project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Insurgent deployable: a big rock

ok so you read the title, you came in here and you're probably thinking, "wtf?" right?

my suggestion is as it says, a mid to large size rock deployable for insurgents/taliban/rebels

now there have been mention of insurgent road blocks before but most of the time it was with tires, or cars and stuff. all of which were shot down, but hear me out. how hard is it to roll a big rock onto the mountain road which runs through a rocky mountain?

CRITERIA:
- deployable anywhere on the map beyond 100m of Blufor main (this would inhibit the ability to lock the blufor within their main)
- Cannot be placed within 2 meters of another deployed rock (this will prevent complete blocking of roads making it possible to hold up vehicles but not infantry, and only for a limited time while the drivers maneuver around.
- limited to 2 or 3 at a time
- Alternatively we can have a start of 2 with an additional 2 for each hide out that is built.
- Can be used to block roads, small door ways/garden gates
- Can be used as cover similar to sand bags
- destructible only with explosives (APCs, tanks, claymores, etc. NO 50cal. knifing 15 times maybe to simulate pushing it out of the way?)

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Insurgent deployable: a big rock

and where would you find such rock and how will one person move it? cant really build rocks i do like roadblocks though maybe AT traps
if you need a horse to move this little thing then theres no way

[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Teek
Supporting Member

Big Rock!! Yeah!

but in all seriousness, you could use a wheelbarrow to move a rock large rock, maybe two.
The wheelbarrow could be spawned when you deploy it and you shovel it to put a rock or two on the road as the built objects.
I would have to add that C4 or a direct tank shell hit should blow it up however

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Stoic Sentinel

I honestly think it would be more plausible just to get "deployable roadblocks" instead of a big rock. Rubble of buildings, scrap metal, etc. Throw a molotov onto it when Blufor is coming just for good measure (and so you can get those pesky foot mobiles off your back)

Stoic Sentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic Sentinel View Post
I honestly think they could just get "deployable roadblocks" instead of a big rock. Rubble of buildings, scrap metal, etc. Throw a molotov onto it when Blufor is coming just for good measure (and so you can get those pesky foot mobiles off your back)
Previously suggested, no one available to model, I still want very badly. Same shape and size as the tank traps/razorwire would be perfect. Heck, I wouldn't mind that as a placeholder to test it out.

snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
Stoic Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooggums View Post
Previously suggested, no one available to model, I still want very badly. Same shape and size as the tank traps/razorwire would be perfect. Heck, I wouldn't mind that as a placeholder to test it out.
Yeah, I was thinking it'd be more plausible than a big rock in the middle of a street in Fallujah or Karbala.

Stoic Sentinel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
Howitzer

Im all for the Big rock, the rock is a very interesting tactical asset.

They where once thrown in wars , now they are roadblock for modern vehicules !

High five big rock !
Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
Jordanb716

hmmm... an interesting idea but it would only really be appropriate in certain places of certain maps. not really appropriate in somewhere like Ramiel eh? how about a mapper placed "big rock" that falls into the road when hit by an explosion?

Colonelcool: I'd gladly pony up some tax dollars to send a JDAM over there just to kill that rooster.
OkitaMakoto: Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac.
Jigsaw: saying "lock please" accomplishes just about the square root of fuck all
Jordanb716 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
Qaiex

If they were to add a big rock that the insurgents/taliban somehow rolled onto the road, then it should be just as easy to roll it off of the road. You shouldn't have to wait for heavy ordinance to move a rock.
Let infantry shovel the rock away or knife it or something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
snooggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanb716 View Post
hmmm... an interesting idea but it would only really be appropriate in certain places of certain maps. not really appropriate in somewhere like Ramiel eh? how about a mapper placed "big rock" that falls into the road when hit by an explosion?
Like we already have on Korengal in several places, or did that get removed?

snooggums is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
big, deployable, insurgent, rock