project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 04-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
malv
Banned
Default I have a problem with deviation

Please fix the fluffing deviation system. This whole counting bullmanure needs to go. Please, give some feedback on how accurate the shot is going to be like gun sway or some sort of visual indicator. Seriously, counting before shooting is absolutely unrealistic and fluffing lame. Not to mention it takes forever to steady an aim, and people can shift momentum in this game instantly. Moving the mouse throws off the aim, and without being able to predict the character based upon continuity in the momentum profile (+network lag). makes hitting a moving target with a regular rifle a stupidly challenging task. Also, the deviation up close takes too ridiculously long to steady for many of the guns; burst fire shots go frigging everywhere up close.

I mean the deviation system really just murders this game. They've confused just plain awful controls with realism. They really should just reintroduce the accuracy indicator in absence of being able to add gun sway. Anything feels more realistic and appropriate than counting.
Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 04-20-2010 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: Fixed some text...
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 AM   #2
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: For the love of God...

Without it it'll be BF2 all over again. Your thread title is irrational.
Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
Jigsaw

Seriously swearing and badmouthing on the forums will get you no-where. Try providing some constructive feedback instead of just appearing to have a bit of a rant.

The deviation system is a constant WIP and has improved immesurably from previous versions.

I would also add that I never count, it is all about practice and instinct having worked with the system for over 1200 hours

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #4
malv
Banned

It wouldn't be BF2. In real life you have a sense of the accuracy of your shot based upon the steadiness of your aim and the closeness of the target. It's not a matter of counting numbers. Having a reticule to provide an approximate feedback of the accuracy of the shot is 10x more realistic than counting.

I feel as though this game is really trying to emulate realism by gimping the controls and introducing this seemingly nondeterministic timing elements into the mix. It's a poor way of dealing with the limitations of the BF2 engine.
malv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #5
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Your caps lock is stuck here and there, fix it. Seriously, calm down man.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 AM   #6
malv
Banned

Save my sanity and my keyboard please. For a game that does many things rights, to have one really just awful feature ruin the experience is a real shame. There are just too many situations where you just feel like there is no reasonable reason for the shot to miss and to not get the kill.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I have no problems with it. 8 out of 10 times it feels as though my enemies have no deviation at all. It's just you having a bit of bad luck and maybe you're a little to quick to open fire. I often hold fire if I see a foe that's a bit far away and try to get a little closer to him.
Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #8
malv
Banned

I get that impression too and I just don't understand it. Maybe it's because I spend so much time staying still trying to hit targets that are constantly shifting their momentum that I am taken out in the process. My biggest issue is the deviation up close with many of the rifles. It takes too much time to get a decent shot.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 AM   #9
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy

I kind of like the devation system, before they changed it so every guns werent lazers people rarely waited before firing and there was a lot more teamkills. Now people tend to wait before firing. And your aim shouldn't be to kill people it should be to suppress

Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #10
gazzthompson

Default Re: I have a problem with deviation

1. Gun sway isnt possible in game (hence the reason for deviation)
2. The implementation of some sort of visual indicator might still happen (tho isnt needed as bad as you make out)
3. In CQB the wait for deviation is minimal/not needed.
4. yes moving your mouse makes deviation worst, if you move it fast. Move it slow
5. Dont go prone in CQB, ever.
6. Deviation in PR is ever changing.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, god, love, problem