project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
orunes

Default New gametype: Team Deathmatch.

I was thinking, a new game type for PR would be fun.
You recently made a new gametype: Vehicle Warfare.

But my suggestion of a new gametype is: Team Deathmatch, you spawn on a random spot on the map and just walk down and shoot your adversarys. The game type would ofcaurse work with tickets (wich will probably save some time programming it). But there is one problem for this type: it is on possible for less 10 to 30 players, and only on quite small maps wich means you'll have to change the maps.

Thank you very much for reading my suggestion, and I hope that in the future (how far it may be) a game type wich looks a bit like I just suggested would be playble. Thank you very much.

And sorry for my bad english. ..
Old 03-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Llama8p
Default Re: New gametype: Team Deathmatch.

I do NOT like this at all ! The realism that this mod strives after would go down the drain and I would start looking for another game!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
killonsight95
Supporting Member

COD fan much? and skirmish is already in-game where small maps are used and is more realistic than what u suggested.
i don't think this would ever get into this game as COD is one of the most unrealistic attempts at a realistic game

Last edited by killonsight95; 03-27-2010 at 07:30 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
Stoic Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orunes View Post
I was thinking, a new game type for PR would be fun.
You recently made a new gametype: Vehicle Warfare.

But my suggestion of a new gametype is: Team Deathmatch, you spawn on a random spot on the map and just walk down and shoot your adversarys. The game type would ofcaurse work with tickets (wich will probably save some time programming it). But there is one problem for this type: it is on possible for less 10 to 30 players, and only on quite small maps wich means you'll have to change the maps.

Thank you very much for reading my suggestion, and I hope that in the future (how far it may be) a game type wich looks a bit like I just suggested would be playble. Thank you very much.

And sorry for my bad english. ..
Honestly, I think it's a horrible idea. PR is all about teamwork, how can you apply that when you are all spread around? That's not even really "team" deathmatch anymore. If you want to run-and-gun down your enemies, go try on MW2 or BC2 on for size.
I'm not trying to shoot you down. That's just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.realitymod.com/features.html
Overview

Project Reality (PR) is a modification for Battlefield 2 on the PC. Project Reality's aim is to create a more realistic combat environment than standard Battlefield 2, and place a greater emphasis on teamwork and cooperation.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

already have that and it is called skirmish
Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
mat552

There are maps that offer a great team deathmatch experience, Asad Khal as an example, it doesn't matter how well you plan our your strategy, it nearly always devolves into the IDF trying to Assault and Hold Occupied Mansion. If they get that, then it's a struggle to hold it while they take south village. No vehicles worth using in direct combat, and the fighting is always close enough to satisfy that COD craving.

TDM maps and game modes are still out there, it just takes a little experience to figure out which ones they are.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #7
Potilas

+1 When you have only 6-2 players on the server TDM game mode would be great. Very smal maps, shorter respawn time, no flags->random respawn, no limited kits and so on. Current TDM maps are too big for 2-6 players so they could do smaller map variants for less populated servers. Im just thinking from fun perspective.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Most players are set to team deathmatch by default, please don't encourage people to play like this.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #9
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

This is not the main direction PR is following, so this is never really going to happen.

Locking for resuggestion.

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

Closed Thread

Tags
death, deathmatch, gametype, match, team