project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
HardDiskDriver1
Unhappy n00b here...

As you might guess, I'm pretty new to the mod. Most of my time on it has been spent practicing and flying helis in cooperative mode - I've only been online 3 or 4 times, the last of which being last night. I made sure to not use limited kits and tried to support the squad as much as possible but someone decided to spout off about me being useless and told me to leave the server (I did, but only because my tea was ready). I'm just asking that people be a little more accepting of us n00bs and not forget that they were learning about the mod once too.
Also, are there any servers I could join with open squads and nice people who won't kick me from them?
Thanks everyone.
HardDiskDriver1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189
Default Re: n00b here...

Actually, there are usually a good amount of good people that have squads that allow newbies to the mod in, I'm one of those people.

Just practice in Co-Op then try in real games

Remember to listen though, that's the key element in PR.

Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #3
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDiskDriver1 View Post
but someone decided to spout off about me being useless and told me to leave the server (I did, but only because my tea was ready).
sorry, but that has to be the most epic line i've ever read xD

well only thing i can tell you is that you communicate (a lot but not too much cuz then everyone gets annoyed) and follow the SL where ever he goes and do what ever he says, if he tells you to stay in that corner for the next 15mins you do that with a smile on your face also learn how to shoot properly, some people are just jerks usually the guys who knew everything in PR from the 1st day they installed it, find a server you think is good and has a fair amount of english speaking users and also has teamwork in it, find a Voip squad and stick with them, there are some people that will help you out a great deal when playing the game, but some are just hot heads so dont mind them, try to see who are the regulars on the server you play and stick with them especially if the SL a lot and are good at it.

if it was a SQ member that told you that, just tell them to shut up, SL has the final word on who is useful and who is not.

take a rifelman kit before you learn how to use the other kits, or you can use the medic kit if you dont want to shoot too much, but make sure you get someone to teach you all the little tricks.

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:33 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to [R-DEV]Nosferatu

Welcome to forums and welcome to battlefield. As in real army, there are many d-bags on servers who think you own them world just because you are new. But major part of our community is not like that, so just take your time, read closely to manual and pay your dues as rifleman, see what others do and you'll learn pretty quick.

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

If violence isn't the answer, then you obviously need more violence.
[R-DEV]Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
echo

Quote:
As you might guess, I'm pretty new to the mod. Most of my time on it has been spent practicing and flying helis in cooperative mode - I've only been online 3 or 4 times, the last of which being last night. I made sure to not use limited kits and tried to support the squad as much as possible but someone decided to spout off about me being useless and told me to leave the server (I did, but only because my tea was ready). I'm just asking that people be a little more accepting of us n00bs and not forget that they were learning about the mod once too.
Also, are there any servers I could join with open squads and nice people who won't kick me from them?
Thanks everyone.
There are some friendly guys on TG and if you come on the right time you can play with me and I'll show you the ropes.

In the event you join anyone's squad, be sure to tell them that you are new to the game and be sure to always follow their exact orders and if you are unsure; just ask.

You've also got to look at why that person spouted off at you, what could you have done differently, was there something you did wrong which you can prevent in future situations etc. Sometimes the only way you'll really learn is through learning via mistakes, so you'll make a few mistakes now and then, just be sure not to repeat them in future.

Also one other thing VOIP works wonders if you need help learning, so be sure to have a mic.
echo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Tactical gamer is a good server.
UKWF (UK warefare) is a good server as most people who play there are english and nice people

if someone tells you to leave the server for a reason like that just ignore them, your trying arn't you? and thats all that counts, this game is for fun even though some might disaggree with me.

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
zebra.actual

Quote:
The folks over at Tactical Gamer and Alpha are great communities to get involved with. Both communities are heavily involved with the usage of mumble. The Alpha guys are typically found in mumble in their own mumble channel playing on other servers, so feel free to join their channel and say hello. The TG server is full at 62 so you might have to auto deploy to get in.

Cheers.

Last edited by zebra.actual; 08-13-2010 at 05:24 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 05:30 AM   #8
whatshisname55

The TG supporting member thing is evil! It kicked me to make room for a supporting member. :P
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #9
Arnoldio
Banned

Im playing on TG often, running and INF squad. If you see that [OD-S] has free slots in the squad, feel free to join.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #10
Slightchance

I remember being a noob, but remember to stick with it. In many ways it's a lot better for new players with the co-op mode. I remember messing around on local servers for months before I tried the game online back in .6. I'll probably have to do that again when I can finally get back to PR as it's going to be over a year without PR before I can get back to it.
Slightchance is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
limited kits, n00b, noob needs help, open squad, server