project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
snooggums
Default [TOW] Grouped reloads/removed from 'infantry' layers

Not sure on the technical implementation part.

Currently a TOW emplacement is a free superzoom HAT with faster reloading and can be replaced by simply destroying it and rebuilding to reload the ammo. As this has led to spamming of TOWs against infantry, I have a couple of suggestions to counter this trend:

Reduce the ammo count to three or four.
or
When first built, have a delayed activation of 5 minutes before it can be manned. This will make the group think twice before firing all of their rockets and just rebuilding it in 15 seconds.
or my actual favorite
Only allow one TOW to be built per build FoB (while retaining the max of two per team). So if you build a FoB in A4, build up a TOW for it and then run out of shots another TOW emplacement near that FoB location can't be built without completely destroying (to the ground) and rebuilding the FoB. This would add enough inconvenience to do a fake reload under fire while still allowing the TOW to be rebuilt while safe if placed poorly.

snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Default Re: [TOW] Grouped reloads/removed from 'infantry' layers

I support the third option ( rebuild FOB to get new TOW).

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
akatabrask

Another idea would be to introduce the need for a supply crate that's needed for the construction of the TOW and destroyed when the TOW is destroyed. This would not only lessen the spammage but also increase the need for functional suplly routes in order to keep it functional.
akatabrask is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
HellDuke

I agree with the idea that you need to rebuild the FOB as it would still take some time.

The idea of getting rid of the crate when the tow is destroyed sounds good as well since you need to get more crates anyway, though that can be overcome by droping a lot of cratesin the first place.
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
boilerrat

A few of these options so far seem to be stretching 32 people out quite far.

There isn't enough people who really want to constantly have to supply 2 - 3 firebases with supplies.

boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
PatrickLA_CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj Pain View Post
I support the third option ( rebuild FOB to get new TOW).
Yeah me too, I think that won't be hard for the DEVs to make and it will help for better gameplay
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
A few of these options so far seem to be stretching 32 people out quite far.

There isn't enough people who really want to constantly have to supply 2 - 3 firebases with supplies.

On most maps, helicopter pilots tend to get really bored and actually wish someone would ask for supplies.
And on the other maps, the people manning the TOW can do their own resupplies with the same logi truck they used to get the supplies to build it in the first place.

Imagine a HAT kit, that was faster to reload, had more than 1 ammo, had several layers of magnification, adding up to a huge zoom, was always guided, and didn't get deviation when it spun around really fast.

That's the TOW right now. Completely unacceptable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Potilas

^dude. TOW isnt comparable with HAT kit. Other is static defence so i find ur post "unacceptable"
Potilas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
-Prowler-

Last night on Muttrah city me and another sniper were owning from the garage roof firing on the fortress, when all of a sudden a TOW missle blows him apart. I get up and start running to the stairs knowing in a second I'm going to have a TOW up my ass, and sure enough before I reach the stairs, "DEAD."

I mean, we didn't even see this TOW...but it hit us with a sickening ammount of accuracy and was able to destroy both of us within a few seconds.

I really like the third option, it seems that would make the operator think about wether he should fire or not.

"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."
-Prowler- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
0331SgtSpyUSMC
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 0331SgtSpyUSMC

What if the only way to reload the TOW would be to use those small crates that troop transport trucks(TRUCKS only, not APC's, if it is all possible) carry. lets say it would need 4 crates dropped within 20 meters of TOW emplacement, witch would get consumed upon reload. I know it's not really "Realistic" but it would definitely limit not only spam/rebuild , but the placement of TOW as well. Infantry would have to be concerned more if they can resupply the damn thing and not how good of a vantage point it has (lately it seems that the higher you put it the more I33t you are lol) Plus the small crates from troop transport are not as widely available as the ones choppers carry. Also, maybe upon a new built, the TOW should have 0 rounds until small crates are dropped within it's range. Just an idea.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away

0331SgtSpyUSMC is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grouped, infantry, layers, reloads or removed, tow