project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
bloodcry223

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodcry223
Default Cobra's Minigun Range

Hello,

Today while playing on Muttrah City on the MEC side I was taking damage without actually being shot (at least there was no sound or blast near me). I died 5 times like this when I asked the other if there is a hacker or a glitch and the guys from the other team told me it is a cobra blindfiring.

I was like when I heard that.

They said they where hovering at 800m alt so I want to know what is range of the minigun on the Cobra.
I must say that these "invisible bullets" where falling all over the map.

The pilot and the gunner told me that it is a bug that I can't see the explosion of the bullets, but I belive they were lying so much...

Can someone enlight me what happen there?

Thank you.
bloodcry223 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
masterceo

Default Re: Cobra's Minigun Range

The cobra can fire well beyond it's visual range, so there's no bug/glitch here.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Narco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodcry223 View Post
Hello,

Today while playing on Muttrah City on the MEC side I was taking damage without actually being shot (at least there was no sound or blast near me). I died 5 times like this when I asked the other if there is a hacker or a glitch and the guys from the other team told me it is a cobra blindfiring.

They said they where hovering at 800m alt so I want to know what is range of the minigun on the Cobra.

The pilot and the gunner told me that it is a bug that I can't see the explosion of the bullets, but I belive they were lying so much...

Thank you.
Yes its a bug that the infantry being fired at cant see the explosions.

The cannons on choppers have unlimited range, although damage decreases over distance.

This is a very common tactic among pilot/spotter teams and significantly reduces the risk to the chopper.

Me and my buddies used this tactic alot.

Narco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
myles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodcry223 View Post
Hello,

Thank you.
Was this on NWA eveybody on the MEC side was saying it was hacks i was like stip whinning its the cobra but they pressited saying it was hax ruinning and spamming the chat

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here http://www.youtube.com/user/Projectreality1

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
Drunkenup

Yeah, I took out a firebase and 19 people using the Cobra's M197 firing from over 1300 meters away. Its well over beyond visual range.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Gammlgandalf13

Send a message via Skype™ to Gammlgandalf13

This tactics absolutely reduce the risks of being shot by AA.

I use these tactics everytime I fly the CAS, even if I fly Frog/A10 'cause it works very well for me.

Gammlgandalf13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
CallousDisregard
Banned

They call it BVR( beyond visual range) and I just love it.
It works with tanks and BMPs as well, using a spotter and firing well out of visual range.
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
bloodcry223

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodcry223

@Myles
Yes, it was on NwA server.

Thank you guys for making me a bit smarter in the PR domain .
But still, it is a bit unfair for the infantry to don't know what is going on. As far as those pilots told me, missile explosion is still visible on the ground, the minigun explosion isnt.
bloodcry223 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Zoddom

u usually hear the bullets coming before they impact. If you didnt even hear that sound its strange :/
Ive personally never heard of this bug, but if its true, its a shame for PR to have such an annoying bug.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
goguapsy

Well I never got killed by invisible bombs, but I can say it's pretty unfair to not be able to see the "tracers". If you are good, you might be able to HAT-snipe the cobra, teach them a lesson.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cobra, minigun, range