project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
[IS-DEV]Nick

Default [Faction Proposal] Islamic Republic of Iran Army [Again]

Now I understand that there have been about three threads suggesting an Iranian faction in this very section in the last year, but I feel that considering all those attempts died in the water, a fresh thread with some real content was warranted. Now the basic argument for an Iranian faction goes like this (thanks to Storm-Mama for it ):

Quote:
Iran is a military powerhouse in the Middle East. Counted with paramilitary forces its got the largest armed forces in the world. If any middle eastern nation deserves to get its own faction in PR rather than being part of the MEC it's Iran.
An Iranian faction could act as a likely OpFor for the Israelis, NATO and even the MEC. They make use of a plethora of foreign technology from various eras, as well as some interesting indigenous designs. Luckily most of this stuff is already in PR, including the AH-1Y/Z SuperCobra, MiG-29, SU-25, T-72, SVD, G3, RPG-7 and BMP-2 (as of 0.95 if I'm not mistaken?). What I propose is the addition of either or both of these: an Islamic Republic of Iran Army (IRIA) faction and an Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) faction. The main work required for both would be this:

• UVW mapping, texturing and animating of Khaybar Series of Assault rifles
  • UVW mapping, texturing and addition of CQ 5.56 parts onto current PR M16A1
  • Addition of M203 onto CQ 5.56
  • Addition of M203 onto G3 (low priority, HK79 can suffice for now)
  • Duplication and reskinning of vehicles
  • Reskinning of MEC soldiers with BDU and 3 Colour desert camo
  • HUD/Localisation work

I've made some changes and additions to Koroush47's design plan, considering he hasn't been on in a few months, I'd like to take charge of the push .

Design plan is here

Basically what I'd like to do right now is have a look at interest and see what people think of the idea right now. Considering two major assets that will define the faction are already well into production (by myself), I'd say progress has been made. If I were to finish the faction though, I would need people who are adept at skinning and someone who is familiar with the inner-workings of PR to get this thing really going. That's all for today, apologies to the moderators if this is one too many Iranian faction proposals.

Cheers,
Nick

Ingame Name: Niknastee5

Last edited by [IS-DEV]Nick; 09-23-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
The Iron Dreamer

Default Re: [Faction Proposal] Islamic Republic of Iran Army [Again]

Whit an BSS DEV leading it, how can this fail?

More factions means more imerssion.

Good luck with it mate.

Last edited by The Iron Dreamer; 09-23-2010 at 12:05 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
samogon100500

Why take USI ...MP-2 model,if PR team have own BMP-2 model.Just need a little reskin.
I don't think so it's good idea,cuz we have MEC.

Last edited by samogon100500; 09-23-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Hauteclocque

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IS-DEV]Nick View Post
BMP-2 (as of 0.95 if I'm not mistaken?).
No, it won't make v0.95

Good luck with this faction, as a community faction lead, I can tell you that you will have to face a huge amount of work if you want to bring this to PR. Gather some reliable and dedicated people aroung you and you'll be able to develop your faction.

Even if you are skilled in something you can't succeed if you're alone.

Edit : I read your list again, some new maps would be nice as well.

Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Hauteclocque View Post
No, it won't make v0.95

Good luck with this faction, as a community faction lead, I can tell you that you will have to face a huge amount of work if you want to bring this to PR. Gather some reliable and dedicated people aroung you and you'll be able to develop your faction.

Even if you are skilled in something you can't succeed if you're alone.
Actually i can join if needed,not so many job with modeling/texturing,but need more mappers,faction without maps sux

samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samogon100500 View Post
Why take USI CraptMP-2 model,if PR team have own BMP-2 model.Just need a little reskin.
I don't think so it's good idea,cuz we have MEC.
Are you honestly telling me this looks like crap?

http://usi.blacksandstudio.com/wp-co.../08/2_bmp2.jpg

Wolfi did a kickass skin on that. Its highly disrespectful to call someone's work crap like that, especially when it is clearly not.

I think its definitely a good idea, I just think the one main thing missing is maps. Sure you could replace Kashan etc with Iran, but new maps would be a much better approach. - Ninja'd by Hauteclocque

Once I get my current projects done I can lend a hand with UVWing and limited texturing if needed.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #7
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
Are you honestly telling me this looks like crap?

http://usi.blacksandstudio.com/wp-co.../08/2_bmp2.jpg

Wolfi did a kickass skin on that. Its highly disrespectful to call someone's work crap like that, especially when it is clearly not.

I think its definitely a good idea, I just think the one main thing missing is maps. Sure you could replace Kashan etc with Iran, but new maps would be a much better approach. - Ninja'd by Hauteclocque

Once I get my current projects done I can lend a hand with UVWing and limited texturing if needed.
Yeah this is .... =)
They not looks like as BMP on draws,looks not realistic...

Last edited by samogon100500; 09-23-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
BroCop

I could voulonteer as a mapper...that is as soon as I get my ass back to BF2Editor (yes Hangman...in my editor the map needs some dosage of dust before it gets something new )

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Hauteclocque

Quote:
Originally Posted by samogon100500 View Post
Yeah this is crap =)
They not looks like as BMP on draws,looks not realistic...
Samogon, please, moderate your comments...I would be really happy if you could produce such assets modeling and texturing wise, it's not the case yet.

Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
[IS-DEV]Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
That would be great Tim. I'll hit you up via PM if I need anything done in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
I could voulonteer as a mapper...that is as soon as I get my ass back to BF2Editor (yes Hangman...in my editor the map needs some dosage of dust before it gets something new )
Again, thanks for the interest , I wouldn't wanna poach any maps off the MEC so having something for these guys is top priority. Any sorta Middle-Eastern urban map would be good for the IRGC. Hit me up via PM if you wanna discuss more.

Ingame Name: Niknastee5

[IS-DEV]Nick is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
army, faction, iran, islamic, proposal, republic