project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
Trooper909

Default [0957] Strange lag on some servers

As title says I get major rubber banding and lag on some servers wile others are perfect.

Im thinking there is some server setting that makes this problem as I have played on these servers pre .95 and never had issues and now I do.

known servers I get this on so far is TG and NWA.TG I play on alot and was there the night before .95 came and was fine.I went back post .95 and I now lag and its unplayable for me post .95.

Now I know its not from my side as other servers are fine no lag at all although I get the most tiny pause on a local server every 20secs or so but not on online servers.

Totaly baffled tbh but I think the issues are connected in some way.Anybody else noticed this?

in hoc signo vinces
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default re: [0957] Strange lag on some servers

Yes,

Yesterday I ended up playing Kokan on four different servers.

First two where fine.

UKWF was limit unplayable
CoFra was annoying but playable

It is guys rubber banding in my case.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
=HR=Drayu

Send a message via Yahoo to =HR=Drayu
Default Re: [0957] Strange lag on some servers

same report as this?

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...all-times.html
=HR=Drayu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Trognar

Yea, I get major ping spikes whick I have never gotten before.

Trognar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HR=Drayu View Post
I posted in that thread.
No not that..I only seem to get that on a local and on online servers when .95 first came out.
Now it is a completly different kind of lag like major lag and it seems to have got worse since i started this thread.

in hoc signo vinces
Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
Orford

I also get it with a ping of 23.

I will ask our server guy to have a chat with the provider to see if its any thing on the hardware since installing the new files. It may need a complete hardware reboot which may effect other game servers running on that bit of hardware so will see what I can do. seams to sort most issues.

*NwA*Orford.
Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
marcoscl

Same here, sometimes i have a weird ping and its kinda unplayable.
I am sure that isnt a problem of my conexion since i ask my squadmemebers or SL?s if they have the same issue and a lot of times the answer is "yes".
marcoscl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Trooper909

*Update* I now get it in every server and its now unplayable for me no matter where I go.And my ping is steady as far as I see but I do see others ping randomly going to 700+ for no reason.

The only strange thing is the deteriorating over time nature of my problem and the fact that at first it was some servers not all but now its all

Ill a run a locale to see if it changed there also.

*edit* No change in the local just the same very slight stutter same as ever.

Seems server side to me I suggest trying to merg all threads to make viewing all the different/same problems wich appair to be server sided as apposed to graphics/client side bugs.

And orford its not unique to NWA and TG anymore its everyone the fact that yours and TG was first may be a clue but who knows.
Maybe yours was first server to be 95 ready wich in turn made yours degrade first?

in hoc signo vinces
Last edited by Trooper909; 10-18-2010 at 04:56 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
Chase Armitage

Send a message via MSN to Chase Armitage Send a message via Skype™ to Chase Armitage

I can concur to that.
Servers that I have played on quite frequently in the past without any major issues apart from the server-sided crash here and there give me suddenly a lot of rubber banding. I have nothing changed to my system configuration and double-checked my network connection. My ping is at a constant 20ms without any packet loss ( ping -t google.com ). When playing my ping is shown in-game to be somewhere in the window of 30ms to 40ms. Also pinging some of these servers using the maximum allowed packet size of 1460 bytes yields the same result (in terms of packet loss obviously)which again is strange because normally you would expect packet loss to be the cause for rubber banding. But this are just layman's assumptions. Had I more time I would check this more thoroughly.
Chase Armitage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
Trooper909

Nice insite chase.

Cmon I know more peaple are getting it as What little time I had online its my understanding everybody is getting it and just craking on reguardless.

in hoc signo vinces

Tags
0957, lag, servers, strange