project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
maarit
Supporting Member

Default combat stress and taking break?

i really dont know how is it in real-life in some battlefield but ingame i really have few times suffered from tension that im not that effective anymore.
i mean if your squad manage to stay alive and keep of fighting and then finally win that situtiation,your squad must have some stress.
but usually its just that you destroy the cache,kill the last enemy and in 10 seconds your are running with your squad to the new battle.

so is there any squadleader that who orders the squad to take few minutes break after some tough battle?
(few minutes break would be good change to smoke cicarette,go piss and get new beer)
Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Jigsaw

Default Re: combat stress and taking break?

Well one of my favourite descriptions of PR, forgotten who said it, is that "PR is defined by medium-long periods of inaction, punctuated by sudden high intensity fighting".

So it fits that you do get little breaks in PR, unlike most other FPS games, but these are mainly a lead on to the next fight or lying wounded waiting for a medic. Combat stress is too strong a word for it, but I've certainly felt adrenaline playing PR and you do need those quiet moments to get yourself together.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 03-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

not really - cause it is a game... after round-end u can chill while the next map is loading, that should be enough

Old 03-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
Oskar
Send a message via MSN to Oskar

If I get stressed out because of the game, it's not because of the in-game action, rather out of frustration with other players.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Wh33lman

i know what you mean. there really are times where its just worth catching a ride back to base, chilling for 5 minutes or so(in the real world, going to the bathroom, grabbing something to eat), reloading, and then heading back out. best used on insurgency.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
goguapsy

^This, what Wh33lman just said.

There are some very intense moments in PR. After a success, I definitely try to get back to base or a FOB (quiter ) and rearm and relax for a little. But always ready for an attack or enemy rush If necessary.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 AM   #7
Riflewizard

I tend to get stressed out by bad teams and players. I generally just lonewolf now because i inevitably get frustrated when playing with others, as a few of them are bound to be complete idiots or something.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflewizard View Post
I tend to get stressed out by bad teams and players. I generally just lonewolf now because i inevitably get frustrated when playing with others, as a few of them are bound to be complete idiots or something.
Are you trolling or serious?

Which servers do you play on?

Did you figure who's to blame exactly?

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
Sidewinder Zulu

I have encountered this kind of stress all the time when flying transport choppers.

There's a lot of intense AA-missile dodging and insertions into difficult areas, combined with people yelling at you to bring them closer to the action, guys calling for crates, etc etc.

Most good pilots just wait on the carrier or airstrip when they're not on a specific mission, and that's a good time to communicatw with your fellow pilots about AA locations, safe routes, and the like.
That's also when I go and get a snack or drink.

Somewhat like real combat I suppose, in that there's a lot of boring waiting around and then high-intensity action in short bursts.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
Doro

Send a message via AIM to Doro

Eh taking a piss break now and then is alright but I wouldn't say breaks are needed because of "combat stress" or just stress from the situation in game.

I think of combat stress of stress resulting from carrying actual equipment up and down mountains. Winded from real bounding in firefights. And stress related to real bullets cracking around you and friends being killed and wounded.

I do believe in breaks to "plan", regroup, and just take in the surroundings. As I feel too many (even in the PR) community) are bent on time and getting to the objective or target.

Closed Thread

Tags
break, combat, stress, taking