project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
samogon100500

Default trans huey =/= supply huey

Hi I have suggestion about Huey chopper.
Huey - faster chopper in a game,can lift infantry and have supply crates on board.
But MAX. Flying weight is 8390 kg(RU.WIKI),empty chopper - 5369kg and fuel - 1172kg.
So this chopper can be lift 2500kg supplies or 18 Infatrymans,but if it's not more MAX. flying weight(MFW later).
Noteworthy - any flying vehicle(Chopper,Jet,UFo etc) can be fly with MFW,but without better characteristics,that they can with Normal flying weight(They EAT more Fuel,flying slowly and less maneuverable)!
My suggestion is to make 2 different types of Huey chopper - Supply chopper(Same as hudra,but without Rockets) and Trans Huey!
5369kg(Chopper)+1172kg(Fuel)+700-800(8 Infantrymans or cargo) = 7241-7341 - good weight for flying fast!

Comments!

samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: trans huey =/= supply huey

So now you wil have 3 pilots... there would be noone playing the game, everybody would just have their own version of chopper...

Gameplay would be worse.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
So now you wil have 3 pilots... there would be noone playing the game, everybody would just have their own version of chopper...

Gameplay would be worse.
I don't want make more choppers,just make 1/2 Supply choppers and 1/2 Transport choppers!
Yes gameplay must be hard that we have it how,but 75-80% of this choppers cannot be shoot down by AA,and easy flying under frontline,where sqd make FOB,and kill nme!On jabal MEC team lose before 20 min,if choppers uses right!Thus tactics is very easy - 3 sqd/3 choppers - 1 go to 1 point,2 to 2 and make fob there,3th going to 3th and make fob and tow and wait mny,where both flags capped hes 1sqd going to 3th and help to 3 sqd(Land under front line and kill nme on tail) 2sd going to 4th point,and silently cap it,next all sqd fastly moving to 4th and 5th point!

Simle and easy,most of the time it's plan work,and MEC cannot do something else against to fasted moving infantry!

I think this suggestion can be make not so faster moving and make use APC(remember AAVP7 is a Crap,it's not LAV-25(Also called MiniTANK) ,without infantry they can be shooted down very fast)

Old 09-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Drunkenup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post

Gameplay would be worse.
I agree, theres no point....

And with your argument on the Huey's flying characteristics, I know people in Marine HMLA squadrons, and they all agree the current November model cannot carry much more than its own weight.
In the last patch the Huey's max speed was nerfed because its speed in real life is lower than most other transport helicopters, but it still performs relatively the same to give BOTH teams equal chances at winning.
The suggestion above is pointless, if we do this, we might as well nerf the performance of the MiG-29 because in its current payload, its T/W ratio its under one.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I can see a logic here I wouldn't go for a 1:1 ratio, more like 2/3:1 in favour of transports, but would be kind of interesting to have the transport huey drop only small crates and the supply version drop big crates, worth discussing.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
I can see a logic here I wouldn't go for a 1:1 ratio, more like 2/3:1 in favour of transports, but would be kind of interesting to have the transport huey drop only small crates and the supply version drop big crates, worth discussing.
Maybe your idea is good(About ammo/supply crates).
In general - Huey faster trans chopper in a game,they not scarry not AA,not BMP/BTR(If pilot really good),other choppers cannot do that(Cuz they Sloooooow).With supply crates this can be make possible very fast capping flags for USMC,MEC(Mostly maps with choppers - USMC/MEC) cannot make to many FOBs that they needet,cuz they have only 2 supply trucks and mostly of trucks dropped,when FOB ready,some trucks use as transport(by n00bs),and when truck is dead and all FOBs down all team wait on the base.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
ediko

Better yet make the hydra one carry infantry (I doubt those hydras weight that much) and make the normal ones carry supply crates. Could be made like this for all helicopters. Well for example since chinook is kinda big make it carry both infantry and supply crates, mi-8 (or is it 17?) make one with rocket's +infantry and one just for 2 supply crates. Could balance things out pretty good IMO.
ediko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediko View Post
Better yet make the hydra one carry infantry (I doubt those hydras weight that much) and make the normal ones carry supply crates. Could be made like this for all helicopters. Well for example since chinook is kinda big make it carry both infantry and supply crates, mi-8 (or is it 17?) make one with rocket's +infantry and one just for 2 supply crates. Could balance things out pretty good IMO.
I don't suggest about all helicopters,I have reason - all vBF2 and some PR choppers is big,slowly flying target for survive they must fly away battlefield and drop infantry on safe areas!Huey very fast an easy fly on low altitude this is not easy target for vehicles!In real life choppers never fly under enemy territory(except for SF),that what we have in PR!When all choppers can be have realistic speed,this suggestion can be makes for every chopper(Exept for Chinook,lynx etc)

Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
Unit3d_Kill3r

Send a message via MSN to Unit3d_Kill3r Send a message via Skype™ to Unit3d_Kill3r

I get Samogon's logic here.

I think that's a good point, plus... This is "Project Reality"?
Unit3d_Kill3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
Dev1200

I don't see why the trans huey can't do both.

Remember that the trans hueys only have 8 seats.. think of all the weight you're missing out on those 10 people, I'm sure they can add more weight.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
huey, supply, trans