project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Michael_Denmark

Thumbs up I love Yamalia!

Thank you so much to the ones behind this "simple" and awesome map.

I think its a great manoeuvre map, where people really can try out separated and/or combined arms methods.

Also, the very fact that Yamalia doesn't have any river, or mountain ridge, or tunnel system, or village, or basically any larger slowing-the-advance-major-down-potential-structure, -except of a few hills with some Towers and wooden cover deployed, is simply good stuff.

Cause it means that the factors primarily being able to stop your own team-build up for any attack, or defense-operation, are the enemy factors...not the map it self.

So this map, to me at least, put more responsibility on the shoulders of the team wanting to run coordinated and organised operations, than a map with a large water/mountain obstacle.

The trees covering Yamalia are to me, not large obstacles able to slow down team-sized build ups for any type of operation. But they are to some degree, a slow-downer to the minor-tactical operations, and perhaps even a supporter for squads/fire-teams, who wants to make use of step-wise advancement?

On the low-level, the trees on Yamalia can in no-co-situations, create some degree of fog-of-war.

Only downer if you will, is that the CO has the UAV up on this map.

That fact is only downing the imagination, on every team-level -to simply skill up when playing the map.

With zero UAV on Yamalia, the map would become a true Fog Of War map, where surprise really could mean surprise.

But since many still don't play the CO function, in the community, I guess the DEV decision of having the UAV up, is supporting new CO players still.

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 11-12-2010 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: spelling as usual
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189
Default Re: I love Yamalia!

Yep, Good old WW1 Trench Warfare, also, too add on to the feedback, Yamalia runs MUCH better in .95 for me then when it was introduced in .9.

Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Kain888
Supporting Member

Yeah, this is one of the best maps so far.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Zpoilt

Never played it. Looked too yellow

Zpoilt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Cossack
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack

Yeah, no performance issue, simply perfect map for defense and assault objectives. The open fields, woods... Great job. + The camo is doing its job - its hard to find enemy. It would be cool to get more maps, where you can pass enemy like the Ghost Train. This map have this option. The Wanda Shan is good one too.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

One of the major, major problems with Yamalia was and still is that the paradrop spawn is a huge disadvantage. Its cool and all, but the only effect it has as of right now is that the Russians can get to the Canadians 2nd flag by Helo well before they can. If that flag happens to be Objective Mike (the underground bunker thing) you can pretty much say good bye to the game.

If there was say multiple para spawns that moved around the areas where the 2nd and 3rd flags are it would become a relatively balanced map imo.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
Smiddey723
Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

yea i have to agree with web_cole here, the fact that the para drop is totally random is a pain if it is far away from the objective and have to walk quite a way

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
LudacrisKill

APC imbalance is ridiculous. Give Russians thermals... also bring back the grass or remove the map just like wanda shan.
LudacrisKill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #9
Swaggzor

I absolutely looove Yamalia!

i can remember a game where we were playing as canadians(which is think is the coolest faction btw:P, and we is me and 3 dutch friends on xfire voice) as we were being harressed by this sniper. We eventually spotted him, took up covering positions in one of the wooden reinforced 'bunkers' in the steppes and just unloaded on him and his spotter. we stayed there the whole round and just keeped killing guys, man that was awesome. My first round of PR ever and i loved it

*NwA* SwaggerNL
Swaggzor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudacrisKill View Post
APC imbalance is ridiculous. Give Russians thermals... also bring back the grass or remove the map just like wanda shan.
the grass on yamalia was removed?

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
love, yamalia