project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
ankyle62

Default Disassemble/destroy enemy kits.

I was thinking it would be cool if you could pick up an enemy kit, break down the rifle, throw the bolt away, or pick up an rpg and break off the optics. Throw away a cell phone or smash it.

Things of that nature. I hate killing someone checking their kit, and not being able to take it or destroy it, knowing it is going to sit there for 5 mins for the person to get it back or someone else to grab it. Same goes when you find an idiot teammate that brings out a engineer kit or hat kit into the field on insurgency.
Last edited by ankyle62; 04-19-2010 at 04:41 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
gazzthompson

Default Re: Disassemble/destroy enemy kits.

Sounds uber hardcoded(but what do i know) and overly complicated to strip and "Break" the weapons, id rather see a com rose command that when you drop the weapon it disappears immediately on the floor. Would be alot more simple.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Use incendiary to burn their kit. Simple.

Now if if this was done on bodies to stop revives

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
ankyle62

gaaz: that works too. maybe just add an animation of breaking it down shotgun style, pulling out the bolt, and tossing it.

tom: an incendiary would draw tons of attention, but does it currently work now to get rid of it?
ankyle62 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Pirate

You can sometimes try to hide it.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
IAJTHOMAS

Collision mesh the bag and knife it to 'disable'?

I would like to be able to swap weapons sometimes without fearing for the kit i'm dropping, disabling the kits would be nice.

IAJTHOMAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
You can sometimes try to hide it.
Yeah, once a guy in my squad got a HAT kit (by accident) in insurgency. We didn't need it, and we were moving inside the city on Ramiel (CO's orders). Even though I SHOULD have RTBed with that kit, we tried dropping it in the water. Took some time, didn't make it. I, in my infinite wiseness, say "leave the kit there. If a random insurgents comes here to do something (which I don't know why would he), he will hit the jackpot. Still, he will be very far from the city, and the game will be over already". In the end, no insurgent picked that up, or at least reached for the city in 5 minutes...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Yeah, once a guy in my squad got a HAT kit (by accident) in insurgency. We didn't need it, and we were moving inside the city on Ramiel (CO's orders). Even though I SHOULD have RTBed with that kit, we tried dropping it in the water. Took some time, didn't make it. I, in my infinite wiseness, say "leave the kit there. If a random insurgents comes here to do something (which I don't know why would he), he will hit the jackpot. Still, he will be very far from the city, and the game will be over already". In the end, no insurgent picked that up, or at least reached for the city in 5 minutes...
Lol, if I was in a Stryker and got pwn'd by a US HAT on that map and saw your post, you'd be my arch-enemy.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #9
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You can waste the kit's special ammo and then drop it again, that'll give you some more time before it's usable, or hide it. It's often very easy to hide it for people, just a few meters and they give up looking for it
Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:23 AM   #10
ankyle62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
You can waste the kit's special ammo and then drop it again, that'll give you some more time before it's usable, or hide it. It's often very easy to hide it for people, just a few meters and they give up looking for it
i will do that if i have time, but usually it's while moving house to house. i also rather not fire off weapons telling people where i am.
ankyle62 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disassemble or destroy, enemy, kits