project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
25 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2010-08-17, 21:42   #1
RealKail

Default Regarding technicals

I did some searching and wasn't able to find a topic pertaining to these issues, but if there is one I apologize.

Issue 1: Technical Armor

The technicals have far too much armor rating on them. I've wasted dozens of rounds with an apache's main cannon trying to kill these things. These vehicles normally wouldn't even take 10 rounds from the main gun on an attack chopper. At the very least the crew of these vehicles should be getting killed with the copious amounts of fire that gets laid into these. Which brings me to the other issue.

Issue 2: Technical Hitboxes (specifically gunner)

The hitboxes for technical gunners are jacked up beyond reason. I've unloaded clips at point blank range, stabbed them, shot them with HEI rounds, and put grenades next to them just to have the gunner sit there shrugging it off while still firing away.

This is a seriously annoying issue because once again, anything short of a serious explosion (C4 or AT kits) fails to yield any results, and one technical gunner produces as much of a problem as an APC would.
RealKail is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 22:10   #2
Ford_Jam

Default Re: Regarding technicals

I've found it odd too but I assumed this kind of thing was intentional, it would be pretty lame as Opfor to die after one APC round or got shot out of the gunners position after one rifle round.
It isn't even that hard to kill a techie anyway.
btw; Shoot the gunners head, and unload on techies with Amour Piercing rounds, not HE.
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 22:45   #3
Vision_16

I also have noticed on techies that if you run into something then you have to click "s" like 5 times before it will back up, as if it was stuck on the wall.

|TG| MagnumPI : "Well that was a fun march of pwnage."
Vision_16 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:17   #4
stealth420

TECHS are super over powered.

I made a thread about it a while back called " LB VS TECH" and i discussed the life/hitpoints and the damage done by the mini guns of the LB and the damage done by the tech.

It turns out the Tech has 6X times as much as the LB and it can withstand alot more damage than a humvee can as well.

Now if a tech is stronger than a humvee, why do we have humvees.???
stealth420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:27   #5
Dev1200

If I recall correctly, the miniguns on the LB (M134 iirc) fires 7.62 rounds (.30 cal for comparison) technicals fire .50 cal, obviously. it makes more sense that the .50 cal does more damage. This is why LB's get hydras, which can kill a technical in 2-3 missiles.

Also, I think AP rounds should do less damage to trucks, cars, etc then HE rounds, since AP rounds would most likely go right through the vehicle, and HE would, obviously, have a bigger explosion.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:32   #6
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Also take into account that the insurgent is completely exposed while on the gun.

I.e you dont have to destroy the whole vehicle to gain a functionality kill on it.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 23:35   #7
Jigsaw

These are not bugs, therefore thread moved to vehicle feedback.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 00:07   #8
Redline.ss

Quote:
The hitboxes for technical gunners are jacked up beyond reason. I've unloaded clips at point blank range, stabbed them, shot them with HEI rounds, and put grenades next to them just to have the gunner sit there shrugging it off while still firing away.
Ive noticed this too. Ive laid into a stationary techi gunner with a stabilized deployed SAW and it didn't phase him. I think the gun may be acting like a shield and catching all the bullets even though its not even half the size of the gunners silhouette. The same effect seems to happen with deployed MG nests.

edit: Of course thats when they're facing right at you.
Redline.ss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 01:08   #9
whatshisname55

I've unloaded the clip of an M4 straight into the back of a tech gunner at point blank range without it hurting him, then he proceeded to turn around and kill me with his first shot. I have also shot them in their sides while they are aiming at someone else, only for them to turn and shred my body. I do not like these invisible shields, not to mention the amount of AP and HE rounds one tech can take before it gets damaged. I mean, it's just a regular old pickup truck for crying out loud! I understand that these are meant to give insurgents more of a chance of surviving, but to this extent is just ridiculous!
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 01:20   #10
mosinmatt

I have never had a problem taking out a technical. They are at a big disadvantage against a humvee or LB (unless they surprise them)
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
technicals