project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
KaizerSosa81

Default Rampant idiocy surge in the past couple days

Basically what the topic reads...

I know I'm pretty new to PR but the last couple of days have been awful...

Situational awareness is almost nil, people react too slow to combat scenarios and there is no tactical approach whatsoever. Fine, I can just chalk that up to people who might be new themselves or just not good players.

Yet there has been a slew of asshattery going on in the past couple of days where I seriously can't get one good game in. This isn't server specific either. I've been on most of the team work orientated servers and it's the same thing (TG, MERK, NWA).

Why? I understand one or two dumbasses joining a game but my recent PR outings have been tainted with just rampant idiocy. TK'ers, Squad members who refuse orders or generally screw up purposely, shooting in main and at friendly vehicles, horse playing, stealing kits, 6-7 squads locked with minimal members and achieving nothing, people (especially SL's) leaving squads to make new squads just so they can do it once again 10 minutes later.

It just gotten so bad that the once cherished moments I have when the wife is gone and I get to put on my PR boots - it's like stepping in a day care center for special children with guns.

Do I have to join a clan just to experience PR the way it's meant to be? Ugh.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Brainlaag

Default Re: Rampant idiocy surge in the past couple days

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizerSosa81 View Post
Basically what the topic reads...

I know I'm pretty new to PR but the last couple of days have been awful...

Situational awareness is almost nil, people react too slow to combat scenarios and there is no tactical approach whatsoever. Fine, I can just chalk that up to people who might be new themselves or just not good players.

Yet there has been a slew of asshattery going on in the past couple of days where I seriously can't get one good game in. This isn't server specific either. I've been on most of the team work orientated servers and it's the same thing (TG, MERK, NWA).

Why? I understand one or two dumbasses joining a game but my recent PR outings have been tainted with just rampant idiocy. TK'ers, Squad members who refuse orders or generally screw up purposely, shooting in main and at friendly vehicles, horse playing, stealing kits, 6-7 squads locked with minimal members and achieving nothing, people (especially SL's) leaving squads to make new squads just so they can do it once again 10 minutes later.

It just gotten so bad that the once cherished moments I have when the wife is gone and I get to put on my PR boots - it's like stepping in a day care center for special children with guns.

No, just join the right servers.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
No, just join the right servers.
Really? Suggestions please, would love to see them besides snark remarks.

I play on a wide variety of servers that are deemed "good servers" within the community and certainly more than I exampled above in my OP.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
ankyle62

Come play tomorrow on TG, PW nights always produce good games
July 10 Password Night
Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Menigmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizerSosa81 View Post

You hit the nail on the head with that run down - I felt the same 8 out of 10 rounds I played. Most of the playtime has been pretty awful, but the good rounds I had just hooked me - when PR is good, it's really good, better than any other online game I ever played.

But that said, I'm often wondering if the people I play with are drunk, stupid, on drugs, or all of the above.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menigmand View Post
when PR is good, it's really good, better than any other online game I ever played.

But that said, I'm often wondering if the people I play with are drunk, stupid, on drugs, or all of the above.

I agree... this is the only game I care for besides Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour. It's funny you mention drunk because last night being Friday night I figured most of these guys were drunk anyway lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankyle62 View Post
Come play tomorrow on TG, PW nights always produce good games
July 10 Password Night

Thanks. I will definitely check that out.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menigmand View Post
I play best when drunk

seriously, I do

Old 07-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
I play best when drunk

seriously, I do
lol Nothing is wrong with playing drunk... I'd play drunk if given the chance. At least your team focused whether drunk or sober. It's all in good fun.

It's just the other types that have been ruining the game for me, I had to rant and get it off my chest. So I decided why not on the forums to the PR community.

I did just have a great game on the TAR server though.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Viper5

Quote:
I play best when drunk

seriously, I do
Confirmed.

"Alright mates, fix bayonets, that T-shape isn't taking itself now, is it?!"
Old 07-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #10
Dev1200

Quote:
I play best when drunk

seriously, I do

Joining a clan (especially an actual decent one, not 1337 milsim clan is best imo) is probably your best bet.

That way, you find a concentrated source of people that want what you want.

Closed Thread

Tags
couple, days, idiocy, past, rampant, surge