project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
Ford_Jam

Default [AR Kits] Change to the undeployed recoil

Okay so first off, I had a quick search around and didn't find anything too similar to what I am proposing.

We all know the power of Automatic Rifles at close range, for arguments sake in this post I will be talking about the SAW which carries a gargantuan 200 rounds per clip.
Time and time again I see SAW's at close range annihilate any thing in its way. Even I have found myself doing this and tactics when using the SAW at close range tend to be: "Hold down Mouse1 to win"

What I'm suggesting is to

Add a Day of Defeat: Source style recoil to an undeployed and unscoped SAW where if you fire the massive recoil will have you looking at the sky instead of infront of you. To counter this and still keep the undeployed (weapon slot 3) side of the SAW useful, you could tie this recoil to their deviation if possible or increase the scope-in time of the undeployed version.

This will mean; Undeployed and unscoped = completely useless
and someone who has taken the time to aim = will be able to suppress their targets.

Edit: To counter those who will think an AR kit is too vulnerable on the move now, the whole point of a SAW is to provide suppressive and support fire for the squad. Whilst on the move, the AR will be protected by the squad as the kit needs 4 players to be in squad for it to be equipped anyway

Edit2: FYI for those that do not realise, this is more of a Gamplay over Realism suggestion. It obviously isn't realistic

Anyway, feel free to post criticism, constructive or otherwise, but I think it is a half decent idea.
Last edited by Ford_Jam; 06-06-2010 at 07:02 AM..
Old 06-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Serbiak

Default Re: [AR Kits] Change to the undeployed recoil

There were times before when the ar was like you want it. It was the uber kit. I think its just fine how it is now.

As far as I know soldiers don´t clear buildings with saw like weapons anyways because they are afraid of the big caliber bouncing off the walls.
I don´t have any sources for that but maybe someone can help me out here.

"Remember, your penis size is proportional to your post count...or was it inversely proportional...I can't remember"
- [R-CON]Rudd -
Old 06-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Arnoldio
Banned

Now its just fine. The scoped minimi in undeployed mode has enough recoil.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
HAAN4

AR kits has once even more overpowerd, but now they still very powerfull.

I guess the old 0.874 has be a very well balacend firepower, recoil and acurracy of AR kit's espcecialy the SAW.

but giving a Recoil sistem like the AT's will turn they more flakiable. just like heavy AT, so if they what to fire acurate they must move slow they weopow. not alot efect, just enough to people not work whicht a deploend AR whicht 360 arc.

also if we are ablle to do is to code the AR kit into something you cannot use the deploend mode, you actuly trow you Machine gun like a rope, and then you press E to use it, so it become easy coded to make Arc of fire. that balaces alot the AR kit and the riflemans kits. like forgothen hope heavy machine gun kit.

but loking in past, it's a fine job of Dev about balace of riflemans and AR kits, for now. but more work is require.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Teek
Supporting Member

due to the weight of Machine guns, they can actually have very controlable or even non existant muzzle rise, specificly the PKM so it would be quite unrealistic and lame to be looking at the sky when you shoot like your no-scoping a M82 or something.

There really isn't much stopping anyone from using a AR as a assult rifle in real life other than the extra weight and bulk, perhaps the recoil in game currently is a little low while standing, I am happy with it currently

Old 06-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
HellDuke

Haven't played for a while... Still I don't see the problem with the AR right now... It's not like it's meant to be a weapon on par with the others. It's meant to be a weapon that can beat any other gun on the field... Well that's the basic idea...

I guess what we don't have are the only existing problems of the AR: heavy load and muzzle overheating (sometimes to the point it needs to be changed or so I've heard). Maybe give the AR a little less ammo so it would be more dependable on riflemen?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellDuke View Post
Haven't played for a while... Still I don't see the problem with the AR right now... It's not like it's meant to be a weapon on par with the others. It's meant to be a weapon that can beat any other gun on the field... Well that's the basic idea...

I guess what we don't have are the only existing problems of the AR: heavy load and muzzle overheating (sometimes to the point it needs to be changed or so I've heard). Maybe give the AR a little less ammo so it would be more dependable on riflemen?
If you're not running out of ammo with the AR kit, then yo're doing it wrong.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
XxxGrANdmA

why don't we just have it that deployed mode has to be while lying down and undeployed and be used in any stance.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
boilerrat

Just for the DoD:S ref + kickin music

Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
Ford_Jam

That's how it used to be Grandma.

Hmmkay, I only started playing in .85 just as .86 came out so I never saw much of the AR kits before they all had zoom and were spawnable.

Teek, I know it's lame but it is very disheartening to have your entire squad killed because you ran around the wrong corner with a SAW wandering, alone, around that corner.
I think the AR kits should be dependent on the squads riflemen when on the move, not the other way around.
Closed Thread

Tags
change, kits, recoil, undeployed