project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
ryan d ale

Default [Video] All Genuine Gameplay Promoting Better Insurgency play

Hi.

All Genuine Gameplay - no acting involved all played out and recorded with the HUD switched off to make them a bit more realistic.

I would like to share these videos with you in anticipation of the upcoming .95 release. Each faction is getting a major overhaual and I know that you all might feel a bit short of a standing army when playing as the guys defending the caches, so here are a couple of videos that I made in an attempt to motivate or mobilise the players that are willing to put some effort in to helping the Insurgent teams become more effective - because much more co-ordination is going to be needed in the new versions to deal with the new threats (to gameplay as well if the insurgent teamplay doesn't change drastically - broadly speaking).

Help your team!

I tried to make them in similar style to real life insurgent videos just because I think it will help with the effect that I'm intending to acheive.

If you can lead and co-ordinate then have a go at it!

P.S I'm not trying to victimise the IDF! It just happens that I have lots of footage from IDF maps. I need a little more footage to make good, varied videos from other INS maps.

Project Reality's Unofficial Self-Appointed Anti vehicle mufti
Over 8 years and still not banned
Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)
saXoni: "According to ********'s title their server is for skilled people only, so this doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you were playing on ********?"

Indy Media
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
Murkey
Supporting Member

Default Re: [HD 2 VIDEOS] All Genuine Gameplay Promoting Better Insurgency play

Nice vids ale - I really liked the shot from 4.50 where you hit the Merkava with an Arty IED and it thrashes around like a dying monster

Also, you've got balls of steel getting close enough for RKG3s and pulling off some tight rpg shots. Good work

Murkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
cyberzomby

A while ago there was a new trend that made these video's from insurgent games. People still serving in the army and some others (me included) dont really think this is ethical in some sorts to pull off. I applaud your reasoning behind it to make cool video's and think its nice of you to put the time in it. But these video's are frowned upon. The real life insurgent style. Its bad enough it happens in real life and theres people who dont want to see it on a forum they browse with pleasure.
Last edited by cyberzomby; 10-05-2010 at 04:47 AM..
Old 10-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
MaxBooZe
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
A while ago there was a new scene that made these video's from insurgent games. People still serving and some others (me included) dont really think this is ethical in some sorts to pull off. I applaud your reasoning behind it to make cool video's and think its nice of you to put the time in it. But these video's are frowned upon. The real life insurgent style. Its bad enough it happens in real life and theres people who dont want to see it on a forum they browse with pleasure.
Agreed..

I understand you would put 1 flag in the beginning but taking so many is just..

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
ryan d ale

Quote:
A while ago there was a new trend that made these video's from insurgent games. People still serving in the army and some others (me included) dont really think this is ethical in some sorts to pull off. I applaud your reasoning behind it to make cool video's and think its nice of you to put the time in it. But these video's are frowned upon. The real life insurgent style. Its bad enough it happens in real life and theres people who dont want to see it on a forum they browse with pleasure.
Yeah, I was hesitant to post them actually because I know this but I thought I'd let the flames come my way for the sake of a bit Insurgency inspiration. I aplogise that it offends you and maybe others but I don't mean it to and I can only hope things get easier with everyone keeping their occupational life and personal hobbies/activities entirely seperate.

I appreciate the feedback - thank you.

saXoni: "According to ********'s title their server is for skilled people only, so this doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you were playing on ********?"

Indy Media
Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 AM   #6
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkey View Post
Nice vids ale - I really liked the shot from 4.50 where you hit the Merkava with an Arty IED and it thrashes around like a dying monster

Also, you've got balls of steel getting close enough for RKG3s and pulling off some tight rpg shots. Good work
Thanks

That is my favourite part too.

Indy Media
Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #7
cyberzomby

Well it does not really offend me I just dont think its fair for the people who deal with this in there jobs or past jobs. Just wanted to clear that up ^-^
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
arjan

Quote:
Well it does not really offend me I just dont think its fair for the people who deal with this in there jobs or past jobs. Just wanted to clear that up ^-^
Well, looking it that way i dont think its fair that US forces are shooting civilians and insurgents aswell in this game as people in afghanistan deal with that aswell..
Its a so one-sided excuse not to make these game videos.

Same thing with politics interfering with MOH to call the taliban something different..
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
luntic.ops>71

nice vid mate and good 2 see the IDF tank blow... u good with the RPG there, some nice shoots..... do like a bit of insurgency....thx 4 posting up

GOT 2 KEEP THE LUNTICS OFF THE GRASS...

4 more Project Reality movies
http://www.youtube.com/user/hashhead1971
luntic.ops>71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:38 AM   #10
g-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan d ale View Post
Israel launched a new offensive targetting the HAMAS controlled area of Gaza Beach. Fatah has threatened to become involved if Israel does not keep within it's ever-expanding borders.

Many vehicles were destroyed. Israel still has refuses to admit that it has lost a tank to enemy fire but will has stated that it is having problems with the opposition using underground tunnel networks carrying heavy anti tank weapons and using them against vehicles and fortified positions.

Footage shows many destroyed tanks, vehicles, RPGs, some CQB and the result of two VBIEDs/VBEDs.

[Al-Intifada] need your support. The corrupt Fatah government is imprisoning members of the uprising and around the world there is a growing need for Mujahideen.
what is up with all this ?
g-club is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gameplay, genuine, insurgency, play, promoting, video, videos