project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-02-27, 19:23   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Exclamation *UPDATE* Project Reality Pilots Association [PRPA]

Project Reality Pilots Association [PRPA]

** NOW OPEN TO ALL IN GAME AND REAL LIFE PILOTS **

I wanted to start some sort of Pilots association for Project reality players. . .

If you are an In game Pilot Jets,Helios "launching Cars off cliffs etc?"
OR
If you are a Real life Pilots, In General Aviation ,Commercial, military or Other Aircraft operations.

We should start some sort of Forum section for Only PRPA members to discuss things happening in aviation and yes discuss in game aspects. Really what ever is fine.

IN GAME PILOTS:
What Aircraft you Fly
When did you start
Favorite Map to fly
LIKES or DISLIKES about the flight aspect of the game
Any good stories??
If you have any Hints or Advice for new In-game Pilots

IF YOU ARE A REAL LIFE PILOT:
Where you are from
What you fly
With who do you fly ( company General military Etc)
a little bit about your background in aviation when you started how why.
And any thing else that you feel you want to share with us.

( If some one would like also get on Photo shop and Create some sort of PRPA Tag/Banner that would be Great . . mine is not too good Plus it has an aircraft on it that isn't even being used in PR )
Attached Thumbnails
PRPA.jpg  

Last edited by Redamare; 2011-03-01 at 05:47..
Old 2011-02-27, 20:24   #2
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: *UPDATE* Project Reality Pilots Association [PRPA]

For starters I am currently flying at the University of north dakota flying Cessna 172s.
Studying to become an Airtraffic controller.

I First started flying in Newyork flying cessna 152s Still working on my private pilots license i took a big break in flying so i fell way behind no i am paying the price of procrastination. . . .

I do not fly in PR because my computer usuialy Lags while i am flying and causes me to crash into somthing. OR somthing happens with my flight controls and it Drops bombs when i dont want it too and kills friendlies . . . soo i tend to just stick to Squad leading . . thats what i think im best at.

UND C172

C152

The difference is in SIZE it is hard to see but one is larger than the other if you didnt know

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 20:58   #3
Punkbuster

Hey,
I fly most of my time in PR, unless I am playing with friends where I play as infantry.
I am not a pilot in real life, but I am planning to be one soon.

IN GAME PILOTS:
What Aircraft you Fly: Everything... Jets, transport choppers and attack ones! I tend to like Blufor ones a bit more though.

When did you start: Since I started playing PR... around 2 years ago...

Favorite Map to fly: There are a lot of maps I like to fly in... for Attack helicopters I like Muttrah City, for Jets it has to be Silent Eagle and Battle for Qinling where I fly the tornado or the Eurofighter (My favourite Jets) and for transport choppers, I loved flying the Lynx in Al Basra when it used to be there, and now I like flying the huey on Muttrah city and the Chinook on Operation Archer

LIKES or DISLIKES about the flight aspect of the game: They should improve Dogfighting and Jets in general...

Any good stories??: Can't be bothered to type a long one...
But I will tell you about 2 quickly, once I was a cobra gunner on Muttrah back in 0.87 or something like that and I remember lasting for the whole round which lasted around 2 hours or something like that and I only had one other squad mate which is my pilot and we finished first and we had the best squad... Squad of 2!
My score while being a cobra gunner (muttrah city) - Xfire Video - This video was taked around the middle of the round.
Another story was when I was flying the F16 on Kashan and I lasted for the whole round which lasted for 3 hours and I killed the enemy Mig for like 4 times.... and didn't die a single time and had a score of 35+
We had a good commander and so much teamwork!

If you have any Hints or Advice for new Ingame Pilots: Good practice and a fast reaction is all it needs!
I don't really have many tips for jets other than to get a Joystick with a hat stick, fly very high and use the hat stick to look at all directions... I change view at least 4 times every 10 seconds!
I fly high to ensure I spot the enemy jet first... fly at around 2500

For choppers, never scant flares!!
Whenever you feel like you have to drop flares... do it! and if you felt it is too dangerous, return to base...
Never go blind, make sure you know where the targets are, at least approximately!

That's it for now...
I hope my tips help
Cheers,
Punkbuster

In-game name: =[BF]= Rudy_PR
Punkbuster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 21:53   #4
Moot

IN GAME PILOTS:
What Aircraft you Fly

All
When did you start
A week ago in TR, over ten years of combat flight sim experience.
Favorite Map to fly
All of em
Well, the flight model and controls/controls setup is extreme bare bones, but those and everything else I can think of is due to the game being WIP. There's only one I'd pick: the view system is almost useless. Minimum situational awareness is nearly impossible because you have to choose between piloting and looking around - mouse view locks you out of most of the controls.

The graphics models aren't done, but for the sake of playability there should be simple blank (color matched) placeholders to fill in the empty spaces, and a proper minimum view system should be added - cycling thru weapons to get to look around (left/right/up-high) doesn't make sense. Imagine if infantry had to do that to look around.

A 4 way (combinable, e.g. fwd+right = 45deg right) plus up and down modifier system (fwd+right+up = 45deg right and 45deg up) would be enough. Even a simple pan system with single button to snap view back fwd would be workable. TrackIR support would be great.

I frankly could deal with nothing else improving (e.g. extremely cramped territory, some of the physics make no sense at all), so long as we had a way to look around.

I definitely like that it's a challenge to stay alive in aircraft, and that there seems to be an intent to make things as realistic as possible.

Any good stories??
not yet
If you have any Hints or Advice for new Ingame Pilots
Not sure yet if/how much the usual SA/BFM/ACM/gunnery rules apply in this game, but I'd recommend looking up other games/sims where their larger/older community has accumulated lots of resources. Maybe try one of the more accessible flight sims, to make flight dynamics intuitive enough that they're second nature. Flight sims might be really hard at first, but soon enough it all makes simple sense, very intuitively. Pick one of the most forgiving planes maneuverability wise, to start with.
Last edited by Moot; 2011-02-28 at 01:19..
Old 2011-02-27, 22:41   #5
Fungus

IN GAME
What Aircraft you Fly: Helos I likes them i leave the jets to people who are very good at CAS support becuase im terrible at it :P
When did you start: .87 i think :P
Favorite Map to fly : All of them
Any good stories?? None yet
Where you are from: Olathe KS
What you fly: C-152, C-172, C-177, C-182, C-206, C-208, C-210, A36, V35, F33, DA-40, DV-20, M20s, PC-12 (my dad's plane) and my favorite J-3
With who do you fly:I'm a private pilot instrument rated
A little bit about your background in aviation when you started how why: My dad got me into flying since i was a toddler, he has over 35 years of flight experience and some type ratings

me at the day my dad took delivery of his PC-12

crusing at FL250 right seat in my dad's plane

a very good friend of mine is a helicopter pilot and invite me to tag along when he ferried a AS350-B2 looking very tired after 2 days flying! I'm thinking in getting helicopter rated just need more money zzzzz

another good friend he's a CW2 in the army he let me play around his bird
Last edited by Fungus; 2011-03-01 at 01:41..
Old 2011-02-27, 22:49   #6
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

IN GAME PILOTS:

Aircraft: Mix - Huey, Chinook, MI-17, Blackhawk. I personally love the Chinook though

When did you start: About 2 years ago?

Favorite Map to fly: Operation Archer

Stories: crashlanded a squad safely in Kashan Desert after my Blackhawk took a hit

If you have any Hints or Advice for new Ingame Pilots: CREATE LOCAL SERVER

Now I took pilot lessons but I'm not actually a certified pilot

Where you are from: Granville, MA

What you fly: Cessna 172

With who do you fly: Flew out of Barnes Municipal Airport, home of the 131st Fighter Squadron and 104th Fighter Wing.

Little piece of info on the Fighters:

Up until September 2007, the 131st Fighter Squadron (131 FS), 104th Fighter Wing (104 FW) of the Massachusetts Air National Guard at Westfield operated the A-10 Thunderbolt II. There were 25 A-10's based at Barnes until they were realigned through the DoD's Base Realignment and Closure of 2005. As a result, the 104th changed its mission from Close Air Support to Air Superiority and its A-10 aircraft were redistributed to other fighter units. The 104 FW has now received 15 F-15 Eagles from the former 102nd Fighter Wing, now 102nd Intelligence Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard at Otis ANGB, with the 104 FW continuing to remain operationally-gained by the Air Combat Command (ACC).

I personally miss the A-10s. They were mean motherf*ckers

havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 05:39   #7
Maverick

What Aircraft you Fly
Fighter Jets, Attack Jets, Helicopter trans, attack, small helos as well, well basically ALL lol

When did you start
.3 PR

Favorite Map to fly
Kashan

That the out of bounds timer sometimes is not correct, and the fact that helicotper physics NEED to be fixed. Flying upside down... Also the fact that the jet combat is whoever sees who first and there is no skill involved.

What I LOVE about PR flying is the variety of HUDS and the jets. The satisfaction you get when the INF or tanks call in a strike, depending on you to destroy that firebase or that tank or the INF. the feeling you get when you hear 31 other players(hopefully 61 > all cheer and say "thank you" or "nice job!" and it's just REALLY rewarding.

Any good stories?? Um well one time I was in the F16, covering the A10 pilot who was an idiot, I was riding his tail a good couple feet(200 or so) next thing I know, were both flying low, and were below the mountains, then the MiG pilot swoops down he flies over the right side of my canopy and my first thought was to open up on him. I tell the A10 to break right and head home and I delt with the MiG VERY quickly with my guns

Another great story which happened a couple weeks ago I was in the A10, and I destroyed the frogfoot. The F16 gets shot down and the MiG finds me and we engage, me being in the A10, speed since the A10's best asset, however, you can make tighter turns with the aircraft. We scissor our way to the MEC main, im dropping flares every couple seconds, and he tries to shoot me, I see tracers fly by the canopy we both pitch up. He has no choice but to increase his speed, but he's smart because I looked out to the left side of my canopy, and I see him roll out to the left and activate his afterburners and he takes off, I try to give chase, still dropping flares because were still over MEC territory. I try to lock onto him with my AIM-9 Sidewinder Missiles to no avail. He escapes outside of the zone. So I retreat to my airbase and land. Then the game ends.

Just don't mess up, PRACTICE in a dang coop server. know your role

Where you are from
Oceanside California

What you fly
Ultralight

With who do you fly ( company General millitary Etc)
Well, SDUA(San Diego Ultralight Association)

I started because when I was I believe 13(im now 1 my dad would go up to Otay Lake and fly with a trainer. I heard of the stories he told and it got me interested in flying. SO for about a year or two, I started going with my dad up there to start to learn how to fly My dad sold his Hurricane unfortunatly, and we couldn't afford to keep going up there with the price of gas and how much it cost to even get the lessons for BOTH of us unfortunatly so we had to stop. But I figured out this this was for even if you don't fly for real anymore

And any thing else that you feel you want to share with us.
Just love what you do. If you play PR, do what you love, and expand on your skills. Never give up on your goal, if it's to be the best damn pilot you can be, then so be it. But don't go overboard like say a 50 cal is shooting at your blackhawk, you know your going to be shot down but you continue to go to the drop zone. Instead think about it, fly away and choose another drop. This is where you come in and YOU decide what happens. Better to be smart than to be hard.

Maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 13:04   #8
gaurd502

IN GAME PILOTS
What Aircraft you Fly:
Transport
When did you start
.7 I think, or maybe one before that.

Favorite Map to fly
Anything that I can fly in. I love the different problems each one has.
It seems that the way they handle are a little strange, and think they need an update. But I can see why that's low on the list.
Any good stories?
Me and another Helicopter were working together, after we pick up two squads (On Kashan) the commander tells me to circle behind the hills until the infantry killed AA, once the did I go to hit "W", but accidentally hit "E".

My best round was on Murthra with now deaths and 3 hours of flying.

If you have any Hints or Advice for new Ingame Pilots.
For Helicopters, what helped me learn to fly was if you start flying like crazy you tend to want to over correct, just try to stay level with the horizon. Also you can us the M key to look at your map and still have control of what your flying. And if your going straight down in a Heli, don't speed up and try to get out unless you have time. Hold "S" until you start to fall, normally the back of the helicopter falls and you level out.

Where you are from. IL
What you fly. Eircoup, Pipers
With who do you fly ( company General military Etc). With my Grandpa
I started flying( Will sitting in the cockpit) when I was about 3. Ever since then I have been flying with my Grandpa who has been teaching me . He also owns a pilot shop and flight school, so this spring I get to go to flight school ( with a discount!)

Sergeant First Class Guardian
Assistent Squad Leader
1st Squad, 1st Plt, A Company, 1st Bat
508th Parachute Infantry Regiment
US Army
1-1PLT/A/1B/508
gaurd502 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 13:11   #9
[md]MadMak[rus]

Send a message via Skype™ to [md]MadMak[rus]

lol pilots are funny people
[md]MadMak[rus] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 13:43   #10
Killer2354

IN GAME PILOTS:
What Aircraft you Fly
I fly all aircraft.

When did you start
I started around .7

Favorite Map to fly
Every map with aircraft

Minimalistic views, flight dynamics are wrong (especially with helicopters)...

Any good stories??
I'll give a quick one. On one of the winter map pack maps (British against Militia) I was a Merlin transport pilot. Multiple times squads told me to go an area that would usually get me shot up. Every time, I got back to the carrier in time to save my heli. There was one point when I had to drop them on the ship and I got blasted by an apc. I barely made it back to the carrier (with alarms and "mini explosions" happening) in time to live. I lasted the whole round, and my side said they'd give me to the Militia side if they stopped attacking (lol).

GO TO A TRAINING SERVER OR CREATE A LOCAL SERVER!!! Can't get any simpler than that.

Oh and I plan to become a pilot in either the Navy or the Air Force (or even airlines for that matter), but since I'm not 16 yet, I use flight simulators to satisfy my flying needs.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
association, pilots, project, prpa, reality, update