularly since the encrypted beta changelog release.

Going from top to bottom again, we have the French forces, which are coming along nicely. Their mainstay rifle, the FA-MAS F1 comes in a number of different sight configurations: Iron Sights. J4 Optics, CompM2 Aimpoint CCO and Eotech 552 CCO options. Its high rate of fire combined with its bullpup configuration allow for a very compact and powerful package, similar to that of the TAR-21 in ingame terms.

The rifle also has the capability to fire special rifle grenades, that come in fragmentation (pictured), anti-tank and smoke dispersal forms. This system will be a welcome change to the standard under-barrel grenade launchers other factions use, and allow for the French grenadiers to engage all kinds of threats under their own terms.

The French utilise the Minimi as their mainstay light machine gun, and in-game will be fitted with a J4 Scope or an Eotech 552 CCO. Interestingly the J4 scope is mounted on a mount cantilevered out to the side, allowing for full use of the original iron sights (in in-game terms, as 'Backup Iron Sights').

Next is the newly adopted HK417 with J8 scope, acting as the French Designated Marksman Rifle. With its 20 round magazine and firing the formidable 7.62x51 NATO round, it can hold its own against other rifles in its class.

Lastly is not related to the French, but news about a recent development with our developer friends over at Forgotten Hope 2, we've decided to trade usage rights of the No. 4 rifle with the SMLE MKIII* pictured above. Reasons being that it is by opinion of the team a higher quality asset, and (in the case of the sniper variant) can allow for the use of the iron sights even with a scope mounted. The Enfield will remain in common use with the Taliban faction, despite us implementing the Mosin Nagant series. In fact as BLUFOR, you might be running into both of these ancient yet powerful workhorses at the same time.

Hope everyone enjoyed this mini-update, stay tuned as video and other promo material filters through from our beta testing.
Views: 62916 | Comments: 44

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 44
  1. Old Comment
    First! Ha, I beat the DEVS who usually do it.
  2. Old Comment
    Whoop whoop!
  3. Old Comment
    Everything looks awesome! the HK417 looks amazing! Great work!
  4. Old Comment
    So cool! Now we can surrender with style!
  5. Old Comment
    Looking real good chuc
  6. Old Comment
    Moar collaboration with FH2 is always good news
    Posted 2012-09-24 at 16:36 by UKrealplayER666 UKrealplayER666 is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Well I can say that long waiting is going to be payed well
    This looks very . . . Awesome.
    But I must ask.will my beloved AU and ARF be in 1.0 ?
  8. Old Comment
    me gusta
  9. Old Comment
    yesyesyesyesyesyes finaly a game with a proper famas
  10. Old Comment
    Chuc, your updates always induce sweet aniticipation, may I ask what has been traded to the fh2 devteam (as trading usually works both ways ) ?