project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
verbaldude
Default Why so much hate towards the marijuana plant ?

so im watching marijuana usa on cnbc and i see this state trooper from kentucky going on about how they are fighting marajuana cultivation in kentucky and i cant but to think to my self why do they hate that plant so much? it does no harm, it grows on its own. i just can not wrap my mind around the concept of making something that comes from the earth illegal. to me it makes just as much sense as saying pine trees are illegal. can some one explain this to me please?
edit: just watched some state troopers fast rope into the middle of the wilderness from a black hawk helecopter just to destroy ~15 plants. to me it just seems silly

Edit : Use was warned for "vague thread title". This is a forum now a guessing game show.
Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 12-13-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
boilerrat

Default Re: why?

I suggest you read into the history of it.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbaldude View Post
so im watching marijuana usa on cnbc and i see this state trooper from kentucky going on about how they are fighting marajuana cultivation in kentucky and i cant but to think to my self why do they hate that plant so much? it does no harm, it grows on its own. i just can not wrap my mind around the concept of making something that comes from the earth illegal. to me it makes just as much sense as saying pine trees are illegal. can some one explain this to me please?
edit: just watched some state troopers fast rope into the middle of the wilderness from a black hawk helecopter just to destroy ~15 plants. to me it just seems silly
Just cause it "comes from the Earth" doesn't mean it can't be bad.

Methane gas and sulfuric acid come from the Earth, and they're not very healthy for humans.

But yeah, there is definitley a misallocation of resources when it comes to stopping the spread of Marijuana. If you ask me, it should be de-criminalized. Not neccesarily made legal, but put into the same category as parking in the bus lane or littering.
There's already a few topics on this, however. Sorta sensing a possible lock in the future...
Old 12-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
verbaldude

ive read the history i just dont understand the logic
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
boilerrat

Don't talk on this forum about it. If you feel strongly about it, go into politics.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
Silly_Savage

Your threads are always such a hoot to read, especially the titles.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #7
Qaiex

America's war on drugs is ridiculously stupid. Fighting the symptom will never ever solve anything.
It leaves me speechless when I think about it. That the human beings who are responsible for running a country, in effect, deciding the future of a massive amount of people, are so incredibly stupid that they fail to realize such an obvious fact.

There are actual problems in society. Yet they feel the need to spend billions, fighting a plant that isn't NEARLY as dangerous as alcohol or tobacco, which they sell everywhere.

These are the kinds of things that make you fear for the future of humanity...

I also agree that you need to use proper titles for your threads.
This is in violation of the forum rules.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #8
jOHNNYdOUBE
Supporting Member

Barfy. Barf Barf.
Time for me to get back into PR.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #9
Epim3theus

Sounds like they are in need of some agent orange, other than that it is mindbogling.

Although here in the Netherlands people are allowed to sell and to have a limited amount of weed, resp 1 kilo in shops and 5 gram on person.
It is not allowed to have more than i believe 5 plants, and the police is hunting growers down like there's no tomorrow, driving the production of weed in the hands of organized, heavy crime.

If you can read this the bitch fell off.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
CallousDisregard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epim3theus View Post
....the police are hunting growers down like there is no tomorrow, driving the production of weed into the hands of organized, heavy crime.
Exactly.
Then they will need new laws and more people to enforce those laws and more people to staff the jails and prisons.
In the US, the government can seize your house, your car and all your assets BEFORE the trial, because they say all of those things were bought with illegal money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rackete...anizations_Act
And another little bit of freedom slips away, but it is for the common good right ?
30+ years of the War on Drugs and we still have drugs, more of them actually and more cops and prisons.
Who do cops and prison guards vote into office ?
People who will continue to expand their power and their budgets.

in contrast ......

Quote:
The average sentence for rape in Canada is 3.85 years and 6 years in the US. The maximum in Canada is 10 years for non-violent rape, 14 years for violent, and life in prison for
aggravated sexual assault. The maximum sentence permitted by law upon conviction for rape in the United States is life imprisonment. Marijuana laws in Canada and USA institute punishments that equal, and in many cases exceed, the punishments for rape and other violent crimes.
Rape vs Marijuana Prison Sentences ? Loopy Lettuce

So at the end of the day you have to ask yourself who do your leaders really represent ?
The public ?
or the public unions ?
Closed Thread

Tags
hate, marijuana, plant