project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion > PR:V Suggestions
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:V Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
hades198
Default Aussie Forces?

Just asking will australian forces be involved In PR V if it is actually developed?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
mo0nbuggy1
Banned
Default Re: Aussie Forces?

Yes!!!, I asked this question the day PR:V was announced.
It's going to be awessoommmee!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
HangMan_

Yes as [R-DEV]Trahnlee mentioned in the PR:V announcement thread, "Aussie" forces are being developed for PR:Vietnam.

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
Old 04-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Hitman.2.5

Will they have the SLR?

Derpist
Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
mo0nbuggy1
Banned

Hopefully, aswell as M16's. We used both at the later stages of our involvement in Vietnam.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
Redamare
Supporting Member

lol cool .... i dont have any real mental information on the vietnam war i didnt know that there were aussie forces there ... i just thaught it was French and Usa.... ( i feel ignorant ) :'(

Old 04-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
lol cool .... i dont have any real mental information on the vietnam war i didnt know that there were aussie forces there ... i just thaught it was French and Usa.... ( i feel ignorant ) :'(
[History Lesson]
The french had little to no presence in Vietnam when the US Ground combat forces arrived in 1965(to my knowledge). Australia and New Zealand were the only two nations allied with the USA that actually sent a combat commitment to Vietnam. Australia actually drafted civilians into the military during this time, as they were involved in two South East asian conflicts. The domino theory was seen as quite a real threat to Australia's regional security.

When a larger commitment came from Australia to vietnam, along side a small artillery commitment from New Zealand, the "ANZAC" forces moved from Bien Hoa, to take control of Phuoc Tuy province, building a logistics base near the R & R city of Vung Tau, and a Forward Operations base at Nui Dat. These two bases would be the home of the Australian and New Zealand troops for the duration of the war.

[/History lesson]

HangMan

PR Community Faction Team - "Getting Sh*t Done..."
Last edited by HangMan_; 04-11-2010 at 11:40 PM..
Old 04-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

Sorry what happened? I just woke up. Felt like school.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
ChiefRyza

Have a talk to Tonnie about the voice overs, I'm sure you can use most of them for PR:V

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current project: Operation Tempest
Old 04-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
JohnnyTheIED
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]HangMan View Post
[History Lesson]
The french had little to know presence in Vietnam when the US Ground combat forces arrived in 1965(to my knowledge). Australia and New Zealand were the only two nations allied with the USA that actually sent a combat commitment to Vietnam. Australia actually drafted civilians into the military during this time, as they were involved in two South East asian conflicts. The domino theory was seen as quite a real threat to Australia's regional security.

When a larger commitment came from Australia to vietnam, along side a small artillery commitment from New Zealand, the "ANZAC" forces moved from Bien Hoa, to take control of Phuoc Tuy province, building a logistics base near the R & R city of Vung Tau, and a Forward Operations base at Nui Dat. These two bases would be the home of the Australian and New Zealand troops for the duration of the war.

[/History lesson]

HangMan
The french we're pretty much gone after the defeat of Dien bien Phu in 1954. However, like many I've almost never heard of the Aussies during Vietnam.

Any numbers on the troops that we're sent? I'm guessing something around 5000-10 000 max since it wasn't much covered.

Would be a shame if it was more if you ask me, shame that there wasn't more coverage from the media and history books.

Tags
aussie, forces