project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
SGT.MARCO

Default Improving Ammo, (choose what to reload etc.)

As i notice, sometimes you are in a squad with a Humvee and you are traveling when u encounter armor. you fire a at AT rocket. now it is tracked. You drop the only ammo box from the Humvee. but instead of rearming the at-4. it reloads (1 smoke. 3 clips. dressing) so you are still at-4 less.

My suggestion is to add a t-rose option for soldiers to chose which weapons slot to reload. such as {slot 2}-rifle {slot 4}-grenade, kit specific {slot 9}-dressing/ etc.

this would the person to rearm when he wants so that he doesn't take ammo by accident that he doesn't need by walking by the ammo, also so that ammo bags want be wasted on the wrong guy by accident. a sense of importance. (you would rather have dressing then some smoke, or visa versa.

my last suggestion would be to allow people to feel in control of what goes into a vehicle.

exp. your squad has 2 Humvee. you tell Humvee 1 to load a ammo crate. so they drive up to the supply station and gets out and uses t-rose to "load ammo" The supply station makes a repair noise like when dropping supplies out of a logi. after a few seconds you have an ammo crate.

Humvee 2 does the same but you tell him to grab one of the following { first aid box-when deployed it heals for 30 seconds then destroys itself. (repair station, vehicle ammo crate- to resupply vehicles. or another ammo crate.

so you drive up to a location and spot enemies. you want to drop the ammo but getting in to drop it will give away position. so you go to the back of the Humvee and use t-rose to "drop ammo" depending on whether you have ammo or not it will drop.

This will apply to logistics trucks, APCs and other ammo carrying vehicles. Each vehicle has different amount of slots exp. Humvee-1, APC-4.

The goal of this is to put the player in charge of his inventory, and also give the player more to work with. that is why this should be added

P.S- it would be better if you could load the crates back onto the vehicle. while keeping the same amount of ammo, but most likely hard-coded. your thoughts
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
DenvH

Default Re: Improving Ammo, (choose what to reload etc.)

I like the idea's, what you describe here is pretty much what ARMA2 (ACE2) has in place when it comes to rearming and loading trucks but I don't think it will be possible with the BF2 engine, you will have to ask someone who knows this stuff.

The option to pick a slot to reload is kind of nice, but It could be perfect if the bag/crate itself had limits, like there wouldn't be a HAT missile in a small ammo bag. So instead of selecting your slot you would pick an item of the bag, and another if you need more.

DenvH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
dtacs
Supporting Member

Most likely hard coded, but its a good idea, I'd like to see more development on it. Ammo is linked, meaning no specific weapon can be re-armed by a specific ammo dispensing unit, be sure to keep that in mind.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

only had a brief scan over your post but reloading only one ammo type in a vehicle or weapon is not possible with the BF2 engine. Its amazing enough that the BF2 engine is able to split different types of vehicles up into different reloading groups, so a tank can't reload off a helipad etc

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
dtacs
Supporting Member

I don't think he is suggestion separate reload groups Rhino, rather just disabling ammo reload and only opening a certain slot to be reloaded via a button press, in this case using the commo-rose (T) to choose.

Its actually quite an ingenious idea, in practice it could be pretty buggy with kits skipping slots (Ins rifleman skipping a slot from rifle to grenade)
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:17 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Ye I understood that part and it just simply isn't possible, unless mosquill can find a work around it using the pr.exe but that is very unlikely on a core engine dependant feature like this. I was just saying its amazing enough that we have separate reload groups for vehicles

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #7
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Would be nice if you could reload the spot selected, eg as rifleman you stand by box press 4 repeatedly and you reload the ammo bag first.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
SGT.MARCO

Well i am sorry its not possible, it would be a great tactic, but it sucks that all ammo is linked. It would be cool. what if like PLODDITHANLEY said, you could repeatedly press the weapons slot button like 4. so it could reload that slot. but its most likely hard-coded.
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
HeXeY

Off-topic, but I feel it deserves to be said:

This was a very well written suggestion in my eyes, with reasoning and possible solutions, though I'm not a DEV so it might be crap in their eyes

But creds from me

HeXeY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I know we just said this isn't possible, but on the off chance that it is, we should just make it so it just reloads whatever weapon you have actively equipped first
Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ammo, choose, improving, reload