project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Potilas

Default Patches. Too easy healing?

Getting wounded is not a big problem to hanlde. 2-3 patches and you are fine again. That takes about 15s when bodies are near where you can seek for the patches. I think we need to lower the value how much the patch recover hitpoints. Fast heal promote ppl to lonewolfing and carelesness advance. I dont look the issue about realims perspective. Rapid healing is unrealistic as we all know so lets not bring realism things into discussion.
Potilas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Patches. Too easy healing?

I would agree that patches are getting a bit odd, when ever you need healing people are starting to ignore medics and just hunt for enemy officer kits on the ground :P

worst thing is when the squad leader needs a revive, and someone steals his kit for patches, tehn SL gets revived and you gotta spend time getting the kit back to teh sl.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
corp_calqluslethal

Well at least its better than in vanilla. Where all you had to do is spam med packs and you instantly got full health once to walked over one.

corp_calqluslethal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Killer-Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
I would agree that patches are getting a bit odd, when ever you need healing people are starting to ignore medics and just hunt for enemy officer kits on the ground :P

worst thing is when the squad leader needs a revive, and someone steals his kit for patches, tehn SL gets revived and you gotta spend time getting the kit back to teh sl.
Patches are good as they sometimes take the load of the medic.

This happens often when I play; One guy is getting patched up by me(as medic), and then suddenly another guy comes screaming for medic, instead of using a patch and wait for his turn while obviously keeping one side covered he keeps staring at us annoyingly asking for medic. This situation piles up to more players until one enemy kills us all as nobody was covering.

I even had an incident on Gaza Beach where we had two close crates to reload patches obviously, and the idiots still wanted to stare at me even as I healed someone else that just got revived. And guess what, we all died from one grenade.

People definitely need to learn how to use patches even if medic is close.

And I don’t agree, medics almost never get ignored… obviously.
Last edited by Killer-Ape; 03-10-2010 at 08:11 AM..
Old 03-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
Arnoldio
Banned

If the medic is close, you dont need a patch, if youre bleeding out with the blurred vision, you are his priority, he should heal you firs, or at kleas stabilise the bleeding a bit...

Patches are the last option /when the medics are not around...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
Killer-Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
If the medic is close, you dont need a patch, if youre bleeding out with the blurred vision, you are his priority, he should heal you firs, or at kleas stabilise the bleeding a bit...

Patches are the last option /when the medics are not around...
The patch will stabilize him for a short time and remove the blurry vision. If I just revived someone then he is exactly in the same situation, no way you can help two guys at the same time.

There are plenty of situations when you can reload a patch.
Killer-Ape is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
alberto_di_gio

Disagree. Because:

If you get a clear gun shot wound one patch will not be enough definitely. 2-3 patches yes but then some of your teammates should give your their own. %60 of the time patches are giving me sometime to find a medic or supply crate around which is the main aim I guess.

alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
Potilas

Im sorry that i bring old thread alive.

Why in earth the patches have to recover hit points in the first place? It would be much better if those just stop bleeding. I cant belive that it is impossible to code. Why we have +25hp ticket(s) in the pocket instead of bandage what actually stop bleeding? It does not feel right when u managed to hit the enemy, but end up losing the firefight and then he heal himself by plundering corpses :[

One more thing. It would be awesome if APC back seat restores slowly hit points for the passengers.
Potilas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
Beowulf2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potilas View Post
Im sorry that i bring old thread alive.

Why in earth the patches have to recover hit points in the first place? It would be much better if those just stop bleeding. I cant belive that it is impossible to code. Why we have +25hp ticket(s) in the pocket instead of bandage what actually stop bleeding? It does not feel right when u managed to hit the enemy, but end up losing the firefight and then he heal himself by plundering corpses :[

One more thing. It would be awesome if APC back seat restores slowly hit points for the passengers.
I agree with the everything except the last part. Players who are shot and use a bandage really shouldn't gain hit points, but only stop bleeding and be handicapped in some manner until they find a medic. Is the BF2 engine capable of hit location differentiation? With the game engine, could you make it so a shot to the arm makes it take longer to settle the weapon and/or have more recoil? I'm assuming not, but it would be something to consider for the next engine upgrade.

As for the APC, I'm against it healing the player. Maybe stabilize if bleeding, but no healing. Healing needs to truly be medic only.

Squad Leader: "Guys, just shut up and start shooting!"
Beowulf2525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #10
kaufman_23

i agree, patches should only stop bleeding and not give hp
kaufman_23 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
easy, healing, patches