project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Indistinct0
Default Having trouble with M14

I haven't quite figured out the M14 yet. I have been trying to practice with the M14 everytime I get the chance (And if its an acceptable situation) but I can not lead shots, shoot accurately, nothing. I understand deviation - I am not moving the mouse while I shoot. I but the crosshairs 3-4 seconds ahead of them, and then when they get to that spot I shoot (Not when the crosshair is dead on them) and it seems from 100m the shots are off anywhere from (Judging the players are 5'8 or so) ~2 feet - ~10 feet. At 250m the shots are missing by ~3 feet - ~15 feet, and at 400m (I start refusing to engage targets that could fight back effectively at 450-600m+, meaning if its a kind of troop that could engage me from the distance and possibly do damage effectively - I don't engage for the sake of staying alive. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so if you can explain that would be great.

Only the shots that I miss by noticeable distance I am recording. If a shot just goes right over the targets head missing by like a inch or something I know its the gun itself not being perfectly accurate, so I don't record that as myself not being sure whats going on.

EDIT: I get 50-80 ping on the TG deployment server - kinda surprised me due to my being wireless. Haven't had time to run a cable through the floor.

EDIT: Yes I am deployed
Last edited by Indistinct0; 08-03-2010 at 03:04 AM..
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Default Re: Having trouble with M14

Start a co-op map with the USA on it.
Join a squad
Request marksman kit
Practice Practice Practice

In all seriousness, the only way you will get better is by shooting at more targets with it. Bots are a good place to start

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Amir
Banned

I also got some serious issues with marksman-rifles except Dragunovs.
What can I say ? Do what Bloodbane said, try to practice alot with it.
Really anoying these rifles, at some moments I think that it's just better to snipe with an ACOG-scoped M16 rather than with one of these ^^
Amir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Drunkenup

Now are you getting these problems in deployed mode or un-deployed? Because each mode has their boundaries, all else, it probably is simply your amount of skill. Like said practice.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
Stealth Clobber

I don't understand what peoples problems with the marksman rifles are. I have absolutely no problem engaging, hitting, and killing targets at range with them. The code (posted numerous times in threads just like this) proves that it's just user denial.

Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Lutefisk
Send a message via MSN to Lutefisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
I also got some serious issues with marksman-rifles except Dragunovs.
What can I say ? Do what Bloodbane said, try to practice alot with it.
Really anoying these rifles, at some moments I think that it's just better to snipe with an ACOG-scoped M16 rather than with one of these ^^
I second this.
I have serious issues trying to get the marksman rifles to work properly, SVD is not so bad though, might be the crosshair? I don't know.

I have several experiences where the M14 don't live up to its potential, no matter how long I wait (deployed) I never get a proper hit, I mostly hit when I start spraying one shot after another so one hits, but this is mostly luck.

Fix the DMR's!!!
Lutefisk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
Hokkane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indistinct0 View Post
I understand deviation - I am not moving the mouse while I shoot.
Just one more thing, you CAN move the mouse freely when scoped, but if your body moves the deviation starts to increase.

EOD operator

The way of a warrior is to bear his name, never to lower his sword.
Hokkane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Nitneuc

SVD is only 4x zoom, M21 deployed is 9x IIRC. It can make you feel like the target is closer thus the rifle less accurate (although their deviation is the same).

As a general rule, don't use deployed stance if you're moving a lot, the settle time is as long as a LMG (~8 seconds) and should only be used on static (defensive) position.
Most of time, undeployed stance is better since it behaves like a high caliber assault rifle (same deviation).

Quote:
Just one more thing, you CAN move the mouse freely when scoped, but if your body moves the deviation starts to increase.
Actually mouse moves have little effect on deviation too, better wait 0.5 to 1 second before firing when you had to make a big mouse move to get a target in the crosshair.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #9
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I didn't think you had to lead shots =/ (because of how the engine works)

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #10
Ford_Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
I didn't think you had to lead shots =/ (because of how the engine works)
You most certainly do!
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
m14, trouble