project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
ytman
Default Cave Caches; how do you deal with them?

We all know about them, we have defended them and attacked them. They are a godsend for some and a seemingly insurmountable objective for others.

So what tactics do you use to defend and attack them?
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
stealth420

Default Re: Cave Caches; how do you deal with them?

To atack them i would use Air support. But for most maps with cave system caches there is no CAS available.

With the new patch you can mortar them to shit, but what it all comes down to is face to face combat.
stealth420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Having a good squad is important, like with everything else you do in pr. Using real life tactics works pretty well in caves, like throwing grenades ahead of you and having a red dot or iron sighted infrantyman on point.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Ford_Jam

Smoke, Grenades, Iron sights + Automatic weapons/Shotguns
Maybe a little C4
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
Total_Overkill

there ARE some impossible cave cache locations

Best thing to do is focus ALL your efforts on the OTHER cache location

YouTube - Ralfi's Alley- Taliban Cave Rave
Cave Rave is a good example of an impossible assault location. (i majorly fail at embeds, so i wont even try.
Total_Overkill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I randomly destroyed one by throwing 4 grenades trying to get them to stop shooting at my squad. My squad was just like "Lithium! Come on we gotta work our way around" and i'm like "Noooo there is no way arou... Hey.... Explosion...... ...... .... Sweet i killed a cache! "

"well that was random"

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #7
Hunt3r

I love the smell of JDAMs in the morning.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
Target_Practice_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Overkill View Post
there ARE some impossible cave cache locations

Best thing to do is focus ALL your efforts on the OTHER cache location

YouTube - Ralfi's Alley- Taliban Cave Rave
Cave Rave is a good example of an impossible assault location. (i majorly fail at embeds, so i wont even try.
Had this same issue last night on west fallugia. but instead of a cave it was the basement under the destroyed hotel in the south of the map.

I lead my whole squad in the east entrace a number of times... only to meet nades and to be blocked by a grenade trap to enter the main room.

I was inclined to have one man rush the trap and blow it so we could all rush the room then rev him. (a whole sqd going prone under the trap wasn't an option.) but i didn't use this tactic. and i was fast running out of plans...

I'm keen to hear what you guys do in caves / dead ends
Target_Practice_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #9
ytman

Today on Lashkar we fought over an unrevealed cache in the caves on the North East. More than three squads were focusing on it and I doubt more than two squads were defending. It was a battle of attrition. Find AP mines/IEDs? Tell on man to run in and hope they det it, we'd follow after and so on and so forth until most of us died and only one of them was left.

After the third wave of three squads we hit them and killed it (after failing misirably at killing it via C4 from the top).

It was no victory however, over 100 deaths occurred and we were down to 100 tickets. Mind you we started the round with 650!

Some realistic solution would have been welcomed but as none exists I think you must anticipate not going after that cache. Or pre-empting all caves with a squad of three patroling it when ever a cache is destroyed.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:11 AM   #10
CommunistComma
Banned

How do I deal with them?
Poorly.

Beyond that shotty FTW
CommunistComma is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
caches, cave, deal