project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
=Toasted=

Default Halo: Reach (Console Game)

So, I haven't seen any threads talking about this game, (maybe for a good reason..) But I think it actually looks pretty decent for a console shooter. What I liked about the Halo series is that it really is easy to pick up and play, and the fact that a 2nd player can join in online multiplayer is fun.(Hopefully that feature was kept in Reach) The maps were generally well put togather, with a nice variety. Spawnkilling was also not too much of a problem. Overall, the weapons were fairly well balenced. The biggest downside I guess is the community, but the MW2 community isn't exactly that great either. Every game has it's idiots.

New gamemodes and multiplayer features are aplenty. I for one love the jetpack and updated skyboxes.

Bungie has also apperentally fixed the flaws in the "Forge" gamemode. The forge map they have been working on looks huge as well. Check out this new dev-video detailing it. They actually listened to the community suggestions and implemented the exact features people wanted:

(Sorry if another thread exists on this subject, I looked around but could not find anything relevant, go ahead and lock this if that is the case)

The game is set for release on the 14th of September, 2010.

Bob_Marley - "This is an outrage! If we're going to spend money on black projects they should be much more amusing and/or explosive than this."

PR In-Game Alias: =Epic-Toast=
Last edited by =Toasted=; 07-24-2010 at 08:21 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Pantera

Default Re: Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)-(September 2010)

Yeah I didn't make a thread cause of low interested, so all the reach stuff is on the gaming thread.

Personally I'm not going to get this game straight away, instead wait a while. I was impresed by the beta tho, I put some screenshots in the post ur screenshots thread.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

i've always been a fan of the halo franchise, but after odst i got less interested and the reach beta wasn't so fun either. but with that amazing forge....DAMN!

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
Ghost1800

already can see myself going for hours making a complex and large CTF game on that map using forge. All depends on how much **** you can place over a large area.
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
BlackwaterSaxon

Haven't bought a Halo game since the first game, a franchise that has been sucked dry in order to line a few pockets, I wouldn't mind but all of the games are the same, and the content has remained pretty much unchanged since the initial game.

Can't believe people will actually pay to play this shite.

BlackwaterSaxon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
fludblud

bought all of em, loved all of em and cant feggin wait for this one. it used to be at the end of school term that we would all bring our xboxes/360s and our tvs to a friend's house and have awesome 16 player LANs complete with alcohol all afternoon and into the evening and get mega pished. good times and will only get better with uni

fludblud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
Pantera

Dude that is the way forward ^^^^^^ which uni u going to?

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 AM   #8
gazzthompson

i only buy the games for the story lines now, this one will be no different. the actual gameplay and multiplayer isnt my thing.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #9
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
i only buy the games for the story lines now, this one will be no different. the actual gameplay and multiplayer isnt my thing.
Read books
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
rangedReCon

Forge looks pretty sweet, too bad I probably won't bring my xbox to university. I'd probably spend all my time making a labyrinth.

[IMG][/IMG]
rangedReCon is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, 360september, console, game, halo, reach, september, vidja, xbox