project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
Chimpy

Default Resetting Ban

If I buy a new copy of BF2 on Steam and reinstall it and PR, will I be able to be unbanned on all the servers I was banned on?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
Bellator
Default Re: Resetting Ban

Why do you care? Is it too hard to go to the server provider's site and apologize (or clear out misunderstanding)?

Edit. ah nevermind, saw your other thread
Last edited by Bellator; 05-18-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Old 05-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Chimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Why do you care? Is it too hard to go to the server provider's site and apologize (or clear out misunderstanding)?

Edit. ah nevermind, saw your other thread
Cool story..
Old 05-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
echo

I suppose you would need to also reset your IP address, if it was static. Obviously you would need to play under a different account.

But I think it would be much easier waiting for a response from HOG about your ban related issue. I mean you are going to spending around $20 for new game from Steam. In my opinion it isn't worth it. But I guess if you have money to waste like that, go a head. But you will have to reset your IP address too.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Stoickk

In short, yes, most likely that will resolve the bans. However, unless you resolve the behavior issues that resulted in the bans, you will end up back on the ban lists in very short order.

If you are the same Chimpy that I think you are, then I remember either warning, kicking, or temp banning you from TAR Texas in the last few days for something. I remember having to take administrative action against someone with Chimpy in their player name, and I don't do a ton of warning, kicking, or banning. If you do spend the money on a new copy of BF2 instead of just appealing your bans, I would take some time to familiarize yourself with server rules so that you don't end up wasting more money on yet another copy.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
goguapsy

^
Chimpy said he was mistakenly TKing, for the uniforms are pretty alike in Muttrah.

When I first started playing, I had this issue as well. Good thing I had friendly players and a understanding server at that time.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 05-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
killonsight95
Supporting Member

you will need to make a new account i think? if it's IP ban then you need to change your IP and account, if it's hash you'll need a new everything, but tbh just don't play on HOG ever

Old 05-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #8
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy View Post
If I buy a new copy of BF2 on Steam and reinstall it and PR, will I be able to be unbanned on all the servers I was banned on?

Trust me, you're better without that server ;P

Old 05-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
reozm

I also got banned from the HOG server.
I got banned when there was a squad glitch and nobody could get on Hueys, so we just ended up knifing each other. One idiot kept punishing me so eventually I got banned.
I say you're better off without HOG servers.
First of all, only recently did HOG open their forums and mumble to random people - others could not even appeal their ban.
Second, they never really respond... nor do admins listen in game when you try explaining your situation.
Their admins are almost as bad as =]H[= admins when there's a power struggle going on... (one time I went on and admins were kicking random people because the admins were accusing each other of something silly; no one got banned though).
Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #10
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reozm View Post
I also got banned from the HOG server.
I got banned when there was a squad glitch and nobody could get on Hueys, so we just ended up knifing each other. One idiot kept punishing me so eventually I got banned.
well theres your problem, A) cant do jack on the server doesnt mean go knife each other, report it to the admin and have the server reset B) if everyone is doin it and you reeeealy cant resist but one guy punished, remember his name and avoid him.

dont blame another player or the admins for your behavior, i play on HOG from time to time and i've never had such a problem with any of the admins so far.

@chimpy: If you're dealing with enough bans to think about getting a new game, i'd suggest you start following server rules. Not having the server rules to read (at least for me) is not an excuse. There are pretty well obvious sets of rules you can expect on ALL servers, this involves TKing and other forms of griefing, DON'T DO IT. As for more server specific rules like base raping and road killing, if you're not sure, dont do it. if you do it and get a warning say sorry, back off, and never do it again. Even a server with "NO BASE RAPING" set in bold as you enter the server wont kick you right off the bat, much less a ban.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Last edited by Bringerof_D; 05-20-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
ban, resetting