project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
jermaindefoe
Banned
Default Is this the beginning of the end for PR:BF2? - No it isn't.

I was wondering if development is going to stop on BF2 PR and be concentrated on the new Arma version. I would really hate that cus im not sure this Arma mod is gonna be that great and i just wanna keep playin this version for now.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Koroush47

Default Re: is this the beginning of the end for PR:BF2

I hope not.

I like current PR.

There is something about ARMA 2 that I just can't get over. I never got into it at all. Don't know why.
Last edited by Koroush47; 03-12-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Old 03-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Jigsaw

No absolutely not. It is clearly stated in the news post that this is purely an expansion of the PR interest to include an additional game and as you can see additional team members have been brought in to focus exclusively on this new game, rather than existing team members being pulled from BF2 PR development to work on ArmA 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force View Post
We also want to emphasis we are not in direct competition with any of the other great mods out there. However as a team we want to see what we can now do with the Real Virtuality 3 engine, as well as the continued full scale continued development of PR for Battlefield2. We are not in any way changing engines. We have simply expanded the team's reach into ArmA2 with new developers. It is not PR2, nor are we ceasing PR:BF2 development.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 03-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermaindefoe View Post
I was wondering if development is going to stop on BF2 PR and be concentrated on the new Arma version. I would really hate that cus im not sure this Arma mod is gonna be that great and i just wanna keep playin this version for now.
If people actually started reading the news post, threads like this wouldnt be needed

Gaz and serveral others have already claimed that none of the devs or atleast few of the devs from PR:Bf2 will work on the ARMA version.

The ARMA2 developers will be recruited from and are rigth now from the arma2 mod community.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Redamare
Supporting Member

yea i hope not too ...... we just need to come up with some new ideas lol ... new maps that work well that people dont start to dislike.. new factions need to be released more often community moding which is great

Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

"There's always one more bug." - Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology
Old 03-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

well some people will have less time to work on BF2 now
Old 03-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
well some people will have less time to work on BF2 now
No that is not the case, as stated several times new developers have been brought in to work specifically on ArmA 2 whilst the existing BF2 devs continue as normal.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Look how long it took for BF2 PR to get to this point. Ask this question in a few years and it might be legit. But, right now, PR > Arma2 no matter how many fancy assets and stuff you add in. Gameplay is what makes PR so great.

It's great they're working on Arma2, but honestly the game can't compare to how polished the gameplay in PR is.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

The news post states that the PR Team recruited the DEVs mainly from the ARMA 2 community, not the exisiting PR DEVs.

Closed Thread

Tags
beginning, end, prbf2