project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion > PR:V Suggestions
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:V Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
maniac1031

Default Helicopters- WP smoke rockets and Huey gunner positions

Okay so I searched threw every one of the suggested threads for these and didn't find any thing so if they have already been suggested I'm sorry. First are we going to see cobras with the ability to deploy long smoke screens to cover the lz for the Hueys, is that even possible? And are we going to see the attack Huey's having a gunner position that controls a m129 grenade launcher?

User Warned for Vague thread Title. Simply naming it Helicopters is not enough
Last edited by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude; 09-14-2010 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: Notice
Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Trognar

Default Re: Helicopters- WP smoke rockets and Huey gunner positions

I was going to post that the Cobra wasnt around at that time, but then I got smart and looked it up. And they were around, more in the mid 60's and above in the war. Their first flight was 1965. And the smoke screen should be possible because in Vanilla BF2, Tanks and APC's have the abbility to pop smoke. I dont know if it could be transfered to a helicopter though. And even then I dont know about the smoke ever being deployed like that.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
XXLpeanuts

Send a message via MSN to XXLpeanuts

a cooler thing to have would be smoke borne artillery or mortars, is this possable in BF2 engine?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
mezlay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXLpeanuts View Post
a cooler thing to have would be smoke borne artillery or mortars, is this possable in BF2 engine?
yes that is possible
Old 10-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Dev1200

IIRC mortars will has it.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Stoickk

At the risk of reviving an old thread, I think I understand what the OP was talking about, and I like the idea.

I think that the OP was referring to the M156 White Phosphorus Smoke Marker 2.75 in rocket.

This article is an overview of the air launched 2.75 in rocket system. About halfway down the page you will find the listing for the M156.

In game, this could be used for concealment of an LZ by deploying smoke at range. This could also be used as a target designation system, where an observation chopper fires a marker rocket at an area for follow on fire from another weapons platform, either a fixed wing strike, or gunship support for example.

At any rate, while the original post did not seem clear to me, I really like the idea, and think it has some merit. I wanted to add this information to further clarify.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
ytman

Biggest Issue could be server side lag as a result of calculating all the smoke in an area. If this isn't an issue I do like the idea and it could provide for some interesting strategies.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Alex6714

We tried some WP rockets once, didn?t test on a full server with millions of them but they worked really well for marking attacks for other aircraft or could do for smokescreen.

0:12 and 0:36

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #9
Nathanual Nolan

Post Re: Helicopters- WP smoke rockets and Huey gunner positions

this could be totaly bogas to this thread but could we possibly shove some speakers on the Trns Hueys in vietnam mod and have a button that plays ride of the valkryies and it can be heard by the vietcong team when we fly in ????????
Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
Tarranauha200

This is project reality: Vietnam, not project apocalypse now.

Just use 1 channel mumble and ask permission from admins to play music.

Tags
gunner, helicopters, huey, positions, rockets, smoke