project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
drs79
Supporting Member

Default Removal of the attack Loach/Little Bird on insurgency as a whole

Forgive me I am re-posting (I didn't see any mention in the already suggested, suggestions).

The suggestions is just based on my experiences on Ramiel and Karbala. It is a shame but the majority of the time the attack little bird is used in a way that comprises of circling around and around an area while openly firing on the target/targets.

On Karbala, the addition of a transport little bird and the removal of the attack little bird could enable troops to gain advantages/helping out the CO for enemy movements and possible caches where the UAV cannot see.

- Also allow for insertion of soldiers to take down caches which are not visible to the naked eye i.e. caches on top of buildings/roofs.

On Ramiel it would take away the spamming attacks (circular movements) as seen on Karbala, and also help possibly with some lag issues associated with it.

The only helicopter on Ramiel would be the BH, or maybe 2 BH's? Though I have heard lag problems associated with helo's on Ramiel, but mostly with players who do not have the most advanced CPU's and video cards.

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician
www.tmfd.org
[/CENTER]
Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
DeltaFart

Default Re: Removal of the attack Loach/Little Bird on insurgency as a whole

Honestly I dont see hwy the AH6 is still used considering its a Spec Op helo

Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
Honestly I dont see hwy the AH6 is still used considering its a Spec Op helo
The U.S.Army in P.R. had no "TAG-UNIT" wich mean, it could be the 82nd on Silent Eagle, the 160th SOAR on INS map, the 10th Mountain Div in Kashan...etc...

the AH6 do not belong to S.O.COM. it belong to the U.S.Ar.

The fact that U.S.Ar. is not a particular unit allow R-Dev to alot more freedom, just like Canadian Force arent R22eR infantry or PPCLI etc... Infact same for every faction.

Yeah we do use the AH6 the way it says above, but thats the most effective way to do so ingame.

On Karbala i laid down suppress fire, rocket pass etc... for more than a hour with the same chopper providing my team the cover they where needed to move. .

Also consider you're self "kinda" lucky they do not add AH64D on every map that USAr are in, cause in real life, they got plenty of air cover, way much more than depicted in P.R.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
PaveHawk

I like the idea of removing them. But my reasoning is because I hate when they are used to destroy a cache. I've seen it happen so many times. The insurgency has set up a good defense that has already repelled 2-3 waves of attack. Then out of no where the lb pops up and in the span of a 3-5 second burst the cache is gone. It would be one thing if the insurgency could build AA guns near the hideouts. Don't get me wrong. I don't care if the LB is there supporting the troops or circling around. That's easy to counter. I just don't think it should be taking out the caches.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
snooggums

I agree for game play reasons, if it is left the caches should be immune like they are to artillery, to force infantry to remove the cache itself.

I would enjoy a non-armed littlebird with only the two seats used as a spotter, although I'm not sure if they are used that way in reality.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

I can't quite remember who stated it, but isn't the gunship lb basically serving as a placeholder for the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
alberto_di_gio

I really have no idea about the usage of LBs in U.S.Ar. or how much they add plus to a war but I have to say that until now as BLUFOR I did not get any great good from them. And as a INS I really don't worry them any at all. So on both ways I play as they do not exist so I don't really care if they stay or leave.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Transport ones would be so much more useful.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
Sniper77shot

Why would you remove something you can shoot down with an ak-47.

Reality mod is based on realism, for example would they say no we can't use our MBT because it is unfair to insurgents, or No we can't use an Apache because insurgents don't have any attack helicopters. Transport is fair, now you don't have rockets and machine guns raining hell on you, you just have guys shooting down on you from the little bird, but you can take it down so easy so is there any point.

When Sangin is released people will complain that it is unbalanced, so what as long as any team can win it is fine. In Fh2 there is a map called Anctoville 1944 people say Germany can't win you know what I say it is a lie, you know why because I have a picture of Germany winning.

The maps should be left alone, when they are removed people will suggest for it to be added again, so just leave the maps alone.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

The developers have stated on numerous occasions that gameplay trumps realism in many if not most cases. And to be fair the use of an AH-6 by a standard US Army unit is hardly realistic in itself.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Closed Thread

Tags
attack, bird, insurgency, loach or little, removal