project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Jaymz
27 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
1.5 prone deviation....
Posted in: Coding
Posted 2009-09-05 at 04:02 by Jaymz

After [R-CON]nedlands1 suggested to the team that the new 1.5 prone deviation may use the same value modifier it does in BF2142, I downloaded 1.5 to test it out.

Turns out that's exactly what they've done and that's good news for us PR chaps......[B]very[/B] good news. To simplify it for everyone, many of you probably know that BF2 has always had a deviation penalty for jumping. In PR, we made it more severe than it is in vBF2 (obviously). In the new 1.5 patch, Dice made the same "jumping deviation" modifier apply when you go prone.

The bottom line is, you can expect prone diving to be much less effective in 0.87.

For the release following 0.87, I'll be looking into completely eradicating the prone dive tactic.....

[IMG]http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/kim%20jong%20il%20twn.jpg[/IMG]
Views: 37576 | Comments: 27

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 27
  1. Old Comment
    You make me wanna cry in happyness. No more prone diving. Yay!
  2. Old Comment
    Thats great !!! But, tell us, what about the standing position deviation, will it be reduced a bit, at least ?
  3. Old Comment
    Prone Divers will be lonely.. So lonely.

-REad
  4. Old Comment
    fingers crossed this works, as I've been the recipient of many prone dives today, all of which were sucessful in killing me. Prone diving lives! (unfortunatly)
  5. Old Comment
    I'm somewhat confused. Was there no prone deviation in PR before the BF2 1.5 patch? And I'm hearing the BF2142 prone deviation is hard-coded into BF2, so how are you planning to make it deviate more or eradicate the problem?
  6. Old Comment
    I will literally send you a box of cookies if you can pull this off.
  7. Old Comment
    I have a question. I played FH 2.2 today and I took a rifle with scope. For my suprise, there was weapon sway. The question is following: can we implement weapon sway in PR to all guns? Thank you.
  8. Old Comment
    Its only graphical sway...no physical gun movement...how many times must we tell that...
  9. Old Comment
    Maybe I hear it for the first time...? I kinda felt that it was "real" sway.
  10. Old Comment
    Will be happy to see prone diving gone, but will it also be possible to add a penalty to standing up as well. Of late I have been encountering people who are essentially exploiting the fact there is no penalty from that change, popping up from behind cover and instanly being able to fire an accurate shot. Even the slightest amount of latency means you are dead the moment you see them pop up from behind the cover if they are a good shot.