project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
|TG-Irr|Nixon
Default [Map] Dahla Dam (4km) [WIP]

Minimap:

Name:
Dahla Dam

Afghanistan (Kandahar Province, north-west of Ghazni)

Size:
4 km

Factions:
Canadian Forces (ISAF) v.s. Taliban Insurgents

Download:
(not yet)

Synopsis:
The Dahla Dam is currently being rehabilitated with Canadian assistance. The Taliban insurgents have eliminated the PSC protecting the Canadian civilians working on the project and now have taken hostages to there island fortress situated in the middle of Dahla Lake. The Canadian forces have been sent in to free the hostages and eradicate the Taliban threat. There is an abandoned Russian airfield (back from the cold war) west of the dam. If the Candian Forces can re-capture it they will receive their air support: CF-18, Griffons and Chinooks. Taliban have numerous hideouts all over the area with caves and strongholds. They will fight to the bitter end since they don?t want the Canadians to win the hearts of the populace by fixing there dam. (All of this is true, except the Taliban attack and island fortress)

Game Play Type:
  • Insurgency 64: CF will need to destroy caches in various places
  • ASS 64: CF will need to re-capture all the flags (except the INS main) and the Taliban will need to defend the flags until the CF tickets runs out

Assets Insurgency 64:
  • BLUFOR: Griffon, Chinook, LAV-3, G-Wagon, Com Truck, Transport Truck.
  • INSURGENTS: Civilian Cars, Bom Car, Tekkies (MG and AT), Dump Truck and Garry
Assets ASS 64: (not final)
  • BLUFOR: CF-18, Griffon, Chinook, LAV-3, G-Wagon, Com Truck, Transport Truck and Leopard
  • INSURGENTS: Cars, Bom Car, Tekkies (MG and AT), Dump Truck and Garry
Screenshots:

Cheers,

Nix
|TG-Irr|Nixon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
|TG-Irr|Nixon
Default re: [Map] Dahla Dam (4km) [WIP]

I was pondering on the ideal that one of the ANA (Afghan National Army) regiments would have defected and joined the Talibans in their efforts to remove the Canadians form the region. This means that the insurgents would have access to some transport helicopters, old armor and even an attack helicopter (I would like to include the Hind form the x-pack in this map with some new skins and physics). This idea would make playing insurgent on the ASS version more appealing to players.

I also have a few questions:
  1. I Wanted to be sure that when I selected size 1024, scale 4 and low-res size 1024 (btw what?s dose it do?) that was really a 4km map right?
  2. I took the same water and sky as Muttra City since they are exactly what I needed for my map. However, why dose my water look flat? (look at the screenshots)
  3. I can make the map, but for the CPs I will need help with the python, could someone help me out? DEVs or other member of community?
  4. If anyone wants to help please contact me, this is a big undertaking for a novice like my self.

Cheers,

Nix
Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
ledo1222

Wow really looking forward to seeing this map come to life, Good to see someone taking an way in on the Canadian forces.

Cheers mate!

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta
ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
dtacs
Supporting Member

Very impressive layout so far, and honestly if this really takes off it will be an awesome addition to the mod. I missed Kubra Dam and this has a very similar feel to it.

I assume there will have to be a reskin of the Leo for desert conditions as well.

Quote:
I was pondering on the ideal that one of the ANA (Afghan National Army) regiments would have defected and joined the Talibans in their efforts to remove the Canadians form the region. This means that the insurgents would have access to some transport helicopters, old armor and even an attack helicopter (I would like to include the Hind form the x-pack in this map with some new skins and physics). This idea would make playing insurgent on the ASS version more appealing to players.
Transport choppers are pretty out of the question considering the ANA Air Corps wouldn't easily be able to defect with any of their aircraft easily to the Taliban. Light vehicles such as the BMP-1 is reasonable if the correct skin is done, as are Techies that are reskinned to ANA or ANP colors.

As said a single non-respawning T-62 or BMP-1 seems alright for the AAS version, especially considering the Taliban did have them in operational use when fighting the Nothern Alliance and before the 2001 invasion.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
|TG-Irr|Nixon

[R-DEV]Rhino made a good point also: he suggested to give more spawn points to the Talibans that way they will not need to fly to the other side of the map if they die.

However, having some armor would be fun for the Taliban team. Will see what the other DEVs and community members have to say, that's why the layout for ASS is not final.

Cheers,

Nix
Old 06-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
ubermensche

Wow good work bro!
ubermensche is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
ma21212
Supporting Member

o.o

map concept looks very nice

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

the point on helicopters will be hotly contested I think, I'd much rather a different mechanic was given to the Talibs, e.g. being able to move between hideouts for example perhaps (no idea if possible)

however, don't let it stand in the way of just mapping atm, you have a RL area to recreate so I'd not worry about assets for a long time

Though my instinct is to say no to helicopters etc for tha Talibs - thats the tradeoff in using a RL location and a team based on a RL force I'm afraid.

also re the fort, have you got any references for it? Afghanistan forts tend to be dirt forts right? some dating back to Alexander.

Last edited by Rudd; 06-05-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Old 06-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #9
samogon100500

Map would be nice,but I disagree to put here taliban.MEC would be better.
Taliban too weak to fight against normal faction in desert against aviation and APC/IFVs.
Maps such as Kokan or Korengal much better,because when you play as Taliban you got some fun,and if you play as BLUFOR - your really need good team work,if your team want to win this map - you should interact with other squads.On maps like Op.Archer - I don't have fun,when play as taliban.

IMO CAN vs MEC would be much interesting thats CAN vs Tal.It's fictional,but it's more funny and balanced.

samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #10
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
also re the fort, have you got any references for it? Afghanistan forts tend to be dirt forts right? some dating back to Alexander.
Category:Citadel of Herat - Wikimedia Commons
Category:Bala Hissar (Kabul) - Wikimedia Commons

They aren't as well defined as the Muttrah fort statics (some boulders or damaged parapets would look more realistic) but it will make for some awesome combat, even with tanks and attack aircraft firing at it, all the Taliban have to do is stay inside, forcing infantry to clear them out in order to cap.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, dahla, dam, map, wip