project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
21 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Teek
Supporting Member

Default [List] Heart pounding moments

For all those exciting moments that make your heart pound, going up against Dangerous odds that you shouldn't have survived but did.

Most recently:

my squad got wiped out and the FB that I just spawed at was deactivated due to enemy presence so I had to walk back to regroup with them.
As I was walking back in soon to be hostile terrain I think I see two men climbing a ladder not more than 20m away from me. I didn't shoot them right away as they were behind our lines and I had to check my map first, confirming that they were indeed hostile, I tried shooting at them but they got up the ladder before I could get more than 2 wild shots off.
I tried bucking nades up to the roof but none of them got over the parpet so I did the only thing I could do, climb the ladder and hope.
As I got to the top there was on enemy covering it while getting healed by a medic, but for some reason - probably server issues we had all night - he just died as soon as I saw him.
As I franticly tried to pull my rifle up I ran for cover behind a large rooftop stucture that had it's corner pointed toward the ladder, I ran to the left side of the corner as the two hostiles where on the right and I took a knee a sighted in for the corner around which the medic obligingly appeared around. My ping was horriable but I managed to kill him, upon which I healed up with his kit and attempted to shoot a landing chopper with the LAT the other dead man dropped, but it was just out of sight.

Epilogue: the chopper landing towards the route I wanted to take, but it dropped a lone wolf, and as I was moving on the far side of the building he was at, on the other side of a wall, I managed to link up with a blue guy. After popping my head around the corner to see him, I ran for the burnt out car right in front of the enemy while the blue covered me at the corner. The hostile gunner was shooting at my frendly while I managed to deliver a head shot with my red dot rifle.

My best was on al Basra as an insurgent;

We were to patrol the distroyabpe buildings to the north west of the cache, as we moved to the south i took up a position with my RPK in a 2nd floor window and spotted a lone Brit by the north end of the bridge, various insurgents already engaged him from north along the road and from his south, but I had a clear flank shit due to my elevation above the low ground level I would normally be on from that side. I fired maybe 7 bursts from the old AK and finally managed to down the man. I went over to loot the gun and cover the civi who was to revive the squad mate who tried to get next to him. As I picked up the gun, a Iron sighted M249 much to my delight, I noticed that hostile was not as alone as I though because there was another Brit kneeling on the road shooting north. A delightful burst from the SAW finished him off in a second flat before I see another on almost in a door way and I do the same to him before radioing "2 hostiles down" as I turn around to go back I see yet another enemy behind me on the bridge ramp, still shooting north unaware that I just took out half his squad. As before a satisfyig burst of the machine gun and I begin to say "that's three...." and I see the last man standing just behind the bridge guard rail unaware of my presence, just 5 feet from his 2 o'clock. I try shooting him but the guard rail stops most of my shots and my squad leader opens up from behind him under the bridge. The hostile soilder walks down away from my view and kills the cell leader with a saw, but enabeling me to get him in the back and I radio triuphently "6 down!"

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
goguapsy

Default Re: Heart pounding moments

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112...p-moments.html

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
I don't think its quite the same thing... it's open to interpretation

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
Stealth Clobber

Yes. Oh crap moments pertains to moments where you know something is going to end horribly wrong, while this thread could pertain to pretty much any very intense moment.

Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
goguapsy

Default Re: [List] Heart pounding moments

Ah I believe it's just me then. When I'm in a very very intense moment I think "Oh Crap".....

Anyways my heartpounding moments normally consists of seeing something fly VERY close to me - tank shells, grenades, tracers, helicopters, you name it! But then again I say (or think) "Oh Crap!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
I don't think its quite the same thing... it's open to interpretation
Yeah. You are open to interpret what I meant with yeah as well, beach.

(No aggressivity intended). (Seriously!)

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
ZephyrDark

My most common "heart-pounding" moments are normally when I'm dealing with a solider/insurgent holed up in a building. Another is when I'm creeping in to knife someone or something. Always really intense imo.

|TG-31st|Blackpython

ZephyrDark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
JohnnyTheIED
Banned

Everytime I get Gary or big red on a full ins server, on like Basrah. With all the oldies playing and expecting nothing but dead tanks from gary. lol, I get that heart pounding.

I get that feeling I must be up to the ask to maintain my rep. lol. Everytime I join these servers where Ins are getting hit hard its like "Johnny!!! OMFG its Johnny!! This is over!" lol

I Guess I get that heart pounding often as I'd rather hunt hard targets like Tanks or APCs. Which gives you alot more adrenaline and challenge.

Sometimes a tank or apc can kill me a few times before I get it, but thats when the Odds are so against us and we got no good players in INS. When I have a VOIP sq with good spotters and fighters its really easy to get rid of a tank.

Like I dont need to explain them for 2 hours what a "diversion from east" on the tank is, lol. Like while im proned 20m away from it, with him looking my direction. With good players I get my ricochets going on the tank, He turns around, I run up, plant the goodies and allahu akbar
JohnnyTheIED is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
maarit
Supporting Member

hmm,lying in yamalias bushes and watching how enemy apc patrolling few meters at you...
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
goguapsy

I've gotten closer to one. I tried stabbing him, actually. *Almost* made it.

[/CENTER]
Old 05-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Arnoldio
Banned

Welll, all stealth work is intense, and i've done some.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
heart, list, moments, pounding