project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
03 Aug 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2010-05-11, 04:13   #1
FOBdaBuilder
Banned
Default Act of Valor 2010 (Film)

IMAX film
Coming sometime in 2010, the Bandito Bros. full length feature titled Act of Valor, formerly was titled "I am that Man"

First full lenth fictional feature film to use actual, active duty Spec. ops forces.
According to Capt. Duncan Smith from Naval Special Warfare Command and Navy liaison officer for this film project, tremendous efforts went in to ensuring no tactics or secrets were revealed during the film's production. He added that the SEALs portrayed in the film are actual, active-duty SEAL officers and special warfare operators.

Bandito Bros/Hurlbut Visuals use some groundbreaking filming techniques, Notable for their use of DSLR filming, also they produced a new Helmet camera rig ( which will be worn by SEAL/SWCCs and camera men, giving a never before look into maritime special operations.)

Bandito Bros formed a solid relationship with NSW community when they produced the recruiting film for US Navy SWCC, "Best Keep Secret in the Navy"

Finally up again is the video teaser, this is the scene where SEALs/SWCC perform a hostile VBSS on a big fancy yacht, This event doubled as a training exercise for the SEALs/SWCC while it was being filmed for the movie.

New video interviews with film team

Conversations with Filmmakers - Bandito Brothers and Shane Hurlbut

"We sat down at Bandito Brothers beautiful Culver City, CA facility to talk about their experience as filmmakers, working with DSLRs, and in particular the work they did on the Navy Seals feature, currently entitled “Act of Valor.”"

http://www.freshdv.com/2010/05/conve...o-hurlbut.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Navy SEAL sporting Hurlbut's HDSLR MK5 helmet camera, used during the filming of "Act of Valor"
Last edited by FOBdaBuilder; 2010-05-11 at 07:46..
Old 2010-05-11, 04:58   #2
Silly_Savage

Default Re: Movie: ACT OF VALOR 2010

Epic.

I'll be looking forward to hear more information on the movie. I'm excited that they will be using actual, active duty forces in the movie instead of actors.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 06:41   #3
Raynizzle1691

I wonder what the movie is about. Awesome teaser though

Raynizzle1691 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 07:23   #4
Nosferatu
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu

This teaser looks weird. I haven't seen any danger from those dudes on yacht, they were just having good times with skinny chicks who got unhealthy tan. Maybe there were couple of armed guards there but I still don't see much of the crime in it. What we've learned from this teaser: if you've got fancy yacht, like to hang out with tanned models and drink in the afternoon - your azz in big trouble

"In addition to his other Asiatic characteristics, the Russian have no regard for human life and is an all out son of bitch, barbarian, and chronic drunk" - General Patton : A Soldier's Life

If violence isn't the answer, then you obviously need more violence.
Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 07:41   #5
stozzcheese

ahaha looks aswesome! but yes, im with nosferatu, im going to stay away from boats and hoes from now on

smee for [R-CON]
stozzcheese is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:23   #6
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

How did those boats and the Blackhawk sneak up on them like that? You'd expect them to notice

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:40   #7
FOBdaBuilder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dunehunter View Post
How did those boats and the Blackhawk sneak up on them like that? You'd expect them to notice
Too busy with the bikini hoes.
FOBdaBuilder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:43   #8
[R-COM]Hulabi
FDF Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dunehunter View Post
Ehmm... Seahawk :P
Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 11:41   #9
Pariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautaFIN View Post
Ehmm... Seahawk :P
I was gonna point that out, thanks.

Movie looks awesome. Love how the Seahawk hovers sideways as the boat is still moving forward to drop off guys.
Pariel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 11:49   #10
Draakon

Well, it is a movie. Anything can happen in movies.
Draakon is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, act, film, movie, seals, valor