project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Commando_Jenkins
Default Alternate Deployable Assets

You know how you right click when selecting a kit to get one with a different weapon sight, or weapon altogether? Why not be able to get alternative deployable assets when right clicking to deploy ?

Barb Wire / Tank Traps - This is the main choice for placing wire to stop vehicles, and hurt infantry if they try to pass, but they don't supply the fire base defenders with much cover.

Barb Wire / Sandbags - This could be an alternate wire deployable, which would give you sandbags all around the bottom of the wires, depending on the height of the deployed wire, so infantry can take cover behind wire walls from bullets and light projectiles.

Foxhole - Foxholes will remain how they are if selected as the main deployable. They provide cover from all sides, except the top, but are very useful when mortar/arty is dropped nearby.

Makeshift Bunker - Similar to those guard bunkers located in the VCP of the Al'Basrah map, just smaller, and with only one window. Sandbags would make most of the structure, and wood/metal for support. This would provide a roof for infantry to be protected from frag grenades, and bullets when defending key objectives. A similar structure would be the mg nest, just larger, and without an mg. So you can prone inside, but not stand.

TOW Launcher - The Tow will remain as it is, useful for destroying vehicles, infantry, and structures from a distance.

Mortar Pit - The Mortar pit would be the alternate choice for fire bases, being able to accurately provide an arch of fire instead of straight fire as a TOW would. You would still only have 2 per team. * I saw the community modding section, and noticed Sniper dog14, was already coding the Mortar as a deployable *

(http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...m252-81mm.html)
Last edited by Commando_Jenkins; 06-01-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Alternate Deployable Assets

hmm, question is: is it really needed? (although i like it)

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Commando_Jenkins

I would say yes, because varying assets would be suitable for specific FOB Squads, some like defending from vehicles, some like putting them close to caches on insurgency mode, which you would be under fire constantly, having a different wire would help when running from asset to asset, as of now, there is too many open spots to be shot from when moving around your FOB.

You can only get the dirt wall from wires if you build them on an uneven surface, but placing them in streets/grass will only give you like 2 inches of dirt, which is no cover.
Commando_Jenkins is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i see a problem with this: Barb Wire / Sandbags

it's a vehicle block too. in the battlefield engine sandbags are like titanium walls. you can't really break them by driving at them. or am i wrong?.

and to to have a bunker like in pr v0.7 sounds good. you can create firebases by left and bunkers by rightclicking.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
richyrich55

Send a message via MSN to richyrich55

This would be a welcomed change to FOB's.

"What's the advantage of these choppers when compared to a squad medic?"
Pirate
"Medics dont have rotors."
rampo93(FIN)

richyrich55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4on View Post

it's a vehicle block too. in the battlefield engine sandbags are like titanium walls. you can't really break them by driving at them. or am i wrong?.

and to to have a bunker like in pr v0.7 sounds good. you can create firebases by left and bunkers by rightclicking.
Well, you can run down the static concrete road blocks with cars, so something similar should be applicable to buildable stuff. Maybe.

Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4on View Post

You might be able to make them destruct upon impact, much like the concrete barriers do (they're in Kashan bunkers, etc). It would do a bit of damage to the vehicle if it wasn't armored, but an IFV/Tank could plow through it like it rightfully should.

/ninja'd
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Imchicken1

I like this idea. I miss bunkers, and sandbags would prove useful and probably have a posotive impact on the game (other than unarmored vehicles trying to ram them (boom))

I won't cluck for you
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
ytman

Tying th TOW and Mortars within the same "pool" of assets is a brilliant idea.
ytman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #10
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytman View Post
Tying th TOW and Mortars within the same "pool" of assets would a brilliant idea.
yes it would be brilliant idea shame he didn't suggest quite that

i like the idea of being able to put up sand bags and wire,also the MG nest idea, possible made out of corregated metal sheets for a roof and held up by some polls, and place low on the ground and have 3 arcs of fire for LMG's to get inside.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate, assets, deployable