project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
XxxGrANdmA

Default Limited kits disappear as soon as they hit the ground.

I'm not sure how well this suggestion would work out but here an idea. How about limited kits such as medic, hat, sniper etc. disppear the second they hit the ground. I think this would be a nice idea because i doubt just because you pick up a sniper off a dead guys body, you instantly know how to use it. Same with the medic. You aren't going to know how to fix someone up as good as a real medic just because you took a dead medic's medicbag and epipens. (this could also make medics more vital to survive because now they can't just get wounded and have someone pick up their kit to revive him and the whole rest of the squad if they go down) HAT too, I'm not sure if in the military everyone is trained on how to use Anti tank weapons such as the SRAW (or whatever other hat there is) but if not, again, i don't think you'll be a genuis on how to operate it effectivly. maybe it's not that hard because i've obviously never done it before. Picking up kits at a crate is different because it kinda simulates that you already had the training but you just went to the crate to pick up you gun. Going out with a rifleman kit and finding a limited kit somewhere would just simulate you finding a random sniper on the ground but have no idea how to use it properly. Anyways, please tell me what you think and also if it could be possible with this old, aging engine.
XxxGrANdmA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: Limited kits disappear as soon as they hit the ground.

Maybe for medic. But the rest, no.

It's unrealistic that the enemy wouldn't be able to steal those weapons after they killed the soldiers. And as far as friendlies picking up the kits, how realistic or fun would it be if a soldier beside you goes down trying to fire off an AT4, and the enemy vehicle is still there, but you can't pick up his launcher because it's gone. I think all infantry are trained on such basic weapons as the AT4, so it's unrealistic in that respect.

Also the point of the kits staying for 5 minutes is to encourage people to wait for a medic to come and revive them. If the kit is gone the second you get wounded, most people will opt to give up and go back to where they can request their kit again, rather than get revived with a basic rifleman kit.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Qaiex

I agree for the medic, that one makes sense.
The rest do not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
l|Bubba|l

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
I agree for the medic, that one makes sense.
The rest do not.
I Disagree.
The whole revive system in pr is based on gameplay and not on realism.

It would be huge drawback if this was removed.

l|Bubba|l is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
badmojo420
Supporting Member

In my opinion the gameplay suffers because the medic kit can be picked up. Not only can just anybody revive the whole squad 5mins after they went down, but we start seeing insurgent squads with 2-3 medics. I know personally if i see a whole pile of coalition kits as an insurgent, i pick through them looking for a medic kit. It's valuable and changes the game drastically.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't like it tbh because it just becomes convoluted

what I would like to see is for your previous kit to be made to disappear if you request a new kit, in the interests of gameplay, but I don't know how feasible that is.

So, you can protect your team's dropped kits e.g. when a fellow has been molotoved

alternatively, would be nice if you could easily destroy kitbags with knife, grenades, incendiaries etc to withold kits from the enemy or just blow up that enemy kit you don't want them to have using a HAT or something.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
would be nice if you could easily destroy kitbags with knife, grenades, incendiaries etc to withold kits from the enemy or just blow up that enemy kit you don't want them to have using a HAT or something.
I've started to hide the valuable kits when I kill someone. For example, if i kill a Taliban sniper, I'll take his kit, run somewhere close like the bushes, tall grass or anywhere that the kit won't be easily seen, I drop it there and go back and pick up my kit. This way, if they come back looking for their sniper kit they find nothing.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Qaiex

What is the point of tactically eliminating the medic if anyone can take his place with the press of a button?
Knowing field medicine isn't a weapon or a piece of a equipment, it's a skill that takes years to learn, it shouldn't be something everyone can do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

I actually agree with this implementation on the medic. As a medic player myself I often realize that I'm leading the charge, which afaik would be a big no no realistically... you'd want your riflemen heading in first with the SL & medic as the back two (wouldn't you?). Knowing that my squad couldn't grab my kit & revive me would, at least for me, force me to hang back. The medic would be like the holy grail for the squad... protect with your life!!!

I dunno, I think it could be an interesting gameplay mechanic, as well as creating a real need for collaborators on the Insurgent side (right now my insurgent squads always scrounge at least 1 medic for convenience).
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #10
Dev1200

I would certainly disagree. If someone dies with a limited kit, your squad won't be able to pick it up. Thats lame, especially if a squad member has a LAT or HAT kit with enemy armor near you

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disappear, ground, hit, kits, limited