project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Aircraft Tactics
26 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Hunt3r
Default Help with aerial combat: How?

The problem is that I've never been able to really practice dogfights well in PR, usually because co-op servers are just where you spam missiles to get a kill, and no one actually uses the PR jets.

So how do you fight?

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
sharpie
Supporting Member

Wink Re: Help with aerial combat: How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
The problem is that I've never been able to really practice dogfights well in PR, usually because co-op servers are just where you spam missiles to get a kill, and no one actually uses the PR jets.

So how do you fight?
Usually (for me anyways,) it just comes down to how fast you are and skill.
I prefer the MiG over the F-16 because of the AA-12s. I just find them to be really good in a dogfight, due to the ability to really F*&% over the other guy . Now to something actually post related-

(General)
1.When in a dogfight, try to get in close, and DONT lose track of the target for a seconds. Use the control button to look around and keep an eye on him. If you are close enough, dont forget about that really big gun sitting under your feet. Hit left click when the reticle is over your target, and watch the fireworks.

(Manouevering)
2.Here is a big part to the dogfight. Outflying your opponent (Usually the class 3 noob)
Nice, big fancy turns can come in handy when trying to kill your target. If your locked, try some crazy manouveres (i.e. twists, turns, barrel rolls) and do your best to either get behind him, or get away from him. Usually, my pinky finger is usually glued to the shift button when doing so.

(Landing)
3. Im going over this cause i can.
Rule 1: DONT. FUCKING. CRASH.

And there is a quick and basic guide to dogfighting, with a little sarcasm mixed in.
If your a nub and still need practice, find a traning server with a few people in it and fly around a bit, get a feel for it. Also, if you want to do CAS support, make sure your the first squad up. Get the squad ready etc. and hit enter the second your see 1:30.

That is all.
Your welcome Hunter.

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
RinWarZip: Your butthurt is like cold september morning by the seashore for me. Refreshing. Pepper mint.
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo
Default Re: Help with aerial combat: How?

Don't use fighters for hunting jets whitout good spottings Anything whit JDAM's only use them to stay extremely high and only go down for landings

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Get up high, fly around the map in a circle avoiding the centre, keep looking for the other jet and most of the time you see him first, you win.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Generally I just run away towards friendly AA :P

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Hitman.2.5

there is no such thing as a dog fight in PR its just who sees who first and if your on his tail you win that's all there is to it, I remember when there were dog fight's only on the PR training mini mod.

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Drunkenup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post
there is no such thing as a dog fight in PR its just who sees who first and if your on his tail you win that's all there is to it, I remember when there were dog fight's only on the PR training mini mod.
Thats pretty much it. If you're the only in front and hes behind you, you might as well just bail out then and there. PR Flying =/= Maneuvering.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
PuffNStuff

They need to take out the vBF2 coded jets on training maps. This causes a bias for people to use them for practice when those jets aren't even used in deployment. They fly VERY different from the PR jets. The fact that they are even on the training server pretty much discourages any real training for jet fighting.
PuffNStuff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
boilerrat

We need the .87 training mode back.

boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
Drunkenup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffNStuff View Post
They need to take out the vBF2 coded jets on training maps. This causes a bias for people to use them for practice when those jets aren't even used in deployment. They fly VERY different from the PR jets. The fact that they are even on the training server pretty much discourages any real training for jet fighting.
Those are for the bots to fly. If you gave them a PR style coded jet, then they'd crash on takeoff.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aerial, combat