project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-05-12, 15:57   #1
Fearosius

Exclamation "Stealing" other team's Limited Kits

It has come to my attention that after a person dies with his beloved M14/M249, it usually gets "stolen" away from him from the other team. To stop this, just code the game engine so limited kits can not be picked up by the opposite team. This would prevent one team having all 4 DMRs or 6 LMGs, therefore balancing out gameplay.

- Post your thoughts
Fearosius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:02   #2
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

And whats wrong with that?

I rather see, that once the noobs have brought the M95 and M24 literally on the enemies doorstep, their team cannot request any more snipers or pick them up, untill the guy, that has the kit, dies and the kit disappears, if no one picks it up...

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:04   #3
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

I recently got my hands on an M95 while playing as an insurgent...damn, that was fun! I had to rush from where I got it to an apartment building on the other side to get a good firing position, with the risk of being killed on the way there and everything...it was awesome!
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:04   #4
Fearosius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
And whats wrong with that?

I rather see, that once the noobs have brought the M95 and M24 literally on the enemies doorstep, their team cannot request any more snipers or pick them up, untill the guy, that has the kit, dies and the kit disappears, if no one picks it up...
Yeh. but what are the chances of lets say a PLA guy dumping is QBZ for a M14..? Pretty High, eh?
Fearosius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:06   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Well, I usually never play with the weapon, Ive been given

Old 2007-05-12, 16:06   #6
[:NET:]Boondock Saint

Don't think it is a good idea. As far as realism goes, it is not uncommon for someone, whether it be friend or foe, to pick up a fallen soldiers weapon and use it. If nothing else pick it up so it can't be used against you. It does suck that it counts against your teams kit selections, but one might say you should be more careful with your teams limited kits. If my buddy with the SAW or M14 goes down, it would be a good idea that I pick it up so the enemy cannot use it.
[:NET:]Boondock Saint is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:09   #7
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Well, a good idea would be, that if the enemy died due M203/GP30 grenade, tank shell, jet cannons...you couldnt pick his kit up, since the gun would be devastated along with its owner...

So if someone died without revive option, his kit wouldnt appear...altough this excludes the Insurgent faction.

Old 2007-05-12, 16:18   #8
Gyberg

wtf.... if you are giving your kits away to the enemies you and your team should be punished, it's fine the way it is now!
Gyberg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:23   #9
zeidmaan

Yeah I hate that as well.
Ejod starts, 2 MEC guys take heavy AT grab a truck and go shoot rockets at gas station. This happens very often. They get few kills and than get killed and loose both HATs. Now the USMC team has 4 HATs and MECs armor is fooked.
Also it sucks when one team has 7-8 snipers. I don't have fun than
zeidmaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 17:07   #10
Army Musician

Well Iran have done it, stolen British Property
Army Musician is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kits, limited, stealing, team