project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Map Audit Project: Boosted Player Count (BPC) Layers

(Foreword: I'm not sure what forum would be appropriate for this, so I understand if it needs to be moved. Appreciated!)

Hey all!

Now that I'm clear of college for the summer (well, as of a month ago, but I've been busy doing a mental vacation), I'm going to be dipping my feet into some modding for the community.

One of the elements we haven't had a big opportunity to examine in the 128 player (and more) server tests is how to rebalance vehicle assets with the increase in players. Given the event nature the tests have taken recently, I feel it would be fun (pending necessary permissions from the team) to experiment with altered GPO's during some of the tests.

This thread will be where I post my ideas (as well as those of the community) for modified GPO's of existing PR maps for the purposes of testing in event fashion on SISU.

The first idea I'm toying with is Operation Barracuda:

USMC- All assets spawn on 10 minute timer, not available at start of round (consequently, will spawn 5 minutes after round start).
-8 AAVP's
-6 Huey Transports (1 is on a 7 minute timer, I.E. spawns 2 minutes into the round)
-2 Cobras
(AT FIRST CONTROL POINT):
-1 Logi Truck (5 minute timer, available on cap)
-1 M1 tank (20 minute timer, not available immediately)

PLA- All assets spawn on 10 minute timer, not available at start of round; unless otherwise noted. (consequently, will spawn 5 minutes after round start).
NO BEGINNING SPAWN POINTS FOR PLA besides their main base.
-2 Transport trucks (5 minute timer, spawns at start)
-4 Heavy APC's
-2 50 cal APC's
-4 VN-3's
-1 Anti-aircraft vehicle (20 minute timer)
-4 Logi trucks

The 10 minute warm-up time allows both sides to complete their planning and execute their offensive/defensive deployment at approximately the same time. Early (LIGHT) transport for the USMC allows them to get a recon element on land before the main invasion force. Early light transport for the PLA allows them to get early manpower to the beaches most likely to be attacked based on the flag layout. This layout is designed to simulate a short-notice amphibious assault.

More to come. Comments? Ideas?

[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Brainlaag

Default Re: Map Audit Project: Boosted Player Count (BPC) Layers

IMO the asset count itself shouldn't be increased radically.
Taking Op. Barracuda as example:
On the normal 64 layout there are 2 CAS Hueys, 3 Trans Hueys and 2 AAVPs. Taken all my rounds played on Sisu into consideration, even doubling the amount of armor is impracticable, not to talk about 8 AAVPs. Adding heavy armor like an M1 could dangerously tip the balance of the map towards the USMC faction, so you/we have to think a bit more about it.

As seen during many rounds armor, or overall all assets (especially those bloody flying tanks) rule the battlefield. Infantry has few to no defense against them as the AT weaponry is very limited. Basically armor dies always at the same ration, they just have much more stuff to shoot at. The biggest issue on the Sisu server right now is the lack of light transport (Humvees, M35s, Helicpoters of all kind, ...).

Otherwise most of the gameplay is for me more than balanced. If you are careful you can survive very long in tanks and on the other hand get anally raped if you don't behave in a proper manner. Same goes for the infantry.
Last edited by Brainlaag; 06-16-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
BrownBadger

If we want to increase vehicle count at all for the SISU server, it should be very slightly. There should be a lot of infantry. For example Beirut already has six (!) transport helicopters which is madness, even for the 128 server, while other maps have one or two which could be raised to three. I think the most important part is increasing transport och logistics where it is lacking. Why not a few IFVs on maps that have the space and won't suffer in infantry numbers.

BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Op. Barracuda is not a good exemple. The island is quite small and there's like only 2 roads.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
ShockUnitBlack

Work on the 4K maps first. Barracuda's too small and too scenario-based. Same thing goes for Jabal and Qwai, etc.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Ratface

Think of all the asset wars that would go on in such a small environment like barracuda, haha, infantry wouldnt have a chance!
[R-DEV]Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:05 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad

Which 4km map should I work on first?

[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #8
killonsight95
Supporting Member

whichever one you like

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #9
PatrickLA_CA

OP, what you are suggesting is over kill, I think that assets shouldn't be changed except transport assets, like trans choppers, transport and logi trucks, unarmed vehicles etc.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #10
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Just so you know we are working on these now

however I think the general theme will be extra dedicated transport vehicles, and very little change in combat assets.

e.g. Kashan on 128 players played very well with the current armour layout but just needs more transport.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
audit, boosted, bpc, count, layers, map, player, project