project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Jaymz
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Good news everyone! (X2)
Posted in: Coding
Posted 2010-01-21 at 08:15 by Jaymz

[B][SIZE=5][IMG]http://www.geekstir.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/goodneweveryone.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=5]Part 1 : The "D" word........[/SIZE][/B]

Apart from the previously mentioned "prone spam" fix, this is the only deviation change made for 0.9 that applies to [B]all[/B] weapons.

[QUOTE]WEAPONS: Deviation on ALL hand held weapons modified. Full settle time for ANY weapon is not required unless you've been on the move for 5 seconds. This works linearly, so if you've been on the move for 1 second, you'll only require 1/5th of the settle time, for 2 seconds, 2/5ths etc. (jaymz) 11388[/QUOTE]

It's safe to say that basic deviation in 0.9 will function just like it does in 0.87 but with two major improvements,
[LIST=1][*]Instaproning will be completely useless [I](unlike previously where hitting "z" and spraying would win every CQB engagement)[/I][*]You will be able to make minor "wasd" corrections with almost [B]no[/B] accuracy loss [I](unlike previously where just tapping any movement key reset all deviation to minimal accuracy)[/I][/LIST]No, we don't have leaning, sway, weapon collision or any of several features that can properly simulate weaponry handling in the FPS realm. But what we [B]do[/B] have in place for 0.9 is a system that's far superior than what we're used to and will, dare I say, [B]greatly[/B] improve both CQB and medium/long range firefights! :mrgreen:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...and so concludes the first bit of good news....

[B][SIZE=5]Part 2 : Why do I hear Hueys everywhere!!! Oh god!!!! Wait, what? I can't hear you, it sounds like there's a Huey inside my brain![/SIZE][/B]

You all know what I'm talking about. You're on Jabal, or Barracuda, or Ramiel......and the invisible helicopters of doom are everywhere. Well, fear no more! Because thanks to hours of brainstorming, Ancientman's Aussie intuition (which before this I never believed in), db's magical scriptorium of wonders and my......something! 0.9 will be sound bug free!

Disclaimer : We haven't fully tested the sound bug fix, but we're pretty sure it works..... [SIZE=1][I]<- famous last words [/I][/SIZE]

...and so concludes part 2....

So.......I leave you all with comedian Bill Bailey on "Starsky & Hutch Music" : [URL="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/746338/comedian_bill_bailey_starsky_hutch_music/"]Comedian Bill Bailey - Starsky & Hutch Music - Video[/URL]
Updated 2010-01-22 at 05:21 by Chuc
Views: 41813 | Comments: 42

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 42
  1. Old Comment
    "but we're pretty it works"
    You're pretty? Well... I guess .

Great job nonetheless .
  2. Old Comment
    No more sound bug aye? Too good to be true me thinks
  3. Old Comment
    No more overly harsh deviation (Within reason), no more soundbug AND Bill Bailey.

Epic. Win.
  4. Old Comment
    CQB, we are together again
    i hope ))
  5. Old Comment
    "I'm pretty, it works."

awesome
  6. Old Comment
    Good , thank you for this.
    Posted 2010-01-21 at 09:29 by psychickactivity psychickactivity is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Amazing news
  8. Old Comment
    THANK YOU GOD! This deviation change is so brilliant I love you. This is worthy of a realease in its own.
  9. Old Comment
    Yay for sound bug fix. It should work, I mean, it worked when I tested it . No, it works, it has to work, if it doesn't work, no... It'll work. IT WORKS!
  10. Old Comment
    Maybe we will eventually see a Chinook or Lynx on Al Basrah again then?