project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default Would you be willing to do stuff you consider boring every 25 rounds

There are positions which some people (not all) consider boring but help the team greatly, like commander or manning moratrs.

Would you be willing to command every 25th round (or 26th round if somebody is commanding your 25th) or man mortars if nobody is doing it to improve the overall game?

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Beowulf2525
Default Re: Would you be willing to do stuff you consider boring every 25 rounds

I've only manned mortars once, but it one of the coolest things I've done. It was pretty uneventful, but I wouldn't call it boring. Once we were responding to mortar requests, I felt like I was part of a major teamwork cycle. It was one of those, "Hey, squad 3 is getting hammered and I have a large tool of destruction in my hands!"

Squad Leader: "Guys, just shut up and start shooting!"
Beowulf2525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default Re: Would you be willing to do stuff you consider boring every 25 rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf2525 View Post
I've only manned mortars once, but it one of the coolest things I've done. It was pretty uneventful, but I wouldn't call it boring. Once we were responding to mortar requests, I felt like I was part of a major teamwork cycle. It was one of those, "Hey, squad 3 is getting hammered and I have a large tool of destruction in my hands!"
There is still commanding

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Commanding can be pretty intense if you have all SLs on comms and actually following orders. The majority of rounds/servers though most people just dont care about the CO and make his position pointless.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Conman51

This question really cant be answered because it really depends on the map your doing and how your team is, and why every 25th round? why not every 7th? or something smaller?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
This question really cant be answered because it really depends on the map your doing and how your team is, and why every 25th round? why not every 7th? or something smaller?
I think because there would be quite a lot of guys applying for commander while some haven't been it yet, this way the cycle is a little more balanced.
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

25 rounds is A LOT. So yes i would be delighted. Could even be every 3rd round..

I don't think manning mortars is boring. Only if no one calls out targets that is..

Commander..i wouldn't say it's boring. it's hard. that's why not many people play it.

Logistics/Build has got to be the most "boring" job. Or trans. Any stuff like that.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

I apparently like all the boring jobs.... I love putting up FOBs and defenses, and I setup my teams mortars all the time.

Considering I already do these things nearly every round, I think people should be willing to do them more than once every 25 rounds. Teams cannot win without FOBs, and while they can win without mortars, nothing is better for clearing a fixed position than a few proximity rounds. It's called teamwork, without it your team loses in PR.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189

I'm not too sure I get bored easily in PR, but I do some times, and it's on the maps I A) Lag like hell in or B) I just don't like the map, that's when I get into the Mortars or commanding.

Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
bruellwitz

I my experience you do boring jobs quite often. Normaly every two or three rounds, sometimes a couple of rounds in succession... Since I am more the "fight in the first line" guy and not too much into support, mortars (they are fun though), commanding and so on the boring jobs I have to deal with are mainly:

... defending the lonely outpost in the middle of the dessert with no enemy closer than five and a half miles ...

I still remember an incredibly boring round a few weeks ago. Our squad was defending north bunker, our team made no progress on south, I was guarding the front entrance with the LMG and after 60 minutes I put a book on my keyboard and spent the remaining 30 minutes reading occasionally. I was asked once if I fell asleep or something....

No question: Defending areas is one of the most mind-degrading jobs in this game. However, it is important and can be fun if your team is losing flags and you have contact while being prepared and sitting in a fortified position
A squad that is actively using VOIP can be a big blessing in such a situation if you are lucky enough to play with some humorous guys.

This level of commitment is no problem for me and is an enhancing contrast to more challenging situations.
bruellwitz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
boring, rounds, stuff